Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Millions of hours played but strangely still don't think Geralt is a likable character. I'm not sure what it is.

Must be your choices :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Uriel. wrote: »
    Must be your choices :p

I'm not sure what it is. I find myself saying 'oh shut up Geralt you sap' more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Millions of hours played but strangely still don't think Geralt is a likable character. I'm not sure what it is.

I never played The Witcher games before and when I started this, I thought he was just going to be another cookie-cutter badass with a gravelly voice but now I think his sarcasm and cringey jokes are great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I see we've got a priest of the Eternal Fire on our hands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I love Geralt, his reactions to events can be great!

Played The Battle
    of Kaer Morhen last night....WOW, that was epic. Amazing scenes, and some of the visuals/audio/all round presentation was incredible. Genuinely felt tired and sad after it, great stuff!

Also on the Isle of
    Mists - I loved the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs reference with that mission. With Ciri being Snow White, and then Sleepy the dwarf, and the guy falling to his death obviously being dopey. Really love how they intertwine all the various fairy tales into the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Wow, this game is huge. I'm only an hour or so in (Just completed the "Devil By The Well" contract) but I honestly think this will be the first game I pick up a guide for.

The alchemy alone is just mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I'm about 80 hours in and i haven't gone near the alchemy part yet, I have just started doing the quests for the armour sets so I will play with that for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Got this game about 2-3 weeks ago and still only had a chance to put 2-3 hours in, off work for the next week so gonna give it a good bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Got my shiny new ps4 and game over the weekend. Just played about 4 or 5 hours. Finished the contract for the military captain and done a few other bits and pieces. Mostly just poncing around the countryside from marker to marker. Still not quite got the hang of the combat, but that's more me being ****e than the game being difficult I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I like the combat , It's realistic enough like most things you can deal with but sometimes i find myself getting caught out especially when i get surrounded by drowners you can get overwhelmed quite easily if you're not careful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Corvo wrote: »
    Wow, this game is huge. I'm only an hour or so in (Just completed the "Devil By The Well" contract) but I honestly think this will be the first game I pick up a guide for.

The alchemy alone is just mind boggling.

I've often wondered where I'd be now, if I applied myself in school to the level I now do to in game systems. :rolleyes:

you are now level 15 in ruler catapult skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I like the combat , It's realistic enough like most things you can deal with but sometimes i find myself getting caught out especially when i get surrounded by drowners you can get overwhelmed quite easily if you're not careful

Yrden is very handy for fighting groups.
    Dancing Star will also distract a few as they try to put out fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

No free DLC this week as they are working on patch 1.07 which is a big one

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-01-next-witcher-3-patch-fixes-tiny-text
    As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:
    • A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
    • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
    • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
    • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
    • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
    • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
    • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
    • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
    • Various improvements to horse behavior.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Those changes sound brilliant. The inventory system needed an overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Those are some really good changes. Fair play to CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Wow, What an update. They listened to pretty much everything! This is what developers should be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent update there!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The inventory system was better in the second game IMHO, or at least more granular. The changes sound good tho.

I eventually got used to alchemy there too only for it to be more or less gutted in this game with the alcohol + meditation shortcut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If they switched the mini map for a compass I'd nearly go back for a second playthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

5uspect wrote: »
    The inventory system was better in the second game IMHO, or at least more granular. The changes sound good tho.

I eventually got used to alchemy there too only for it to be more or less gutted in this game with the alcohol + meditation shortcut.

Yeah I much preferred the older alchemy, in this game it's more like homoeopathy considering that the first batch of Swallow I made way back at the beginning must be diluted to one part per billion at this stage (potions are getting stronger the more they're diluted as well, most of them are now at superior level :p).

Glad they're making changes to the inventory, it really does become a chore after the first couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Any word on when this patch is released?

thorbarry wrote: »
    Any word on when this patch is released?

I'd say either this week or next week seeing as they are not releasing any free DLC this week due to working on the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Please include the fix for the missing Scholars body at the Hanging Tree!!!!

He has the Zoltan gwent card.
    A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.

What the hell is this gonna be like.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

His glare sternly skill increases

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mr Freeze wrote: »

I'm hoping it means when I release "W" he actually stops.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/07/the-witcher-3-dev-warns-against-installing-leaked-alternate-ciri-dlc/

There was a free DLC released on PSN store and Xbox One by accident that isn't finished. If you downloaded it, uninstall it as you could lose progress. The DLC was for an alternative look for Ciri
    the_witcher_3_free_dlc_ciri_alternate.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/07/the-witcher-3-dev-warns-against-installing-leaked-alternate-ciri-dlc/

There was a free DLC released on PSN store and Xbox One by accident that isn't finished. If you downloaded it, uninstall it as you could lose progress. The DLC was for an alternative look for Ciri

Cheers for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

So happy they've listened and added somewhere to stash items,the developer really seems to be on the ball when it comes to listening to fan feedback. I was just leaving all my excess stuff on the floor of Dandelions pub in Novigrad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Non story/gameplay related spoiler question:
    So the narrator is Dandelion?
    :eek:

Advertisement