Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 Captain Poll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Would i be mental to captain Glen Johnson? 2 possible clean-sheets, plays nearly as a right-winger, good chance of an assist or goal?

Would i be mental to captain Glen Johnson? 2 possible clean-sheets, plays nearly as a right-winger, good chance of an assist or goal?

...And the men in white coats approach...

Men_In_White_Coats2.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

could work out well. way back when for gw1 i had ivanovic captained in my draft only to reshuffle last second and take him out, and we all know what he did that gw (johnson surely won't do that well, but 2 cs IS a possibility, as well as some possible attacking returns)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, I posted a blog on captains choice if ye want to take a gander!

http://fplstrategist.com/2013/02/08/gw26-captain-choice-the-analysis/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm captaining Glen Johnson :pac:

Used my FT to being in Sterling this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

IvySlayer wrote: »

Sterling hasnt really started much for Liverpool over the last while, bit of a risk, but best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Going with Gerrard, and hoping he scores a couple more than Suarez.

Most importantly though is both to outscore Sturridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

suarez for me if sturridge was defo fit I would have went with him.

You think Sturridge will outscore Suarez if both get 90 minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

roryc wrote: »
    Why not?

He's outscored him in the last gameweek.
    He's outscored him when combining the last two gameweeks together.
    He's outscored him over the period of time Sturridge has been at the club.

• Advertisement

toss of a coin really. Sturridge plays further forward so you would expect him to have more chances to score goals but suarez is clearly a better player and is more likely to pick up assist points to add to his goal threat

toss of a coin really. Sturridge plays further forward so you would expect him to have more chances to score goals but suarez is clearly a better player and is more likely to pick up assist points to add to his goal threat

This is my way of thinking exactly - he's playing further forward and has outscored him so far but I think this is just a good run. As you say, Suarez is clearly the better player. If I had both my captaincy would be on Suarez, no question. He has much more of a chance of going nuts and banging in a hat-trick.

I have a strong feeling Sturridge is going to get 2 points in each game. As I don't have him I'm hoping this is the case! As much as I rate Sturridge (and I was one of the few on here that said he was a great buy for Liverpool before he'd even played a match) I think he has overperformed so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sturridge for me, easy choice ahead of Davies, Michu and Reina

This is my way of thinking exactly - he's playing further forward and has outscored him so far but I think this is just a good run. As you say, Suarez is clearly the better player. If I had both my captaincy would be on Suarez, no question. He has much more of a chance of going nuts and banging in a hat-trick.

I have a strong feeling Sturridge is going to get 2 points in each game. As I don't have him I'm hoping this is the case! As much as I rate Sturridge (and I was one of the few on here that said he was a great buy for Liverpool before he'd even played a match) I think he has overperformed so far.

With sturridge cup tied for europa league if fit he was nailed on for 90 mins in both games. Suarez will defo start both games but wouldnt be surprised if he got taking off early 60 mins in the swansea game if the game was won and Liverpool need him to start the home leg against zenit. I got sturridge in in the first week of jan wildcard hasnt let me down yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sturridge still doubtful. Captaincy could yet be handed to Michu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I went for Gerrard as captain this week. Close call between Michu and Gerrard for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

STURRIDGE 100%

Surprised it's not in the poll

It should be, you can't edit after it's been posted though. I was hoping a mod would add it but never happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have it on Sturridge at moment . Other option is Michu.
    Did Sturridge train today ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

IvySlayer wrote: »

And I'm captaining Enrique. I promised myself one outrageous captain punt this season, and I've been very sensible so far.

May the gods of FF be on our sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'm really split between Sturridge and Suarez. I think I'm going to go with Sturridge, I know it's the riskier choice but I taught he was very good last week against Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I just can't decide whether to captain Gerrard or Suarez, I've flipped between the 2 all week , Gerrard is my captain atm. But Suarez is definitely due a few goals, and with the way WBA have been playing I think I might give it to him. I have a feeling Suarez will cut loose against WBA, and right now my head is in giving him the captaincy... What are others with the same dilemma doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

sturridge has until Monday to be fit lads. relax he will surely be back by then. sturridge (c) michu (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

darego wrote: »
    sturridge has until Monday to be fit lads. relax he will surely be back by then. sturridge (c) michu (vc)

going for the same myself. if Sturridge does > Suarez it will be green arrows all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

My gut says Gerrard, so that's who I'll be going for.

Super Stevie G all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Going with Gerrard, very tempted to go safe with Suarez though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I've spent the last hour confirming Gerrard as captain, then confirming Suarez as Captain, then Gerrard, then Suarez...

But I thought Gerrard was the better option after the Man City game last week so I've gone with him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

between sturridge and michu for me.. it's on michu atm as he is due a few goals and has 2 games this GW to find his form again but might change it to sturridge if it looks like he will be back fit and starting for the first game! didn't get gerrard in as i fancy bale this week and over the next few GWs and i want a nice team put out for the GW after this also

feck it anyway! voted michu and had it on him until 11 this morning and changed to sturridge. should have stuck with my gut :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

feck it anyway! voted michu and had it on him until 11 this morning and changed to sturridge. should have stuck with my gut :pac:

I have Michu alright!!! 36 points and one game to go!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I have Michu, Gerrard and Suarez on the team... went with Gerrard as Captain. Fingers crossed for tonight!

Advertisement