Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DMark (2013) Scores Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Scores look sexy even though I can barely see them. Can you upload a proper picture?

Are you using triple monitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Tiny picture, can't read ****. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Sorry all, forgot to attach the original (see my previous post above).:)

BloodBath wrote: »
    Scores look sexy even though I can barely see them. Can you upload a proper picture?

Are you using triple monitors?

Yes, 3 SA950D's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

AMD cards are really running away with it in 3d mark , impressive Fire strike result :cool:

what i dont understand is why the results dont go as high across the other 2 tests aswell

With CPU @ 4.6:

ICE STORM: 171554

CLOUD GATE: 22002

FIRE STRIKE: 11551
    [IMG][/img]pass3_zpsb1ed457a.png

pass 3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nobody else has done '13 with a single 7870 so I've nothing to compare mine to. Interested to know if I'm being held back much by 775 and the ancient board/"slow" ram.

Edit: Not sure if the search function actually works yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

glynf wrote: »
    With CPU @ 4.6:

ICE STORM: 171554

CLOUD GATE: 22002

FIRE STRIKE: 11551
    [IMG][/img]pass3_zpsb1ed457a.png

pass 3.jpg

I thought your scores would be much higher than that with the dual 7970`s...I did notice thought hat you used your 24/7 gpu clock.. did you try it at your max oc????

The first 2 tests seem to max out at a certain level and only more cpu power increases the scores.

Only the third test seems to benefit from more gpu power.

Crossfire scaling is about 80% so his scores based on Firestrike seem about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

No overclocking, i7, GTX570

Ice Storm 124137
    Cloud Gate 17222
    Fire Strike 3640

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/180831

Ran a test fine.

Do a little OCing, test with kombustor. Very quickly done, not properly done, just messing about. Settled on 1225/1350. Boot up 3Dmark.

BSOD. Fine.

Reboot, try again, error. Few more attempts inc reboot. Error.

Reinstall 3Dmark, nada. Reinstall 13.2, nada.

Games work fine(tested borderlands2).

Suggestions?
    Unexpected error running tests. Workload Single init returned error message: 
    DXGI call IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState failed [-2005270494]: 
    The requested functionality is not supported by the device or the driver. 
    DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Ran a test fine.

Do a little OCing, test with kombustor. Very quickly done, not properly done, just messing about. Settled on 1225/1350. Boot up 3Dmark.

BSOD. Fine.

Reboot, try again, error. Few more attempts inc reboot. Error.

Reinstall 3Dmark, nada. Reinstall 13.2, nada.

Games work fine(tested borderlands2).

Suggestions?
    Unexpected error running tests. Workload Single init returned error message: 
    DXGI call IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState failed [-2005270494]: 
    The requested functionality is not supported by the device or the driver. 
    DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE

Maybe set a more aggressive fan curve, or go with manual fan speed and keep it >80% in case its a temp problem?

@dwighet, my normal clock is about 1100/1500, more than enough for the games I'm currently playing (Stalker Complete 09, FC3 & torchlight 2). Must unlock the MSI Afterburner limits and try max OC.

Wasnt thermal. Still way cool. Just furmark being a flawed stabillity test :p

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/182389 Pretty much the same as my last oc'd attempt, slightly faster.

Gotta go further!

Edit: increased clocks and then a lower score. Da fuq.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

glynf wrote: »
    Maybe set a more aggressive fan curve, or go with manual fan speed and keep it >80% in case its a temp problem?

@dwighet, my normal clock is about 1100/1500, more than enough for the games I'm currently playing (Stalker Complete 09, FC3 & torchlight 2). Must unlock the MSI Afterburner limits and try max OC.

Unlock afterburner....I must research that:cool:

Here you go, bit of light reading:)

3dmark5k.png

Over 5k. Swish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

CPU(3960x) is running at 4.6 GHz
    Asus DriectCUII 7970(x1) GPU Core is running at 1125 MHz and memory is running at 6400 MHz

Results

ICESTORM = 170804

CLOUDGATE = 28568

FIREGATE = 7734

3dmarkresults-1.png

Might be hard to make out details in the image above, but have included direct image below.

Edit: increased clocks and then a lower score. Da fuq.

GPU clocks?

I can bet your memory is overheating and throttling.

Crazy cloudgate score Thor. Goes to show that test is pretty much a cpu test.

Icestorm seems to max around that level no matter what the setup.

Cloudgate seems to mainly be a cpu test.

Firestrike a gpu test.

Wasn't Icestorm meant to be a mobile device test anyway? The graphics are like 3dmark tests from 10 years ago.

GPU clocks?

Could have been powerplay but I've a feeling it was disabling the audio. Next test with it back on was exactly where it should be.

Unlikely a thermal as the big RK fan does a really good cooling job and she barely warms up.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Working on, how to best update results, as I'm currently locked out of table leaderboard.

Keep you posted.

Wolf

If it doesn't have good memory cooling it could be.

Even with good memory cooling the chips get pretty damn hot. Vrm's get very toasty too.

• Advertisement

If it doesn't have good memory cooling it could be.

Even with good memory cooling the chips get pretty damn hot. Vrm's get very toasty too.

I'll retest tomorrow and let you know if I can pin it on the audio.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

GPU clocks?

Crazy cloudgate score Thor. Goes to show that test is pretty much a cpu test.

Icestorm seems to max around that level no matter what the setup.

Cloudgate seems to mainly be a cpu test.

Firestrike a gpu test.

Wasn't Icestorm meant to be a mobile device test anyway? The graphics are like 3dmark tests from 10 years ago.

They are all GPU test however Icestorm is a DX9 test, Cloudgate a DX10 test and Firestrike is the DX11 test, so neither of the first two would be very useful tests for very high end DX11 GPUs as these cards are just too powerful, therefore some signs of CPU bottle-necking isn't really that surprising.

It looks like the only difference between the first two is that the physics tests of Cloudgate are still demanding enough to show up some CPU differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Yeah, Oliver from futuremark told me the Icestorm is mobile orientated only and is usless on highend pc's and shouldnt be used as such.

I retested and got 173056

Just wondering how come there isnt a Fire Strike Extreme test table.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Here's mine. Pretty poor final result for me.

Ice Storm - 128750
    Cloudgate - 13626
    Fire Strike - 3797

Screenshot is attached.

I plan to run more results with my CPU oc'd further, my GPU oc'd further and then my GTS450 as a Physx card.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Mailed a message to Solitaire(Mod) to find out about editing first post again.

Awaiting Information, before updates can continue again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Very strange, CPU & GPU oc'd and stable. The Ice Storm demo is some 5000 points lower, whereas everything else is higher

Very strange, CPU & GPU oc'd and stable. The Ice Storm demo is some 5000 points lower, whereas everything else is higher

How's your temps? Maybe the cpu is throttling?

How's your temps? Maybe the cpu is throttling?

They're fine, CPU seems ok too.

Just added the GTS450 and again the first test has dropped. 2nd and 3rd are much higher though, getting close to Serephucus' score :P

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Downloaded it last night, this is actually the first 3DMark I've used properly since 06!

Went horribly, only scored 2,500 in Firestrike, though I'm not hugely concerned as real world performance is as it should be, but it's still irritating, I know more than anyone you guys understand :D

Specs: 3570K@4.4Ghz, 7770 Crossfire (oc'd), 8GB Ram.

Will look at it again later....

Advertisement