Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal Infraction on Apple Devices Forum

Options
  • 05-02-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I would like to appeal the following infraction as I feel that I've been dealt with unfairly because the Mod will not lift the infraction despite my direct appeal to him:

Thread: http://www.adverts.ie/2599794

Originally Posted by Ray1964viewpost.gif

Description:
    Condition: New

I bought two of these magnificant cases by mistake. This beautiful genuine top quallity leather case was made in Spain by Piel Frama. I paid 85 + P & P. It comes with a belt clip. This case is still in it's original packaging as I never opened it.
    Short link: http://www.adverts.ie/2599794

First Post from Mod:
    DearRay1964,

You have been infracted for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules thatforum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiariseyourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forumis different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for moredetails.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

vinnycoyne

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ray1964
    Description:
    Condition: New

I bought two of these magnificant cases by mistake. This beautiful genuine top quallity leather case was made in Spain by Piel Frama. I paid 85 + P & P. It comes with a belt clip. This case is still in it's original packaging as I never opened it.
    Short link: http://www.adverts.ie/2599794

My1st reply
    Hi Vinnie,

I have no idea why you decided to give me an infraction. Can you pleaseexplain. I posted another item for sale in the fishing forum and the moderatoractually posted that my add was the perfect example as to how to post an itemup for sale. It was exactly the same format as the one you decided to give mean infraction for!!! I honestly don't know why you have done this. I'mgenuinely upset about this as I'm not in the habit of breaking rules. I'velooked at the FAQ and I still none the wiser. I sent you a message earlier butI'm not sure whether you got it or not. Can you please confirm that you havereceived this message please.

Regards,

Ray.
    Modsreply:
    We don't allow selling on this forum -that's what adverts.ie is for.

My2nd reply:
    Sorry Vinnie but your answer is incomplete contradiction to what I've been informed by two other Moderators onBoards.ie. In my last message I detailed how another Mod actually congratulatedme on the way that I'd had advertised on the "Fishing" forum. AnotherMod said it was OK to adsvertise as long as I use the Adverts'ie link in myadvert. Please explain this to me? I want you to remove my infraction as I feelthat I have received this unfairly. Can you do this for me please.
    My3rd reply:
    Here is the link to my other advert that I mentionedto you this morning; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056870580&goto=newpost&zxf=1359732076)

Can you blame me for been confussed and a little annoyed? This moderator isstated the exact opposite to you. I want this sorted please. I would like anexplaination. Thank you, Ray.
    Modsreply:
    Originally Posted by vinnycoyne
    Ray, the infraction stands. We do notallow any selling in Apple Devices, regardless of what other moderatorsdo in other forums. If you want to dispute it, there is a link in the originalPM that was sent.
    Mylast reply:
    So are you telling me that every Moderatoron Boards.ie have their own rules depending on what forum you are on? How am Isupposed to know the rules of every single forum. I made an honest mistakebecause I was told by another Mod that I was doing the right thing !! Why areyou then so adamant about not removing my infraction? Do you not think that youare been unfair to me under the circumstances? This was the first time that Ihad posted on your forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Ray1964, the infraction is fair. Let me explain ...

The charter of the Apple Devices forum doesn't allow selling.

The charter of the Angling forum allows "some leeway".

There are some sitewide rules, and others that are specific to certain forums.

It's a good idea to read the charter of any forum, before you start posting there.

The infraction is a warning / reminder which expires over time.
    It's not a ban, and it's only visible to mods/cmods and admins.

I've looked at your other posts, it's very clear to me that you are not a troublemaker, and I don't expect you to rack up so many infractions that you get the label of a troublemaker.

My advice is take it on the chin, and remember to read the forum charters in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Resolved due to lack of reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement