Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Iphone for €50 deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pkent23

Where are these people that tried to buy this phone in good faith? Are you fighting the corner for a group of people that simply doesn't exist?

Well anyone who bought the phone bought it in good faith as far as I'm concerned and I agree with your point earlier... people are entitled to a refund if a mistake was made.

Keep in mind though, Vodafone have still not even owned up to a mistake being made so anyone who purchased the phone online is unclear as to whether they get a phone ( I think we all know that's unlikely) or get their money back... or if they need to contact their bank and challenge the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

pkent23 wrote: »
    Well anyone who bought the phone bought it in good faith as far as I'm concerned and I agree with your point earlier... people are entitled to a refund if a mistake was made.

Keep in mind though, Vodafone have still not even owned up to a mistake being made so anyone who purchased the phone online is unclear as to whether they get a phone ( I think we all know that's unlikely) or get their money back... or if they need to contact their bank and challenge the charge.

This is the cancellation email I got :
    Dear Customer,

Though advertised at the correct price of €599, a product code error resulted in an incorrect price of €50 being applied to your order of the iPhone 4s 16gb Black on the Vodafone online store's shopping basket. Your order has been on hold since the error was identified over the weekend.

This order has now been rejected and you will not be charged and will be reimbursed for any deductions that may have been made from your debit / credit cards today. Please be aware that it can take up to 3 working days for the refund to arrive back to your account.

Kind regards,

The Vodafone Online Shop

I think that to the reasonable person (and reasonable expectation is the stardard applied in a court):

"error" = mistake
    "order has been rejected"= you're not getting an iphone.
    "you will be reimbursed any deductions"= you're getting your money back.

There is nothing unclear there. All your concerns are answered.

We were not legally or morally entitled to anything. Time to pack up and move onto the next "injustice".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Did I notice different products priced differently? Quite possibly. I'll be honest Kenny, I've been in shops before where different products are priced differently... In fact I find that happens a lot. You could be on to something here, The other day I saw 2 Peugeot 407's on the Buy and Sell with different prices, should I ring the guy with the cheaper one and let him know of the typo?!!

You knew well the phone was incorrectly priced

krudler wrote: »
    You knew well the phone was incorrectly priced

I'll help youi out with the cliff notes version... I have been charged money for a phone I did not/may not get and have not had a response on whether a refund is to be issued

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well anyone who bought the phone bought it in good faith as far as I'm concerned

Rarely has the phrase "pull the other one" been more appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'll help youi out with the cliff notes version... I have been charged money for a phone I did not/may not get and have not had a response on whether a refund is to be issued

Check your spam folder and make sure you're checking the email account you provided them with.

This is the cancellation email I got :

I think that to the reasonable person (and reasonable expectation is the stardard applied in a court):

"error" = mistake
    "order has been rejected"= you're not getting an iphone.
    "you will be reimbursed any deductions"= you're getting your money back.

There is nothing unclear there. All your concerns are answered.

We were not legally or morally entitled to anything. Time to pack up and move onto the next "injustice".

Super note but it really only confirms that you are getting your money back... As i haven't got the same note I might just hold off on the assumptions...

I would argue that the law is what would be applied in the court should one wish to pursue such a course of action. Most likely the Consumer Protection Act 2007 or the Price and Costs Order 1973.

Hope you, I and all affected get our money back promptly. Given that it takes 3 working days for the banks to process, I assume you got yours back already?

Check your spam folder and make sure you're checking the email account you provided them with.

Great shout... nope. Still not there...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did I notice different products priced differently? Quite possibly. I'll be honest Kenny, I've been in shops before where different products are priced differently... In fact I find that happens a lot. You could be on to something here, The other day I saw 2 Peugeot 407's on the Buy and Sell with different prices, should I ring the guy with the cheaper one and let him know of the typo?!!
    If one is e150 and all the rest are 15000 , yes, you probably should ask some questions.

Considering you are a boards user and found your way here without issue to complain, are we to believe that at no point while you saw e50 iphones did you consider coming to boards to tell others or have a look at bargain alerts btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If you only knew how foolish you sounded. 99% of people buying it knew it was a mis-price and chanced their arms.

I got my money back Wednesday btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭costin

Hmm. I've order one for myself, paid with the CC, got the confirmation email, got the cancellation email and received a refund...
    Wife order one, paid with debit card, no confirmation email and no money back yet... However she had another order with VDF a while back and we can see the transaction id on VDF site. At this stage I don't think they will refund the money without contacting them...
    Probably all people charged but without order confirmation email won't get the money back without contacting them...

Considering you are a boards user and found your way here without issue to complain, are we to believe that at no point while you saw e50 iphones did you consider coming to boards to tell others or have a look at bargain alerts btw?

Not sure i get your point here? I signed up here this week... after the vodafone thing... on the basis that there was a forum on the topic. So, if you are asking that when I bought the phone whether I considered joining this site to tell people, I can safely say no..

When you say I found my way to boards... it's not that difficult to find is it?

If you only knew how foolish you sounded. 99% of people buying it knew it was a mis-price and chanced their arms.

I got my money back Wednesday btw.

At no point did I say that I did or did not know it was mispriced... I think you missed the point of what I was saying. It is good to hear that you got your money back though. Puts you in a bracket I wish I was in

costin wrote: »
    Hmm. I've order one for myself, paid with the CC, got the confirmation email, got the cancellation email and received a refund...
    Wife order one, paid with debit card, no confirmation email and no money back yet... However she had another order with VDF a while back and we can see the transaction id on VDF site. At this stage I don't think they will refund the money without contacting them...
    Probably all people charged but without order confirmation email won't get the money back without contacting them...

Good advice for anyone that hasn't had contact from Vodafone. Call your bank. AIB Card Services have advised that 15 days must elapse without a refund and you need to show evidence that you tried to resolve the issue.

Cheers Costin

At no point did I say that I did or did not know it was mispriced... I think you missed the point of what I was saying. It is good to hear that you got your money back though. Puts you in a bracket I wish I was in

You said you ordered it in good faith. If you knew it was a misprice then that's not good faith.

You said you ordered it in good faith. If you knew it was a misprice then that's not good faith.

True... but when did I say I knew it was a misprice!! Keep trying though! Thanks for quoting where I clearly point that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

In fairness, how would you know.

Its just a wild accusation without any proof.

Unless you have a remote mind reading device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I can't believe people on this site sometimes. Honestly. The most blatantly obvious misprice in recent times, and all this whinging, drama, and pitiful pretensions. You didn't know it was a misprice? Get real and stop making an ass of yourself.

I can't believe people on this site sometimes. Honestly. The most blatantly obvious misprice in recent times, and all this whinging, drama, and pitiful pretensions. You didn't know it was a misprice? Get real and stop making an ass of yourself.

Scroll up... the point is not whether i knew or not that it was a misprice... Day 7 and still no goods, no refund, no acknowledgement.

In as much as I have a right to voice my opinion on here, you have a right to voice yours. That's the beauty of open forums. If you don't like that, your a big boy/girl, you can check out and head off!

Scroll up... the point is not whether i knew or not that it was a misprice... Day 7 and still no goods, no refund, no acknowledgement.

In as much as I have a right to voice my opinion on here, you have a right to voice yours. That's the beauty of open forums. If you don't like that, your a big boy/girl, you can check out and head off!

Did you ring them yet? Because a huge amount of people ordered them (and some ordering multiple) "in good faith" theres a lot of orders to reverse. It's likely a few will get delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who the heck thinks you can buy an iPhone for €50 :confused:

Did you ring them yet? Because a huge amount of people ordered them (and some ordering multiple) "in good faith" theres a lot of orders to reverse. It's likely a few will get delayed.

Could make a 'don't have a phone joke' there! Logged a call with their care team, no response (4 days) but that's all that needs to be done to satisfy the bank who after 15 days without provision of goods or service will challenge the charge.

Could make a 'don't have a phone joke' there! Logged a call with their care team, no response (4 days) but that's all that needs to be done to satisfy the bank who after 15 days without provision of goods or service will challenge the charge.

There you fo you'll get your money bank.

I'd say that'll learn ya about ordering things that are too good to be true "in good faith"!

amdublin wrote: »
    There you fo you'll get your money bank.

I'd say that'll learn ya about ordering things that are too good to be true "in good faith"!

... assuming the challenge is successful yes I will. Well put!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Anyone got a refund on this yet? The money is out of my account on both the credit card/visa debit. They say it can be up to three days for a refund but it's been five days now. I understand that they would have a backlog of refunds to send out but I'm not sure at what point I should start pushing them about it.

Not getting a refund quickly is a completely different matter in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Not getting a refund quickly is a completely different matter in fairness.

The other thread was closed so I figured there'd be a few here in the same position so thought i would ask. Apologies if this caused offence to you.

The other thread was closed so I figured there'd be a few here in the same position so thought i would ask. Apologies if this caused offence to you.

Why would it cause offence? I agree, not getting a refund in a week is not on.

Anyone got a refund on this yet? The money is out of my account on both the credit card/visa debit. They say it can be up to three days for a refund but it's been five days now. I understand that they would have a backlog of refunds to send out but I'm not sure at what point I should start pushing them about it.

Was one guy on the thread who got a refund but his wife didn't.

• Advertisement

... assuming the challenge is successful yes I will. Well put!!

What challenge?

That you get your money back :confused:

Advertisement