Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verifier 24 battery problem

Options
  • 05-02-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Verifier 24 ( installed by previous owner so more than 8 years old)
    Yesterday the following message
    Battery problem - call service

I replaced the 12V 7ah battery (new) and all was ok

But this morning same message, this leads me to think that the charger is not working

I'm going to remove the new battery and recharge it and re install it, to establish if its the charger.
    Does anyone know if the charger is integrated into the circuit board or separate and easily replaceable
    Could I check charger with a multimeter (how?)
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Remove the battery and check the voltage on the battery leads.
    Is the panel staying powered up when you remove the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Don557

Remove the battery and check the voltage on the battery leads.
    Is the panel staying powered up when you remove the battery?

[IMG]http://[/img]alarmpic1.jpg

checked the leads and getting 13.7v

When battery removed:
    Keypad stays powered
    AC healthy Led stays on. at no stage has the Battery fault Led lit up, only "battery problem" on keypad

re installed battery and all normal again (so far)
    any idea?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you check the voltage of the battery when you disconnected it?
    Are you sure it wasn't just the alert needed to be cleared?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Don557

ya battery 13.7v

after fitting new battery I preformed "unset "twice on keypad to cancell flashing amber Led and to clear message.

all was ok until turning off alarm this morning. "battery peoblem - call service" and beeping noise

fingers crossed all will be ok

It could be a problem with the panel itself. If it happens again power down the panel completely , wait a minute and then power up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Marshallman

Hi to you all,
    I have a verifier 24 and real need some help with setting it up again! Alarm was reset with eng. code. Would anyone have a manual for this alarm system?? I have looked high and low on internet but no luck!! :<
    Any chance of a dig out???
    Thanks and Regards
    Alan

Advertisement