Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search Suggestions

Options
  • 05-02-2013 2:05pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I really like the new search you brought in with the new site look - but recently I can't help thinking it could easily be a lot better, and I have a few suggestions if I may...

For example, I find that most of them time when I am searching for something, generally I'm looking for more recent results - say within the last year or so, just to make sure the replies will be relevant. However I do find that a lot of the time most of the results are pretty old - in the 2-5 year category. We have the links at the side to restrict the search to Day, Week and Month - it would be great to have one for year ( or 2 and 3 years too maybe) - however I'd also like to suggest that a greater weighting would be put to the slightly more recent.

Anyway, just my 2c -might this be considered for improvements to the search functionality?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Advertisement