Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help and advice to cancel 3 mobile contract

Options
  • 05-02-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Ok so I signed up to a 2 two year contact with 3 last June. I move home then in August and I have next to no coverage.
    It is a €42 a month contract with unlimited browsing.
    I've called three many times and tried to get it sorted to no availe. The last time I called about the coverage they told me I had no coverage and there was nothing they could do.
    I'v since bought 3 wifi at €20 a month but only need to give 39days notice for that contract.

Now today I tried to to have them either reduce my mobile contract or just canceled it.
    They told me to cancel the contract there is a €600 charge as the contract was for my first address and so it didn't mater if I don't get a signal at this address.

Sorry I should also say that the 3 wifi works fine but my mobile simply doesn't work. There is no way for me to use the net on my mobile I have To use the wifi

What will happen if I cancel the direct debit and cancel the account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Have you tired here? http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1367

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deano77777

I don't want to talk to 3 about it. I want to know if anyone else left there contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I've never personally cancelled one, but I have heard of people who have cancelled contracts, they had to pester the operator for long time before they cancelled it, they wont make it easy. They most likely subsidized your handset so they'll at least want to cover that loss.

That's bull about the address on the contract, their website says the whole country is covered. Tell them if you only wanted your address to be covered you could have got a landline.

http://www.three.ie/products_services/coverage/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

BTW, Your bank may not allow you to cancel the direct debit without a letter from 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Go on to the talk to three forum and talkto them. Thats the only way you're going to get out of the contract. You wont be able to cancel the contract untilyou've reported the issue and they say they cant solve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deano77777

They already said they Cannt solve it they said " your area has bad coverage there is nothing we can do ".
    Then when I said I'm jus going to have leave the contract because you Cannt give me coverage they said I Cannt with paying €600

• Registered Users Posts: 14 teacher711

Hi,

Just wondering if you had any luck cancelling your contract. My aunt is in a similar situation and I'm trying to see if there is any way she can get out of her contract.

Advertisement