Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I really wish someone would explain the Gwent love, its so boring, there was more excitement from the Dice Poker in Witcher 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Thargor wrote: »
    I really wish someone would explain the Gwent love, its so boring, there was more excitement from the Dice Poker in Witcher 2...

Blasphemy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'll be honest, I feel the same. I like Card games but Gwent never hooked me. I completely ignored it after 3 or 4 games of it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Kirby wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I feel the same. I like Card games but Gwent never hooked me. I completely ignored it after 3 or 4 games of it.

Same here, couldn't see the point. At least the game seems to acknowledge that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i loved it, only problem was i very rarely lost a game. would be fun to play real people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just finished it. over 150 hours of play and one split second decision gave me a less than positive ending!! What a game, loved it. Where to go from here!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Just finished it. over 150 hours of play and one split second decision gave me a less than positive ending!! What a game, loved it. Where to go from here!?

Wait for the expansion?

I'm about 30 hours in now. I lost a save game a while back after my PC went mad so I'm just about back to the place I was before. This game is just so damn good, it's like my dream RPG. Novigrad I could wander about all day long. It's s video game city that actually feels a little bit like a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Wait for the expansion?

I'm about 30 hours in now. I lost a save game a while back after my PC went mad so I'm just about back to the place I was before. This game is just so damn good, it's like my dream RPG. Novigrad I could wander about all day long. It's s video game city that actually feels a little bit longer a city.

THX, u just reminded me to back up my end of game save! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Anyone get their code to order their Gwent cards yet? I sent in the proof of purchase for my season pass Friday and still have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Where the feck can I take a photo of the witcher 3 expansion pass on xbox one that shows that I both own the expansion pass and shows my gamertag in the one pic? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Anyone? Been nearly a week and I've still gotten no code.

EDIT: Never mind, just showed up now. Note you still have to pay for the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GodlessM wrote: »
    Anyone? Been nearly a week and I've still gotten no code.

EDIT: Never mind, just showed up now. Note you still have to pay for the cards.

What system you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

GodlessM wrote: »
    Anyone get their code to order their Gwent cards yet? I sent in the proof of purchase for my season pass Friday and still have heard nothing.

What this about? Ordering Gwent Cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    What this about? Ordering Gwent Cards?

You can get physical Gwent Cards with the DLC I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Where can you actually buy the boxed copy, to get the cards?

I can't find it anywhere to pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Corvo wrote: »
    You can get physical Gwent Cards with the DLC I think?

Oh ya, the boxed copy.

Silly me went with the digital copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Dammit. About to box off Mad Max and was going to pick this up next. Im a bit OCD about having everything in Steam TBH. But steam prices are 38€ or so, and GOG seems to be about 20€. Price disparity is a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Shougeki wrote: »
    Dammit. About to box off Mad Max and was going to pick this up next. Im a bit OCD about having everything in Steam TBH. But steam prices are 38€ or so, and GOG seems to be about 20€. Price disparity is a lot!
    I'd pay double that for Witcher 3. It's genuinely the best game I've probably ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just finished there.

84 hours it took me.

Didn't do the completionist thing, but I probably finished every non Gwent or fist-fighting secondary quest and all but about 10 of the monster contracts.

A good 100 ?s left on the map and most of the bear and cat gear, but I was going for a wizard-witcher so I didn't need them.

The story was a bit funny - it waxed and waned a bit.

The final mission was a bit of an anti-climax.
    Dunno are we still doing spoilers but,
    Eredin was piss easy, although to be fair I was level 35 by that stage, with all master-level gear.

The Ciri switcheroo thing was a bit, meh. She wandered off into the cold and then just appeared in the tavern. It feels like they could've found a way to make it hit harder - a more convincing "death", like an explosion or something. As it happened the story just petered out once you killed Eredin.

Earlier, getting to Skellige kind of knocked the stuffing out of me - maybe I was getting Skyrim boredom flashbacks or something. It grew on me after a bit though - once I got invested in the new characters.

But then when you bring Ciri back to Kaer Morhen - that was immense.
    Vesemir..:(

The Novigrad plotlines were the highlights - particularly murdering the **** out of those Redanian arseholes - Menge, Radovid and so on.

I almost want to replay it straight away but I'm going to do it the right way from the start this time, starting with W1 - I meant to replay 1 and 2 before I got into 3, but I didn't have the patience and dove in. I've plenty else to be getting on with so I might wait till all the DLC is out and then redo everything.

All in all, a mindbendingly complete, stirring, emotionally gripping and exhilarating masterpiece. Not flawless, but it's found brand new ways to be amazing, which is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Someone should have invited Geralt to the National Ploughing Championships as guest of honor! Maybe CD Projeck Red can provide some NPC DLC!

NO%2BFEE%2BSKODA%2BIFA%2B2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Considering picking up the witcher 3.
    Been looking for a game to get stuck into lately, and this seems good to me based on what I've seen so far.

However, would anyone who has played it, and played Fallout 3, and looking forward to Fallout 4, compare the 2?

Should I pick up TW3 or get fallout 3 and play through that in prep for Fallout 4?

I don't think I have time for multiple games, sadly :(

Considering picking up the witcher 3.
    Been looking for a game to get stuck into lately, and this seems good to me based on what I've seen so far.

However, would anyone who has played it, and played Fallout 3, and looking forward to Fallout 4, compare the 2?

Should I pick up TW3 or get fallout 3 and play through that in prep for Fallout 4?

I don't think I have time for multiple games, sadly :(

Fallout 3 is mostly just a reskinned Elder Scrolls game with some quirky sci-if Fallout fun. It's good, certainly I would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid RPG experience, but if you've played Oblivion then you know what to expect mechanically. Instead of swords and spells, you've got guns and bombs.
    You can get it for peanuts too and since it's pretty old it'll run on older hardware.

The Witcher 3 is arguably one of the greatest games produced in the last decade. From now on all RPGs will be measured against it, Fallout 4 included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

im preferring pillars of eternity to the witcher 3. so much that i stopped playing the witcher 3 now till i finished pillars of eternity.
    which is weird coz i liked the first witcher game. i got it when it released, and the witcher 2 is probs one of my favourite rpgs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Jesus the price for witcher is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

5uspect wrote: »
    Fallout 3 is mostly just a reskinned Elder Scrolls game with some quirky sci-if Fallout fun. It's good, certainly I would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid RPG experience, but if you've played Oblivion then you know what to expect mechanically. Instead of swords and spells, you've got guns and bombs.
    You can get it for peanuts too and since it's pretty old it'll run on older hardware.

The Witcher 3 is arguably one of the greatest games produced in the last decade. From now on all RPGs will be measured against it, Fallout 4 included.
    Jesus bit harsh on Fallout III there, its one of the all time great RPGs and FPSs and still gives Witcher III a run for its money in the best game ever stakes even with a generation between them.

Jesus bit harsh on Fallout III there, its one of the all time great RPGs and FPSs and still gives Witcher III a run for its money in the best game ever stakes even with a generation between them.

Never could get into it myself.

Tried to replay it more recently but it's a dog to get working on modern OS'

I think i've found that I don't actually like open RPGs like that where you're roleplaying as yourself in that environment - where you don't really have a character.
    I don't like how you interact with other people - it makes the whole thing feel a bit lifeless and sterile to me.
    There's a missing element there. More sophistication in how NPCs act would help.

But I think what it really needs is a better way to imprint yourself on your character to immerse yourself in the world more fully - maybe having a voice input for conversations would be the trick.

The Witcher is you role-playing as Geralt. That's a big deal in creating a story to latch on to IMO.

I love me some Super Bunny Hop. He's recently done a full playthrough of the series and it's a pretty great summary.

Perhaps a bit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Fallout 3 however there's no denying the Bethesda traits of buggy gameplay and poorly voiced NPCs.
    In many ways it's the Oblivion formula in the Fallout universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Pulled the trigger and bought this this morning. :P

Forgot to leave my PC on so I could remote install it while at work :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Finally started playing this. I usually struggle with rpg's because of all the different options for crafting and so on but I'm loving it so far. Playing on PC and it looks incredible.

Advertisement