Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that's no moon! ..I mean patch
    that would have filled most of my first pc hard drive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Does anyone know what Gamestop are offering for The Witcher 3 in store credit or cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Patch is live if you have the PS4 U.S version anyway.... 7.5Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Gamestop are offering for The Witcher 3 in store credit or cash?

What system do you have it on ? I'm looking to pick this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CombatCow wrote: »
    Patch is live if you have the PS4 U.S version anyway.... 7.5Gb

Same for Xbox ONE. 7.3GB, live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No wonder its taking forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Nodferatu wrote: »

No but think cex is 35. Can't see gamestop giving more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What system do you have it on ? I'm looking to pick this up.

Do, its going to be a classic.

Argos has it for 60. Cheapest new.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Have to say I'm blown away by the depth, atmosphere and environment if this game. Weather system is something else. Does anyone know if I can store inventory anywhere convenient? It's becoming a pain getting rid of items for new gear.

Also how near should you be to suggested levels before attempting quests ? I'm at level 13 and have contracts and quests at levels on the thirties. I'm afraid to go to skellige cos I'm three levels off the suggested 16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

. Does anyone know if I can store inventory anywhere convenient? It's becoming a pain getting rid of items for new gear.

Thats being added in the new patch due out today.

Thats being added in the new patch due out today.

Oh is it ? Yeah I'm watching it download as we speak.

Good lord. Downloading at least three hours now on the xbox and it's stagnated at the mid 60s range. The original download wasn't even this slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The PSN side of things ain't much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Also how near should you be to suggested levels before attempting quests ? I'm at level 13 and have contracts and quests at levels on the thirties. I'm afraid to go to skellige cos I'm three levels off the suggested 16
    Go to Skellige, it's the best part of the game. The quest to get there is level 16 but it's not too difficult and there are quests as low as level 12 in Skellige.

The most minor almost not even a spoiler for the quest to get there,
    it costs 1000 gold but you get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The patch isn't out yet on my PSN but apparently the game doesn't run as well after the patch with frame rate drops from the last patch....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Still no patch for me either...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ah for fück sake... I couldn't be more pissed off right now... :mad::mad::mad:
    Full sure I was getting the Yen and Trish 3-way on like donkey kong... Even convinced myself it would be a dream sequence .... Teasing whøres!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

All good with the new patch here (Steam).

No issues with the old saves (checked 5 most recent).

Stash and inventory changes most welcome (finally trim 80/160 weight, just couldn't sell those swords). Stash only works with "equipment" and "other" items but not an issue as crafting components now weigh nothing and books weigh feck all. Can't split items to store in stash (eg. weapon repair kits) so workaround is to drop what you want to carry, stash the balance, and pick up the dropped loot.

Alternative movement option not a major change but I like it, just more responsive, sharper turning (using m/kb).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ah for fück sake... I couldn't be more pissed off right now... :mad::mad::mad:
    Full sure I was getting the Yen and Trish 3-way on like donkey kong... Even convinced myself it would be a dream sequence .... Teasing whøres!

That's what you get for being greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cadea

Just in case anyone has a problem with the Matches Count Error in the 1.07 patch like I did on PC, rename dsound.dll in \The Witcher 3\bin\x64

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Literally just finished the campaign now and the in game clock has me at 21 days and a couple of hours. Did all the witcher contracts, and hidden locations in White Orchard and Velen/Novigrad...was gonna do Skellige too but too many are out at sea and the mountains make the terrain a pain in the hole to traverse.

Have to say for a series I only bothered with because it was free on games with gold and almost quit during the prologue of 2 because it was so difficult, I have really gotten engrossed in the world. I love that the game can be a straight forward mystery or a layered political drama. Also love all the nods to other fantasy works like the snow white reference made a few pages back, and being able to craft
    Longclaw
    also another favourite (dont click unless you've read all the GOT books) was coming across a woman
    believed to be half wolf leading a group of bandits made up of deserters from different armies.

On the ending
    got the Ciri/Witcher one, which I was happy with. Only complaint would be the small part played by Roache and Ves after they were so prominent in 2, but there were plenty of characters to fill in. Also pissed that I missed the kill Radovid mission, had wanted to off him since 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm level 17 and still haven't got around to Skellige yet. There's just so much to do in Novigrad.

Should I follow the quest and come back to Novigrad later?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I went to Skellige just to complete Lambert's (?) quest and then just came back to Novigrad directly after to finish up the quests there. It's a bit of a trek out to the mission location but there's plenty to take in during it, and it mostly by boat so no mountains blocking your path.

Also dunno if you've unlocked the 'Black Pearl' quest yet where a guy in Novigrad asks you to meet him by the bridge on one of the Islands but my OH found it to be glitched since the patch and
    the guy is killed by drowners as soon as you come back onto land.
    I played it before the update and it was fine.

Does anyone know the name of the artist who does the art for the intro/load screens/credits?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Also dunno if you've unlocked the 'Black Pearl' quest yet where a guy in Novigrad asks you to meet him by the bridge on one of the Islands but my OH found it to be glitched since the patch and
    the guy is killed by drowners as soon as you come back onto land.
    I played it before the update and it was fine.

I encoutered that "Black Pearl" bug just a few hours ago. What happens is, when you get near the coast, his health bar appears and then if he even touches a drowner, he dies. Quick loaded a dozen times and he gets one shotted every time. No way to save him normally. It's clearly broken.

But I did it eventually. Swim towards the coast where he is fighting them. As you approach land, hold down your Sign selection button and it goes into bullet time slowmo. You keep moving forwards but his health bar doesnt trigger so you have time to get out of the water, Aard the drowners and save his silly backside.

It's a little cheesy but frankly its allowable because this is clearly a bug and you shouldnt be failing quests due to a bug.

I finished up the game last night... Beautiful.
    I managed to avoid all spoilers for the endings of the game... I chose all my actions and dialogues naturally without second guessing myself. I think that alone says a lot for the game rather than dialog options being clearly "good guy/bad guy" it's all so subtle for the most part.
    If I had any criticism ... I had a lovely set of master crafted wolven gear and swords in my inventory and equipped it as soon as I hit lvl 34 then finished the game 20 mins later.
    Also some of the random swords that could be found looked so much better and ornate than the crafted witcher sets yet they just didn't compare stats wise.
    Overall though, between the depth of detail, the storyline, the voice acting and the design of the world and enemies.... It's a masterpiece of gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I finished up the game last night... Beautiful.
    I managed to avoid all spoilers for the endings of the game... I chose all my actions and dialogues naturally without second guessing myself. I think that alone says a lot for the game rather than dialog options being clearly "good guy/bad guy" it's all so subtle for the most part.
    If I had any criticism ... I had a lovely set of master crafted wolven gear and swords in my inventory and equipped it as soon as I hit lvl 34 then finished the game 20 mins later.
    Also some of the random swords that could be found looked so much better and ornate than the crafted witcher sets yet they just didn't compare stats wise.
    Overall though, between the depth of detail, the storyline, the voice acting and the design of the world and enemies.... It's a masterpiece of gaming.

Probably my biggest gripe with the game, which says a lot.

They are so many swords that look cool and sound even cooler like Winter's Blade and Longclaw (The Dev team must love GOT) but they don't match up to the Griffin, Feline, Ursine and Wolf swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Odd I found better swords then anything I crafted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The crafted swords are definitely better than anything of similar level that you will find, but there are some high level (lvl35+) ones that are better.

Advertisement