Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've no money, no ideas, and no clue. Can someone help?

Options
  • 05-02-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭

I want to work for myself again, but I don't know what to do. I'm looking for someone to give me money. I also need someone to give me an idea as I have none myself. And finally I need someone to show me what to do when I do start my new business with somebody else's idea and somebody else's money, cos I'm a bit clueless.

So, to recap. I need money, an idea, and 100% support.

If you can help me out this would make me very happy.

Thanks

Edit: if someone has an idea, I'd be happy to give them a job as well.

well, it seems to be "I don't want to think for myself week" on the forum. So I just thought I'd throw in my contribution ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's your lucky day Tony. I have a great idea and lots of cash with experience to boot but I think you should do it for me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Shouldn't you also be looking for staff? Give the job-sites a miss and post here to get your unemployed carpenters/app-developers who are looking for a bit of extra cash.

If you open a retail premises, you can probably 'add an extra stream' to your revenue without looking too hard.

You also forgot to mention:

You'll probably need an e-commerce solution(although you have no tech experience) to list all the stock you'll be importing from China if only you could work out the duty/shipping charges.

Then you'll probably need help choosing the domain name.

Good luck with your venture :pac:

Forgot to add, I know a place that does cheap printing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

DubTony wrote: »
    I want to work for myself again, but I don't know what to do. I'm looking for someone to give me money. I also need someone to give me an idea as I have none myself. And finally I need someone to show me what to do when I do start my new business with somebody else's idea and somebody else's money, cos I'm a bit clueless.

So, to recap. I need money, an idea, and 100% support.

If you can help me out this would make me very happy.

Thanks

Edit: if someone has an idea, I'd be happy to give them a job as well.

[SIZE="1"]well, it seems to be "I don't want to think for myself week" on the forum. So I just thought I'd throw in my contribution ;)[/SIZE]

Maybe have a go at being a stand up comedian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Have you thought of standing at the next general election?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonesM

It is nice to see experienced members of this group think it is OK and funny mock and jeer people who are asking for help/advice (which is what I thought this site was for)?!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Start your own pyramid scheme!!

Get two buddies to give you 200 each and tell them to do the same and so on but to give you 10% 'commission' from everyone else down the line.

Make them eternal members of the Church Of Gullibility and reward them with promises of great riches and free newsletters from the Right Reverend Dubtony.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

jonesM wrote: »
    It is nice to see experienced members of this group think it is OK and funny mock and jeer people who are asking for help/advice (which is what I thought this site was for)?!?!?!?

It might help if some of the posters read the forum charter before posting. Then they might be able to post based on what the Forum is actually about rather than what they 'thought' it was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

jonesM wrote: »

People have not been asking for help and advice. They've been asking for free business ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

The very premise of entrepreneurship is that you do not look to be spoon-fed or hand-held.

If anyone is absolutely stuck for ideas and/or financing, get in contact with your local Enterprise Board and sign up for a 'Start your own Business' course ... for a start.

There is no formula, and never has been.

The idea is .1% of the battle. Ideas are air until you do something about it.

Start with ideation, verify the idea with research (there are hundreds of strategies for this, MVP (google it) being one.), brainstorm a viable business model (business model canvas) and be willing to re-do it (pivot), then test out on a very small level.

This is only one action plan out of the thousands of combinations tried before.
    Be prepared to fail and handle rejection multiple times and stick with it.

Need motivation? Find a business partner (Sticky thread on this forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

smash wrote: »
    It's your lucky day Tony. I have a great idea and lots of cash with experience to boot but I think you should do it for me!

Excellent. Take it to PMs there, smash

Make them eternal members of the Church Of Gullibility and reward them with promises of great riches and free newsletters from the Right Reverend Dubtony.

OOOOH!!! I am SO gonna change my username. :D
    pebbles21 wrote: »
    Maybe have a go at being a stand up comedian ?

Nah! I'm only funny at the keyboard ... and even that has been contested. :(
    Have you thought of standing at the next general election?

As the Right Reverend DubTony? Well, it worked for Ian Paisley.

• Advertisement
Advertisement