Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW27 Transfers

• 05-02-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Right so, I've been setup for the DGW since GW25 by using the january wildcard. My stategy is to do GW27 transfers the day GW26 starts because no doubt that alot of Liverpool & Swansea players will see price falls and quickly I think.

I'll have 2FT's going into GW27 but who I will bench & who I will get rid of isnt clear yet.

Bunn/Begovic

Clyne/Davies/Clichy/Samba/Dawson

Fellaini/Gerrard/Michu/Mata/Walcott

RVP/Suarez/Pog

Ignoring the international games, my current line of thinking is

Sissoko in; Gerrard or Michu out & Upgrade Pog to Lambert/A.N.Other

Davies, Gerrard/Michu & Suarez to the bench or is that leaving too much team value on the bench, thoughts?

I'd consider a 4 points hit, if it have potentially good returns or sets me up long term (i.e. 4-5 GW's)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'll probably be taking a 4 point hit to get Silva in for Gerrard and someone like Jenas in for Marveaux maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Michu out is going to be a popular transfer i think,sold him once but not sure if i will a second time...

Selling Suarez will be my main move this GW but for who is the issue,likely to be Auguero who has low ownership just now plus at 10.9 he will rise fairly quickly once the masses start shifting Pool players.

Demel poses another problem as he has lost his place and is a useless memeber of my team so taking a hit to move him looks a move i will be forced to make...

Looking at 4-4-2 formation i will have..

Mignolet

Clyne--Zab--Demel transfer(Harte)--Rafael

Mata--Walcott--Fellani--Sissoko

RVP--Auguero???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

At the minute my plan is Michu to Sissoko and Suarez to Aguero. Will see how things go this weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dempsey wrote: »
    Right so, I've been setup for the DGW since GW25 by using the january wildcard. My stategy is to do GW27 transfers the day GW26 starts because no doubt that alot of Liverpool & Swansea players will see price falls and quickly I think.

I'll have 2FT's going into GW27 but who I will bench & who I will get rid of isnt clear yet.

Bunn/Begovic

Clyne/Davies/Clichy/Samba/Dawson

Fellaini/Gerrard/Michu/Mata/Walcott

RVP/Suarez/Pog

Ignoring the international games, my current line of thinking is

Sissoko in; Gerrard or Michu out & Upgrade Pog to Lambert/A.N.Other

Davies, Gerrard/Michu & Suarez to the bench or is that leaving too much team value on the bench, thoughts?

I'd consider a 4 points hit, if it have potentially good returns or sets me up long term (i.e. 4-5 GW's)
    Big risk doing them early as it will be two weeks to the start of GW27 with europa league champs lge fa cup games in between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Big risk doing them early as it will be two weeks to the start of GW27 with europa league champs lge fa cup games in between

Didnt realise it would be 2 weeks until the start of GW27 but I'll be reacting according to prices rises and falls of the players that affect my plans. Sitting on my hands could cost me nearly £1.0m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Gameweek 27 doesn't start for 18 days! I'd say it's a bit premature but thats like saying Hitler was a bit racist.

I'll be either doing Gerrard back to Bale or Suarez to Aguero. A lot depends on how these teams perform in GW26. I'm wary that Liverpool have Wigan in GW28 adn Southmapton in GW30, so I may want to hold on to both Gerrard and Suarez. In which case Michu will be getting the boot.

If donkey Demel doesn't play I'll need to take a 4 point hit to sort him out. Fellaini best not be injured as this will throw a spanner right in the works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Someone get onto Anonymous and ask them to carry out a DoS attack on the website over the course of the 2 weeks in between gameweeks.

Then we can all make our changes on the Friday and not have to worry about prices rises/falls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Can only see a mass exodus of liverpool players straight away if somebody goes nuts this weekend. Bale and Fellaini back in will be popular ones and neither are close to rises. So it shouldn't start a rush to get them in. But then again a lot of people do seem to play this game with no tact at all.

roryc wrote: »
    Gameweek 27 doesn't start for 18 days! I'd say it's a bit premature but thats like saying Hitler was a bit racist.

Says the lad started a January wildcard thread on the sixth of December.

Bale has had just over 9,400 transfers out, 9,800 transfers in. Fellaini had just over 15,000 transfers out, and 16,000 transfers in. So both cancel each other out which is what has stopped the rises/falls.

Gerrard on the other hand has already got 70,000 transfers in, and rising fast. At the very least managers should make £0.1 profit (possibly £0.2) on the Gerrard transfer before selling. Similar with Suarez and Sturridge, so many people are transferring them in that it adds to adds to the move. If Bale or Fellaini go nuts its an easy enough move to get them back next week.

If Gerrard + Suarez go nuts (at home against struggling teams) then the managers that took the risk will have benefited, and if they are clever they will have worked in a plan to get rid of some players regardless of the result. The managers that don't have them then have the dilemma of whether to bring in players that have no GW the following week.

I agree with you that a lot of people play the game with no tact though. 1,500 geniuses transferred Gerrard OUT this week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm looking to implement a plan 14 days before it starts because a) 4 players wont be playing and b) there will be huge transfers in/out from the second GW26 starts. Its no different to people creating a thread planning when to use a wildcard.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm looking to implement a plan 14 days before it starts because a) 4 players wont be playing and b) there will be huge transfers in/out from the second GW26 starts. Its no different to people creating a thread planning when to use a wildcard.

This is true, I started the January one around the start of December. Will be interesting to see how it works anyway. If Gerrard and Suarez have an average game and Fellaini and Bale run riot, a lot of people will end up shipping them out before Liverpool's second game which could turn out to be a big mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Says the lad who said Gerrard didn't think transferring in Gerrard in was a good idea a week before he started picking up consistant points.

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Says the lad who said Gerrard didn't think transferring in Gerrard in was a good idea a week before he started picking up consistant points.

Don't remember ever speaking on behalf of Gerrard mate...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

OwlsZat wrote: »

Easy man, we're not psychics...

However, I do think having this thread open is a good idea. I'm already planning it, as are most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Says the lad started a January wildcard thread on the sixth of December.

QFR (Quoted for Rory)

Haha no surprise there. I'm sure a decent chunk of his posts are in reply to someone who doesn't even see them. Along with thanking everybody that disagrees with me.

What a pathetic waste of time.

KevIRL wrote: »

QFR (Quoted for Rory)

No need to. He saw it himself anyway, why else would he conveniently mention it above?

Ignore means my posts still show for him but he just has to click a button to see them.

He was also meant to have SMB on ignore but seems to have forgotten that one and started replying to him.

He just seems to like the spectacle of acting like he ignores my posts.

That way, when I put him back in his box by pointing to our previous records, he can act like he didn't see my remark.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I did my January wildcard last week so I reckon I'll hold my transfer for this week. Should stick with my gut for the week and the buffer of 2 transfers will be nice.

Currently looking at this as my starting team:
    Bunn (Beg)
    Zab/Davies/Samba (Dawson/Harte)
    Walcott/Mata/Bale/De Guzman (Kebe)
    RVP/Giroud/Sturridge (capt)

Looking at De Guzman -> Sissoko in GW27 and Dawson or Davies -> Cuellar if fit in GW27 or GW28. Taking a chance without Gerrard or Suarez this week.

Looking at De Guzman -> Sissoko in GW27 and Dawson or Davies -> Cuellar if fit in GW27 or GW28. Taking a chance without Gerrard or Suarez this week.

Or Michu. Unnecessary risk imo.

• Advertisement

Or Michu. Unnecessary risk imo.

I never had Michu and considering his recent form I'm not that worried about him (FPL gods will issue double Michu hat-tricks now :eek:). At the price and hassle it would cause to my team to bring him in just isn't worth it and De Guzman may/may not do something productive before what will probably be a long term transfer to Sissoko.

Planning Dawson in for Demel. Would give me 11 starting that week, with Suarez, Michu and Davies on the bench. Depends on injuries and other absences!

Dónal wrote: »
    Planning Dawson in for Demel. Would give me 11 starting that week, with Suarez, Michu and Davies on the bench. Depends on injuries and other absences!

That's a risky enough strategy should a player be rested or someone injured in the meantime.

Is CL not on the week after GW27? If it is, players could well be rested.

I'm saving my transfer this week and using it next week to allow me to get 2 of my four out and have some breathing space to field a full 11.

suarez to either giroud home to villa or cisse home to southampton in week2 of my 3 weeks no RVP expirement.

Michu is a machine, 13 goals in his first 18 games for a newly promoted club in his first season in the PL, it's unheard of. He's having a quiet few weeks with just 1 assist in last 6 games, and must have one eye on the cup final.

That being said, they have QPR at home up first, and they hammered them 5-0 on the opening day of the season with Michu getting 18 points. QPR have strengthed recently and this game means more to them than Swansea, but that won't stop Michu trying to find his form again before the final.

Then next up they have Liverpool, who are major league rivals for Swansea this year. The cup is obviously a priority but Swansea have a realisitc chance at European football this year. It's not like they're sitting in 12th with nothing to play for.

Michu is a machine, 13 goals in his first 18 games for a newly promoted club in his first season in the PL, it's unheard of. He's having a quiet few weeks with just 1 assist in last 6 games, and must have one eye on the cup final.

That being said, they have QPR at home up first, and they hammered them 5-0 on the opening day of the season with Michu getting 18 points. QPR have strengthed recently and this game means more to them than Swansea, but that won't stop Michu trying to find his form again before the final.

Then next up they have Liverpool, who are major league rivals for Swansea this year. The cup is obviously a priority but Swansea have a realisitc chance at European football this year. It's not like they're sitting in 12th with nothing to play for.

They'll get European football anyway when they win the Cup.

The league means feck all to them the minute they lift that trophy.

This season will always be remembered for their cup win.

Michu, for me, isn't as effective up top as he was earlier in the season in the hole. He doesn't get the chance to be involved as much.

Before, he had a striker like Graham pulling defenders out of position. Now, it's his job to do that.

I'm looking at players like Sissoko for after the double. Pardew will want to try and salvage a bit of this season.

Laudrup mentioned in yesterdays paper that he will look at giving michu a rest. I wouldnt be surprised if its for one of these two games. Hes off with the spain squad this week so could be this week.

I'm not debating the merits of having Michu, the stats above prove that. I missed the boat and decided to spend my money elsewhere. Personally I'd prefer to have Mata, Walcott and Bale over Michu. My team is only worth 104.1 so don't have the luxury of a 4th expensive midfielder.

Also I have an unfortunate gentleman's agreement with a friend that we won't have the same players and he hopped on the Michu bandwagon. I had RVP though so wasn't too fussed. He has Aguero though who is the one player I would really want in my team now. Seeing as I'm 150 points ahead I don't think he'd agree to a change of rules now :pac: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Laudrup mentioned in yesterdays paper that he will look at giving michu a rest. I wouldnt be surprised if its for one of these two games. Hes off with the spain squad this week so could be this week.

Michu wasn't called up to the Spain squad for the game against Uruguay. But he's probably due a bit of a rest alright. Not sure if before or after the cup makes more sense. There's 8 days between their dgw games. So I reckon he might play both.

• Advertisement

Michu wasn't called up to the Spain squad for the game against Uruguay. But he's probably due a bit of a rest alright. Not sure if before or after the cup makes more sense. There's 8 days between their dgw games. So I reckon he might play both.
    Cheers there was a lot of talk about it weeks ago so presumed he was. I think they went to watch him against everton. I was considering bringing him in for the dgw till I read laudrups quotes in yesterdays paper.

Yeah saw that from Laudrup. I still don't think they will sit back and relax ahead of the final. Think it would be silly to drop him before the double, a lot of potential to score big.

Yeah saw that from Laudrup. I still don't think they will sit back and relax ahead of the final. Think it would be silly to drop him before the double, a lot of potential to score big.
    dont have him myself but ye if you have him it would be madness to get rid this week.

dont have him myself but ye if you have him it would be madness to get rid this week.

I fully expect a return of less than ten from Michu for the two games.

The Swansea lads are going to be taking it easy to avoid injury ahead of the Cup.

Stoke got through to the FA Cup final two years ago and barely won a game between the semi and final in the league as they were safe.

As for after the league cupfinal, when Spurs won it a few years back they went to pot under Ramos. It's grand for a top four club who are competing but a mid table side guaranteed safety will lose focus.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I fully expect a return of less than ten from Michu for the two games.

The Swansea lads are going to be taking it easy to avoid injury ahead of the Cup.

Stoke got through to the FA Cup final two years ago and barely won a game between the semi and final in the league as they were safe.

As for after the league cupfinal, when Spurs won it a few years back they went to pot under Ramos. It's grand for a top four club who are competing but a mid table side guaranteed safety will lose focus.

If I had him this week Id still keep him. I do agree with you though after that its time to sell for the exact reasons you give plus the fact theres so many better options at the moment. Michu is a cult hero and people are finding it very hard to say goodbye, no other midfielder would survive 10 gws returning 29 pts and stay in so many teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Bumping this thread up so people know it is here.

I can see people forgetting themselves when they come on here to post and when they see the Gameweek 28 Transfers Thread they mite mistakingly think that is the next Gameweek.

• Advertisement

Suarez to Auguero still the plan,trying not to sway from it...

Lads if you wait till the fa cup games next weekend you will know if the Arsenal v everton and fulham v chelsea games are called off in gw 29. So if you got rid of mata fellani or walcott for gerrard this wk it mightnt make sense to swap back depending on the outcome of these fa cup games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

this next gameweek could be my worst ever

chels v manc and i have
    lamps, mata, azpil, zab and hart
    3 subs dont play sturr suar gerrard
    davies doesnt play either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »
    Suarez to Auguero still the plan,trying not to sway from it...

Any second thoughts?
    Only that I have 4 not playing next Gamesweek, would consider getting Aguero out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Was Gouffran badly injured today? Marveaux may get a stay of execution in my team if he is.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Any second thoughts?
    Only that I have 4 not playing next Gamesweek, would consider getting Aguero out.

Happy to keep him City were stuffed today but Saints away is not a gimme these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i'll be doing a transfer that i planned on doing a month ago but kept getting sidetracked by dgw's and as a result have fell further behind in a poor season

Bale in (for gerrard)

he'll probably rise in price tomorrow night so i'll have to do that transfer tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

irish son wrote: »
    Was Gouffran badly injured today? Marveaux may get a stay of execution in my team if he is.

His leg is not broken according to this: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130209/yoan-gouffran-injury-update_2281670_3070534?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Boring sub for me, first chance I've had to get rid of Nelson, Ricky Martin of Norwich takes his chance.

Still can only field 10 with Sturride, Johnson, Michu & Daview not playing. May take a 4 point hit to switch one of those. Then again 0 might be better that -4 unless it's a long-term switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gerard to Bale & Bertrand to Dawson,4 point hit.I still have Demel hanging on in there but am loathe to taking an 8 point hit to get rid of him.

A lot depends on whether Demel plays today. Awaiting the team news...

I have changed my mind and after seeing the consequences of your Bale -> Gerrard move I have opted to take the the very conservative decision of swapping Walcott back in for Gerrard.

I'll just have to come up with an alternative plan for the potential Gameweek 29 s**tstorm.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I have changed my mind and after seeing the consequences of your Bale -> Gerrard move I have opted to take the the very conservative decision of swapping Walcott back in for Gerrard.

I'll just have to come up with an alternative plan for the potential Gameweek 29 s**tstorm.

When are you making the transfer... surely waiting until after Monday's game? gerrard might not be the best player to take out. I'm trying to keep my options open in case he has a good game and Sturridge either doesn't play, or (as I'm hoping) plays and has a stinker or gets injured.

Liverpool have a cracking run of fixtures in March/April.

I'll be waiting until the last minute so that should be well into the week.

And yeah, I've noticed Liverpools favourable run of fixtures but I'm still very unsure of Gerrards long term prospects.

He's on a great FF streak at the moment but I think he has flattered to deceive. Or in your terminology, he has been very very very lucky.

I might bring him in for Fellaini if Everton have no Gameweek 29 fixture but I'd be more tempted by a Enrique/Taarabt pairing versus a Onuoha/Gerrard one.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'll be waiting until the last minute so that should be well into the week.

And yeah, I've noticed Liverpools favourable run of fixtures but I'm still very unsure of Gerrards long term prospects.

He's on a great FF streak at the moment but I think he has flattered to deceive. Or in your terminology, he has been very very very lucky.

I might bring him in for Fellaini if Everton have no Gameweek 29 fixture but I'd be more tempted by a Enrique/Taarabt pairing versus a Onuoha/Gerrard one.

Assume you are taking the p*ss but I'll run with it... yeah he has been very lucky. I don't think he is the player he used to be and has been overperforming, it's just a matter of trying to guess when his run will end.

I'm stuck in a bit of a dilemma. Bale is flying up, I can't see how he won't go up tonight. I have to get him back in, there's no question about it. And Demel has to go. So in order to ensure I have £4.2m for a replacement for Demel, I'll have to trade Bale back for Gerrard, before he even plays a game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement