Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceramic metal halide bulbs in Ireland

Options
  • 05-02-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Folks, I hope I'm in the right place.

I'm looking for help in sourcing a Ceramic Metal halide bulb - 250 watt- Tubular- E40 fitting.

I can get them on ebay but the shipping is crazy. I'd be grateful if anyone knows of anywhere in Ireland that supplies these bulbs.

Thanks for your time, regards John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

most electrical wholesalers will stock these.
    approx cost inc vat for a decent brand like radium or venture is 40.00 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Roscommon John

Hi indie, thank's for the reply.

I have been ringing around and most Irish wholesalers hadn't a clue what they were, I had to get them product codes ect. And when they got back to me I was informed they only sell them in boxes of 12. The latest wholesaler wanted €660 for a box of twelve. I have sourced them in England through ebay for € 21.96 per bulb, the postage is € 11.55 a bit steep.

I'd prefer to shop Irish if I could, but it's looking unlikely.

Again, thank you for your time, regards John.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hunglikeaflee

I can understand why a wholesaler would want the product code as (Ceramic Metal halide bulb - 250 watt- Tubular- E40 fitting) is not enough information.

Can you post more information here, like brand and or better still the product code as you have it. Then people could check for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Roscommon John

Hi Hung, I should have posted this at the start...

CMH250/TT/UVC/U/830/E40 250 3000K Tubular
    product code :10589

This is for the G.E ( General Electric) version for the bulb.

The bulbs are called Constant colour ceramic metal halide. They are made by Phillips, G.E, venture, osram ect.

This is the ebay link :http://www.ebay.com/itm/250W-GE-CONSTANT-COLOUR-CMH-LIGHT-BULB-CONSTANTCOLOR-CERAMIC-METAL-HALIDE-10589-/251218397383?pt=UK_Light_Bulbs&hash=item3a7dc888c7

Advertisement