Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick one from these

• 05-02-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

For Ps3

Dark Souls
    Mass Effect 3
    XCOM

Need something new.
    Thanks.

Pick one from these 66 votes

Dark Souls
    0% 0 votes
    XCOM
    62% 41 votes
    Mass Effect 3
    37% 25 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

x-com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Dark Souls. I also suggest you add a poll.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

x-com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

X-com or Demon souls. I would go For X-com. Most likely Demon souls will make you throw your Controller in to the Telly sooner, then X-com. Both will though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dark Souls

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

dark souls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

x-com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Poll added.
    Deadline is Friday as i want it for the weekend ;)

Thanks for your input :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

X-Com if you like turn based games it is the best released in recent times but not sure how it plays on PS3.
    Mass Effect is awesome.
    Dark Souls i didn't like, many love it but i just found it annoying and artificially difficult. I don't have the free time to spent so long repeating the same boring section over and over again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dark Souls i didn't like, many love it but i just found it annoying and artificially difficult. I don't have the free time to spent so long repeating the same boring section over and over again.

Ignore this man. It's harsh but fair and probably the best game this generation!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

X-Com if you like turn based games it is the best released in recent times but not sure how it plays on PS3.
    Mass Effect is awesome.

i should of looked up a guide
    ur name suits you :pac:
    if anything i thought the game was pretty easy for about half of it and the other half quite difficult

OP i suggest you look up videos on youtube of all games
    because we can hardly tell you what game you will enjoy
    i dont like xcom or mass effect but thats not to say you wont enjoy one of them more then dark souls if dark souls wins , same vice versa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I picked Dark Souls. I never played it but just started Demons Souls and it is brilliant. Yeah it's hard but not AI cheating hard. It forces you to become a good player and is very rewarding.

Never played XCOM.

Mass Effect 3 is excellent (ending aside) but better if you have played ME 1 and ME 2 first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mass Effect 3, if you've already played the first two. If not, XCOM.

I have not played any of these game or their older siblings.
    Im coming from years of COD, Fifa, and a little Battlefield.

I have to admit Dark Souls did look the most appealing from looking at the box covers.

Dark Souls is winning so far.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I loved the Mass Effect games even the third one, which many people felt burned by it and not entirely without justification. I would recommend playing ME 1 and 2 before hand.

Dark Souls I can see why it appeals to people but it didn't hold my attention. You will die alot but each time you die your suppose to learn a little more about where your going and how to defeat your enemies. Story is hidden in the background you have to go looking for it.

X-Com is good, and is the hardest of the 3 by far, if you play above the quite easy normal difficulty. Less trail and error than Dark Souls, but requires alot of luck too. In Dark Souls dying costs you time, in X-Com loosing a mission can obligate you to restart the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

As said already, dont bother with ME3 unless youve got ME1+2 finished already.

Both the others can be challenging (if you gon Ironman in Xcom), depends what game style you want but if youve not played Demon Souls yet I would get Dark just to experience one game in the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Slattsy wrote: »
    Im coming from years of COD, Fifa, and a little Battlefield.

I have to admit Dark Souls did look the most appealing from looking at the box covers.

Dark Souls is winning so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If you want a game that will last and frustrate you in a good way, go with Dark Souls. It is a very challenging game that does require a lot of thought and is not just hack and slash, it's one of the few games I felt proud about being able to finish.

Xenji wrote: »
    If you want a game that will last and frustrate you in a good way, go with Dark Souls. It is a very challenging game that does require a lot of thought and is not just hack and slash, it's one of the few games I felt proud about being able to finish.

That synopsis could be a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Slattsy wrote: »

I voted for Mass Effect 3 as I like that the best but just saw that as you haven't played the first two then there would be no point yet.

I'd go for Dark Souls from the list or an even better option pick up the ME trilogy ;)

Dark Souls is winning quite easily with almost 60% of the vote.

Mass Effect makes a late challenge for the runners up spot after trailing early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Dark souls.

Mass Effect sucks donkey balls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus christ that rage quit video is the most irritating thing I've seen in... I can't even think of anything more annoying in the last couple of years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jesus christ that rage quit video is the most irritating thing I've seen in... I can't even think of anything more annoying in the last couple of years

Don't look at pew die pie videos then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I got 20 seconds in before i turned off the sound, another 5 seconds of gameplay and i gave up entirely.

XCOM making a late charge today with a few votes.
    Is it too little too late though :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

There all very different games but in terms of quality the poll speaks the truth I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I loved X-Com and would recommend it to everyone. It was up there behind Journey for my GOTY last year but it has to be Dark Souls every day of the week. As has been mentioned before, best game of this gen and a worthy contender for one of the best of all time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I agree with everyone here. Dark Souls is an amazing game. Definitely one of the best from the last number of years.

I loved Xcom too and would highly recommend it if you like Turn Based strategy games. It's very engrossing

Mass Effect 3 was a let down for me. Not much evolution from ME2 and I felt burnt out on it very early on in proceedings. Disappoingting indeed

Advertisement