Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monasterevin exchange seriously in need of upgrade..

Options
  • 05-02-2013 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi.As above just wondering is there any plans to upgrade the exchange in monasterevin town?Your NGB map is gone off the radar and no indication on the website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

giggsy07 wrote: »
    Hi.As above just wondering is there any plans to upgrade the exchange in monasterevin town?Your NGB map is gone off the radar and no indication on the website.
    Hi giggsy07

The Monasterevin exchange is on the scheduled plan for NGB for 2013 but at this moment in time we do not have a date or any approximate indication.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Thanks Al..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi Alan this is news to me, ive asked in here many times the last being only a few weeks back and i was told there are no plans.
    Will this NGB have contention of 1/1?

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi Alan this is news to me, ive asked in here many times the last being only a few weeks back and i was told there are no plans.
    Will this NGB have contention of 1/1?

Hi Dcully

Yes , Operations have just recentlyconfirmed that there are plans to upgrade the Monasterevin exchange in 2013 but at this moment in time there is no date scheduled for doing this. NGB will offer uncongested download speeds and is not advertised or sold ashaving contention of 1/1.

Regards

Al

Hi Dcully

Yes , Operations have just recentlyconfirmed that there are plans to upgrade the Monasterevin exchange in 2013 but at this moment in time there is no date scheduled for doing this. NGB will offer uncongested download speeds and is not advertised or sold ashaving contention of 1/1.

Regards

Al
    Thanks Alan , ive read elsewhere those on 8mb NGB will get an upgrade to up to 24mb this year , will Monasterevin fall into this bracket?
    I joined joined sky bb 2 weeks ago, then suddenly after years of asking about plans and nothing planned eircom list Monasterevin for NGB , typical :(

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks Alan , ive read elsewhere those on 8mb NGB will get an upgrade to up to 24mb this year , will Monasterevin fall into this bracket?
    I joined joined sky bb 2 weeks ago, then suddenly after years of asking about plans and nothing planned eircom list Monasterevin for NGB , typical

Hi Dcully

I have looked into this this morning and Icannot find any information on customers on 8mb NGB getting upgraded to 24mb. Operations have also confirmed this is not the case as there must be crossed wires because some exchange will be upgrade to 24mb but this does not mean 8mb NGB customers get an automatic upgrade but rather customers will be given an option to upgrade if 24mb is available to them. In relation to the Monasterevinexchange there are no plans available in relation to 24mb but We will have a better idea when it is upgraded to NGB.

Regards

Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hi Dcully

I have looked into this this morning and Icannot find any information on customers on 8mb NGB getting upgraded to 24mb. Operations have also confirmed this is not the case as there must be crossed wires because some exchange will be upgrade to 24mb but this does not mean 8mb NGB customers get an automatic upgrade but rather customers will be given an option to upgrade if 24mb is available to them. In relation to the Monasterevinexchange there are no plans available in relation to 24mb but We will have a better idea when it is upgraded to NGB.

Regards

Al
    A better way to explain this is:

1. NGB does not mean ADSL2+ up to 24Mbits services are provided on the exchange. Many NGB branded exchanges are up to 8mbits only, generally only the smaller ones.
    2. 24 Mbits availability does not mean the exchange is NGB enabled either. There are non NGB up to 24mbits exchanges out there too.

I have requested a list of the LATTER and not received one...although I was promised one.

As always thanks Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Any update on this??

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Any update on this??

Hi PADRAIC.M

Do you mean is there any update on news of an upgrade to Monasterevin?

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Hi PADRAIC.M

Al

Sorry, yes that's what I meant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Hi PADRAIC.M

Al

Sorry, yes that's what I meant!

Hi PADRAIC.M

I checked the updated roll-ot info. Sorry there is still no news I'm afraid.

Mark

Advertisement