Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

Yee all know Roach is a mare/filly right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

How am I going to get over to that little inhospitable island in the distance?... Oh a rickety old boat.... Ok
    Whistle when you get there and Roach magically appears....
    Oh clever boy, thats a nice trick. Attaboy, have a carrot...

Back in the civilised world....
    Hey Roach, Im over here by the edge of the road... No, this way, cmon Roach.... Yeah thats it,... No, now where are you going.... Watch that tree there... Now this way... Roach... Roach... ROACH!!.... Oh for fùčk sake, I'll walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yee all know Roach is a mare/filly right? :)

Not completely true. One "Roach" will be male. The next will be female. And so on.

Kirby wrote: »
    Not completely true. One "Roach" will be male. The next will be female. And so on.

Oh yes I got that I meant in the context of witcher 3 Roach, Geralt referred to her as a her or she at least twice that I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Continued my death march run today with the ESO servers in maintenance. Was short lived due to a glitch I haven't heard of before. Was at the part with Botchling, and the Wraiths started to infinitely spawn. They literally respawned every time I killed one over and over. This isn't normal. Did it for about ten minutes at one point. Tried this 5 times and the same thing. Going to have to kill it this time in the two hour long fight.

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    Continued my death march run today with the ESO servers in maintenance. Was short lived due to a glitch I haven't heard of before. Was at the part with Botchling, and the Wraiths started to infinitely spawn. They literally respawned every time I killed one over and over. This isn't normal. Did it for about ten minutes at one point. Tried this 5 times and the same thing. Going to have to kill it this time in the two hour long fight.

Ouch and that was one of the tricky parts of the game anyway I found if you went there early even the alternative wasn't simple
    someother enemies spawn along with the botchling half way through
    i think no?

Managed to find a save right before I get locked into that bit hopefully it will stop if I do other stuff and come back.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I agree on roach, i whistle, he pops up and then runs away from me until he gets trapped in a clothesline. Poor ol Special Roach.

Full Crew trophy popped, about to fight the white hunt in kaer morhen, i can almost smell the platinum. Decided to finish it up before going back to batman.

Don't forget to sync it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Patch 1.05 is out today for consoles.
    Patch notes:
    • Gold will no longer reset beyond 65535
    • Fixes lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
    • Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
    • The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
    • Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
    • Mutagen bonuses will now be saved properly
    • Potion of Clearance will no longer be automatically placed into the quick slot if player runs out of other edibles
    • Fixes issue where some skills were not removed properly by Potion of Clearance
    • Improves stability in gameplay and the UI

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What happened to the free Triss DLC on PS4? And this weeks DLC for that matter. Thought it should have been released yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

What happened to the free Triss DLC on PS4? And this weeks DLC for that matter. Thought it should have been released yesterday.
    I downloaded this week's and the Triss DLC a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

DLC is released on the European PS4 on Thursdays. They are all on the store now.
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/cid=EP4497-CUSA01439_00-0000000000000001%3AADD-ONS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Evade wrote: »
    I downloaded this week's and the Triss DLC a few minutes ago.

Must have went up this morning so. I checked around 1am before bed and nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got the Platinum, Jaysus those last few boss fights where I was about 5 levels under the recommended were not fun. All in all, Death March was alright. When the expansion packs come out, I will be loading up my first save and upping the difficulty from Medium to next one up.

Now, onto Batman!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Got the Platinum, Jaysus those last few boss fights where I was about 5 levels under the recommended were not fun. All in all, Death March was alright. When the expansion packs come out, I will be loading up my first save and upping the difficulty from Medium to next one up.

Now, onto Batman!

Ha how did you manage to be so under levelled? I pretty much stuck to the main quests on death march and I was only 1 level under at the final parts

neasyerac wrote: »
    Ha how did you manage to be so under levelled? I pretty much stuck to the main quests on death march and I was only 1 level under at the final parts

Well I only did main quests and side quests for the full crew trophy, used only witcher gear and got bonus xp from kills. I didn't touch anything else. I spose there's so many ways to get xp, everyone could be at a different level at a different point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm on my first playthrough now and I went to the isle of mists and it gave me the choice to save, it seemed important which led me to believe it was the end of the game. Is it? I'm dying to see the end but at level 22 might I be underpowered? Also I was wondering is there any "point of no return" quests that will be unavailable if I proceed into the isle of mists?

I have plenty of secondary quests and contracts to do if levelling up is required but like I said, I really want to proceed with the main storyline. Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'm on my first playthrough now and I went to the isle of mists and it gave me the choice to save, it seemed important which led me to believe it was the end of the game. Is it? I'm dying to see the end but at level 22 might I be underpowered? Also I was wondering is there any "point of no return" quests that will be unavailable if I proceed into the isle of mists?

I have plenty of secondary quests and contracts to do if levelling up is required but like I said, I really want to proceed with the main storyline. Cheers...
    You're nowhere near the end of the game, another 20 hours at least.

The Isle of Mists warning is because 4 or 5 side quests, mostly to do with old friends, will auto fail once you go there if not already completed. If you go there and instantly fail a quest, reload and finish that quest line before going there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not near the end of the game but it is the final chapter of sorts.

What happens next is around 20 hours or so of pure story gameplay that alone was worth the games prices. Evade is correct something will happen that may remove the chances of completing side missions for certain people.

Without spoiling anything, basically after you start Isle of Mists you cannot do any pre-existing side quests that involve any main characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Nice one. I'm glad it's not the end, the story would've been a bit flat if it was. Now to tie up loose ends and hit the Isles...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Any where u can buy cheap digital code for Xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

soap1978 wrote: »
    Any where u can buy cheap digital code for Xbox one

Not exactly cheap, €53

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

With the whole Arkham Knight fiasco, i'm free to continue the Witcher until it's sorted. I was about to rush the final bit (have everything except 1 ? in Velen (level 35 Griffen, i'm 27), but i've still loads of ?'s in Skellige. I'm at the part where i've to head to the Isle, so it was nice to read that there's about 20 more hours of stuff once i get there. So Skellige can go fook with all it's ?'s.

I also only realised last night that the boat works the same as Roach, double tapping A makes me go quicker!

With the whole Arkham Knight fiasco, i'm free to continue the Witcher until it's sorted. I was about to rush the final bit (have everything except 1 ? in Velen (level 35 Griffen, i'm 27), but i've still loads of ?'s in Skellige. I'm at the part where i've to head to the Isle, so it was nice to read that there's about 20 more hours of stuff once i get there. So Skellige can go fook with all it's ?'s.

I also only realised last night that the boat works the same as Roach, double tapping A makes me go quicker!

Nearly 200 hours of play and I never knew that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Now if only double tapping W did that ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Now if only double tapping W did that ¬_¬

Holding SHIFT too much bother? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yes actually, it is. You'd know that if you tried it. When you're sailing the seas or exploring on horseback for a while it can get uncomfortable for my baby finger. Double tap W or a simple sprint on/off key like CAPS LK would be a logical control design but unfortunately they don't allow that kind of re-binding freedom.

New DLC coming this week, possible witcher vs witcher? sounds promising.

Comment on FB made me chuckle. Batman seems to be a fairly short game but I think Witcher is after ruining with me with the amount/quality of side quests to do.
    Now that I'm done with Batman, it's back to the Witcher 3 for me!

11219069_10153090808399331_9221527905379972311_n.png?oh=6d61362d45199405712268ea4a5f16c8&oe=56313317

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Due to me killing someone during the story the Wolf gear quest was unobtainable from 1 vendor, spent around 5 hours just getting that gear.

Not bad for Free DLC.

Shame I have nothing to kill :(

Advertisement