Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving text messages from old phone

Options
  • 05-02-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I'm getting two smartphones shortly, an android & iphone. I want to save some text messages which are on my current phone, an old Siemens C45.

I'm also going to change networks.

My existing number will be ported to the iphone but I won't be able to use my current SIM card in that so how can I save the text messages?

Is it possible to transfer these text messages to the other smartphone (Android) even though it will have a different number and network?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

This may be suitable http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kit-Mobile-USBSIMRDB-USB-Reader/dp/B000MQ3SXS Would the USB SIM card reader recognise & store the text messages and would it be compatible with a Mac ( may be getting one soon)

Have just put the SIM card in another phone and there are no text messages showing. Tried other SIM card in own phone & no text messages showing either.

Does this mean the messages would only be viewable on existing phone & SIM card?

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

To be honest, you generally can't. Sim cards only store about 20 messages, and it's rare to see a phone that will allow you to copy from phone to sim or vice versa. Most smartphones will be able to back up newer messages or export them to csv files or what not, but I doubt you'll have much luck with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's simply not going to happen imo.

That'll be one hell of an upgrade though :eek:

Advertisement