Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled car purchase

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is not a Consumer Issue - the OP knowingly paid a non-refundable deposit. A €1,000 deposit is meant to make people take a deal seriously. All he can do now is seek some leniency from the dealer.

Furthermore, I don't want this thread continuing with a discussion about car seats, BMWs etc, and all types of stuff that belong in the Motors forum

Thread closed
    dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

As the dealer was indirectly identified on this thread, I should update in the interests of fairness.

They have since agreed that I can use the deposit against another purchase, or to refund it completely if I don't find anything suitable, which is very decent of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Bruce7 wrote: »
    As the dealer was indirectly identified on this thread, I should update in the interests of fairness.

They have since agreed that I can use the deposit against another purchase, or to refund it completely if I don't find anything suitable, which is very decent of them.

yep, thats a good result.....

Advertisement