Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have a Witcher void in my life :(

Do people rate Divinity - Original Sin? Any other RPG I might have missed in the last couple of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thargor wrote: »

Do people rate Divinity - Original Sin? Any other RPG I might have missed in the last couple of years?

I started Risen and its not bad, clunky as **** being 30 years old* but looks like something I can get into.

*not really 30 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

only video for Cyberpunk and it's from 2 years ago. No idea what the game would look like now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

New Game + or go back to The Witcher II maybe?
    I stopped in Skellige about 3 months ago and need to go back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ERG89 wrote: »
    I stopped in Skellige about 3 months ago and need to go back

Same as that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Found Skellig to be the best of the places as you actually make a difference to the war there, rather than the sitting on sidelines part before. The choices you make there effect the people you meet there didnt find that elsewhere.

Dont read if you havent progressed the skellig story
    went with yer wan

Was the best option for everyone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got a response from CD Projekt Red saying that they checked my save file but can't recreate the issue that is preventing me from continuing.

They say the issue should be fixed with the next patch. Sounds odd that they can say it will be fixed if they can't recreate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I started Risen and its not bad, clunky as **** being 30 years old* but looks like something I can get into.

*not really 30 years old

I actually did the same last year. Think I picked up 1,2&3 & all DLCs for about 25 bucks....
    Lol, just checking on steam and I have 160 hours between the three of them. :P

I enjoyed it, but stopped playing about half way through due to RL issues. By the time I got back I had bought a proper rig [went from playing on an i3/4GB/Radeon5650Mobile to an i74790K/16GB/970GTX] so I went with games that required a lot more welly. On my list of thing to go back to. [Actually just checking and I have about 70hrs on that too]. I heard that they did recently do voices for all the previous text that was a PITA to read. Very like Wasteland2 in that regard.
    Pillars of Eternity was very good IMO. However, once again I stopped because I hit level cap, so once I finish Mad Max, I'll proabbly head back to that.

I really wanna play WitcherIII, but cannot justify the cost at the moment, especially with so many unplayed games bought through the sales. I know I can get it cheaper on GOG, but I jus prefer having everything in one place, and that is Steam for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Try Age of Decadence. It's still in beta, I think (and has been in work since 2004 or something mad like that), but I hear it's focused on relationships and interacting with others instead of combat and exploring. There's a demo available for it.

humanji wrote: »
    It's still in beta
    Pass.

Added to the watchlist though, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I tried out a few, and found Kingdoms of Amalar: Reckoning very good. Bit more cartooney, but still a solid RPG.

I'm very picky with my RPG's, don't like isometric views so I'm limited by them. Risen, while enjoyable, was clunky. Haven't played the 3rd one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thargor wrote:
    Pass.

Added to the watchlist though, thanks.
    It's out next month, so hopefully it'll be reviewed shortly before then.

Think Ill just have to wait for the Dragons Dogma port before I play a proper RPG again tbh.

Mad Max is good fun though, definitely passing the time until Fallout 4 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Had another weird bug last night!
    I was finishing up some witcher gear fetching and discovered The Bastion, i think its called, in Kaer Moran (sp?) as i was going around looking for witcher gear a new quest popped up to find the kids bones and bury them to clear the castle of ghosts. I did this without changing to the quest and i completed the mission with associated xp points rewarded.

I then went back to searching for the witcher gear, which i found. Once i found it and was on my way out of the bastion i get another notification about a new quest called...The Bastion!!! telling me to go find the kids bones AGAIN. Clearly i can't do this as i've already buried them but i went up just to see if i could bury him again but no such luck. I just ignored it and walked out.

This late in the games release i'm surprised at the number of bugs i've had throughout the game - and i didn't have this game on launch it was out about a month when i got it. I've literally 6 quests that have bugged out on me and can't be finished. Still love the game and i must of put approx 70 hours into it if not more so far but these bugs really undermine all the hard work that went into the game.

I dont think I had a single bug for my whole 100 hours and it only crashed once when I had a load of torrents running aswell while playing it. Seem to have missed lot of Kaer Mhoran stuff though, I was only there for the plot bits, didnt occur to me to explore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

KM was particularly buggy for me when getting Witcher Gear - I would frequently collect it and not receive the schematic, go back and it's not there and have to reload an earlier save.

I should of mentioned i'm playing on ps4 so cant comment on pc/xbone. Just to reiterate i absolutely love the game its probably my GOTY so far but the bugs i've come across have been relatively small but have stopped me completing quests or missions and just irk me.

Is there anyway of checking how many hours i've put in on the ps4 version? the file saves don't appear to tell me anything i'm totally guessing i've put 60+ hours but it could be closer to 80+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jones wrote:
    Is there anyway of checking how many hours i've put in on the ps4 version? the file saves don't appear to tell me anything i'm totally guessing i've put 60+ hours but it could be closer to 80+

In the start menu press R2 or something for player stats? Think it says on bottom of start screen what button it is for player stats. Did you check there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I was pretty lucky with bugs too, and only have one uncompleted mission -
    Skelliges Most Wanted
    which seems to be commonly bugged throughout. Saying that, I still received the achievement for completing all Witcher contracts.

I never noticed that @miskyboyy i'll have a look tonight see how much of my life has been spent in the witcher world ha

@corvo thats what i was afraid of that i wont get trophies for the missions i havent finished due to bugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Think Ill just have to wait for the Dragons Dogma port before I play a proper RPG again tbh.

Mad Max is good fun though, definitely passing the time until Fallout 4 anyway.

Or until Sept 29th for Sword Coast Legends :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Shougeki wrote: »
    Or until Sept 29th for Sword Coast Legends :P

looks decent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Anyone know which track from the soundtrack plays during this loading screen?

Corvo wrote: »
    Anyone know which track from the soundtrack plays during this loading screen?

Think it depends on what part of the world you're in. I could be wrong though.

Ps checked my time played last night it was 8 days and so many hours!!! wow

jones wrote: »
    Think it depends on what part of the world you're in. I could be wrong though.

Ps checked my time played last night it was 8 days and so many hours!!! wow

that is in game time not IRL time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I might have a little Gwent addiction going on... any recommendations for standalone games similar to it?

Skerries wrote: »
    that is in game time not IRL time

Dam so i still dont know how much i've put into it....if its in game time that actually seems very low with meditation etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kur4mA wrote: »
    I might have a little Gwent addiction going on... any recommendations for standalone games similar to it?

Hearthstone, it's free and will take over your life, also Magic The Gathering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Gwent is on tabletop simulator if I'm remembering right.

• Advertisement

yeah if you buy Tabletop Simulator someone has made a mod for Gwent

Advertisement