Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paddock stand in the wind?

• 05-02-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Bit worried about the bike parked outside during the heavy wind- when it's bad, I take the cover off, but still, I'd be worried about it tipping over during the night.

If I put the bike up on a rear paddock stand, would this be more stable than using the side stand? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Defo use the side stand dude. The wind would need to be fairly strong to whip the bike up off the side stand.

What bike did ya buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

easier to knock it off a paddock stand imo, which may even fail outright in high winds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

goodlad wrote: »
    Defo use the side stand dude. The wind would need to be fairly strong to whip the bike up off the side stand.

What bike did ya buy?
    Cheers- picked up an orange z750 with a good few extras-similar to this one
    2008_Z750_ABS_HPIM2673.JPG

very happy with it- but not sleeping well since I got it:p - worried about it blowing over or being nicked! Ordered a cyclone v2 alarm (cheap and reliable from what I have read) and am looking into a chain and ground anchor at the minute but cant make up my mind..

Had originally settled on an almax and hardie anchor but the weight of the thing is putting me off. Thinking now I'll go with a cheaper chain with anchor, that coupled with the alarm should give me some reaction time if anyone goes at it outside the gaff, and at least I'll be able to use the chain if parking in town etc, the almax would be too heavy for that.

I think you would be best off getting the almax chain, lock and anchor to use at home anyway. Just have a lighter chain in a bag or box to carry around with you.
    Sure you can leave the almax chain permanently looped through the anchor anyway and just loop it back through the bike wheel when ya get home.

Ya been out much on the bike? Ya should come on a spin one of the Sundays with a few lads here.

I think you would be best off getting the almax chain, lock and anchor to use at home anyway. Just have a lighter chain in a bag or box to carry around with you.
    Sure you can leave the almax chain permanently looped through the anchor anyway and just loop it back through the bike wheel when ya get home.

Ya been out much on the bike? Ya should come on a spin one of the Sundays with a few lads here.
    Have I been out much , haha, you would struggle to get me off the thing! Yeah, that setup you mention makes most sense alright, but its costs a fortune! I know it worth it and all but after paying for the bike, insurance (not cheap!) and other bits I'm pretty broke. I'll prob get an anchor and mobile chain (12mm) and alarm for now and get the almax (19mm) when I feel more flush. Yep, a sunday spin sound good, I'd be up for that sometime. Have you the 19mm almax, how much does that badboy weigh!?

• Advertisement

Cant remember what my one is specifically caus its about 3 years ago i bought it. But it does weigh a ****ing ton! No way i would be carrying it around anywhere with me.

Just keep an eye on the Sunday spin thread. I don't get out much tbh but there is always a few of the lads out. Bit of a trek out for you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Cheers- picked up an orange z750 with a good few extras-similar to this one
    2008_Z750_ABS_HPIM2673.JPG

That's a cracker of a bike dude, well wear!I have a soft spot for those Z's alright. I want a white one :o.

Cheers man- yep I love it- yeah the white is nice too but haven't seen any here. Comes together nicely with the tail tidy, rear hugger and bellypan.

Id like to upgrade the lights to HID, is it something like this I'd need?
    http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/shop/motorbike-hid-light-kit/

On a separate note, anyone know what the driving test people are like when it comes to after market exhausts? Will they turn you away if its too loud!? Mine has after market exhaust, it has a random E mark at the back but it's bloody loud..

yep

• Advertisement

My SV is pretty loud and the chap didnt say anything to me.
    No idea if that's because personally he didnt care and someone else might or if its just nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Cheers man- yep I love it- yeah the white is nice too but haven't seen any here. Comes together nicely with the tail tidy, rear hugger and bellypan.

Id like to upgrade the lights to HID, is it something like this I'd need?
    http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/shop/motorbike-hid-light-kit/

On a separate note, anyone know what the driving test people are like when it comes to after market exhausts? Will they turn you away if its too loud!? Mine has after market exhaust, it has a random E mark at the back but it's bloody loud..

If I were you I wold try to get a slim ballast kit for the HID, as it's easier to find places for it and tidier looking. something like below;
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-2006-Kawasaki-Z750S-H7-35W-Xenon-Bulb-AC-HID-Slim-Ballast-Head-Light-Kit-/200880412030?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec567d57e

You will be fine, I did mine on a dragstar 650 with straight through pipes, just dont rev the ****e out of it during the test. Once he gives you the pass cert do a burn out before leaving the test centre :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Bit worried about the bike parked outside during the heavy wind- when it's bad, I take the cover off, but still, I'd be worried about it tipping over during the night.

If I put the bike up on a rear paddock stand, would this be more stable than using the side stand? Thanks

Bring it in with you and park it in the kitchen or dinning room.

Thats what I used to do when I lived at home in the family house.:D

Advertisement