Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Email Server

Options
  • 05-02-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

It used to be outlook.com but now it's autogenerated - however, my phone needs a server entry, no way around it. Can someone who set it up give me the server please? Already showed up for a 2 hour lecture that wasn't on because I didn't have email set up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Not sure if you still have this in your emails:
    How to set up your Studentmail Account on your Smart(er) Phone

Brian Sexton [brian.sexton@ul.ie]Actions
    To:
    All Students
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:54 PM
    Extra functionality has been configured to allow you to set up your Studentmail Account on your Smart(er) Phone using only your email address and password.
    The setup has been successfully tested on an iPhone 5, iPad 2 and a Samsung Galaxy S II I9100.
    Unfortunately, it doesn’t work on the Sony Xperia U, HTC Desire S or HTC Wildfire S all running Android OS 2.3.x.

Instructions for the iPhone 5 (iOS 5) – the iPad 2 is similar
    1. Touch Settings.
    2. Touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    3. Touch Add Account…
    4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
    5. In the Email box, type your student account, e.g. 12132455@studentmail.ul.ie.
    6. Leave Domain blank.
    7. In the Username box, type your student account, e.g. 12132455@studentmail.ul.ie.
    8. In the Password box, type your computer account password.
    9. Filling in the Description is optional.
    10. Touch Next.
    11. Wait for Verifying… to complete.
    12. Note that the Server field is now populated – touch Next.
    13. Touch Save.
    14. Open the new mailbox to view messages downloading from the server.

Instructions for the Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 (Android 4.0.4)
    1. Touch Settings, Accounts and Sync, Add Account.
    2. Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
    3. In the Email address box, type your student account, e.g. 12132455@studentmail.ul.ie.
    4. In the Password box, type your computer account password.
    5. Touch Next.
    6. Wait for Checking… to complete.
    7. Touch OK to allow the server to remotely control some security features.
    8. Touch Next.
    9. Give your account a name (Optional).
    10. Touch Done.
    11. Open the new mailbox to view messages downloading from the server.

Brian Sexton
    Head, Technology Solutions Group

Maybe try those steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have that, thanks. However, I'm using an Xperia T on Android 4.0. When I try to add an exchange profile for an email address on, it asks me for a server address. However, that address is now generated automatically (it used to be just outlook.com)

Anyways, being stupid as I am, I forgot that I had an iOS device in an iPad and I set it up with that, and it populated the server itself, and I just took the server details from that! D'uh to me, but it seems to be up an running anyways.

chrislad wrote: »
    I have that, thanks. However, I'm using an Xperia T on Android 4.0. When I try to add an exchange profile for an email address on, it asks me for a server address. However, that address is now generated automatically (it used to be just outlook.com)

Anyways, being stupid as I am, I forgot that I had an iOS device in an iPad and I set it up with that, and it populated the server itself, and I just took the server details from that! D'uh to me, but it seems to be up an running anyways.

Happy days then. :)

Unfortunately I'm using an Xperia U, so it looks like I'm sh*t out of luck. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Happy days then. :)

Unfortunately I'm using an Xperia U, so it looks like I'm sh*t out of luck. :P

Server I am using is amsprd0104.outlook.com

Try putting that in and see if it works. Should do, Android 2.3.4 still supports the Exchange protocol.

Edit: ICS update for the Xperia U should be out though?

chrislad wrote: »
    Edit: ICS update for the Xperia U should be out though?

So it is! :)

I'd heard it was coming last year, but completely forgot about it.

Hopefully it'll work once I've updated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but can anyone give me advice on setting it up for Android 2.2.1 - yeah my phone is old & the above settings mentioned dont apply to my phone.

My email is of the standard form: 1234567@studentmail.ul.ie

I need the following details.

Domain: user name

Exchange server.

Problem solved. Just followed the instructions here:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ie/office365-suite-help/set-up-email-on-an-android-phone-or-tablet-HA102823196.aspx#_Find_your_Exchange

Advertisement