Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy test

Options
  • 05-02-2013 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi girls

Just wondering when youwould do a pregnancy test. I am 2 days late and i want to wait until the weekend.

I had a MC in November at 8 weeks .... So as you can imagine a bit apprehensive here.... I have had 2 periods since... The first 4 weeks after MC and my last 4 weeks ago....

Should i hold out,

Thanks ladies xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi girls

Just wondering when youwould do a pregnancy test. I am 2 days late and i want to wait until the weekend.

I had a MC in November at 8 weeks .... So as you can imagine a bit apprehensive here.... I have had 2 periods since... The first 4 weeks after MC and my last 4 weeks ago....

Should i hold out,

Thanks ladies xx

Hi julias_jewel,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Are you periods regular? After a MC they can often be irregular for the first 3-6 months. Personally I would hold out till the weekend if you can, unless you know you are regular and definitely late. As we often say on here sometimes it is easier (emotionally) to get your period then a negative test result.

When you are doing the test use your first morning urine if you can as this is the most concentrated

Best of luck pet xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

stickybean wrote: »

Hi julias_jewel,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Are you periods regular? After a MC they can often be irregular for the first 3-6 months. Personally I would hold out till the weekend if you can, unless you know you are regular and definitely late. As we often say on here sometimes it is easier (emotionally) to get your period then a negative test result.

When you are doing the test use your first morning urine if you can as this is the most concentrated

Best of luck pet xxx

Hi stickybean,

Thanks for your reply.... Periods have always been regular before I was on the pill... We did start trying last month, i dont know if I am ready for disappointment yet...

The last time I was pregnant my muscles were very relaxed and as I have a bad hip I was getting twinges and its happening the last few days... Tbh thats the reason that made me do a test the last time!!

Again, not wanting to get my hopes up, but very hard

:) xx

Ah then go for it xxx fingers crossed for you pet xxx

Hi julias_jewel,

Well? How did you get on? You were on my mind all morning x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Julias-Jewel!! I wonder every so often how you're getting on. I have everything crossed for you.

I got a positive test 4 days after my missed period, did a test the day before and nothing so it was only after the 4 days my hormone levels were high enough, so 2 days is early enough. Might be worthwhile to wait if getting negatives will upset you. Depends how patient you are, I guess!

• Advertisement

Wait - is that you Julias_Jewel? Yay, that's fantastic news. I'm so so thrilled for you :D

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Wait - is that you Julias_Jewel? Yay, that's fantastic news. I'm so so thrilled for you :D

Hi guys

That was me..... Everyone will know my news now, can I delete it??? Haha

But anyway as i said i got my bfp am so delighted xx

Thanks Murdy xxx hope your feeling much better you had an awful time xxx time is gone so fast xx

Just booked docs and maybe ring up EPU next week and book in xxx

Hi guys

That was me..... Everyone will know my news now, can I delete it??? Haha

But anyway as i said i got my bfp am so delighted xx

Thanks Murdy xxx hope your feeling much better you had an awful time xxx time is gone so fast xx

Just booked docs and maybe ring up EPU next week and book in xxx

You have baby brain already! I'm so thrilled for you. This has put a huge smile on my face this afternoon, cheered me right up :):):)

Congrats pet, great news x

stickybean wrote: »
    Congrats pet, great news x

Thanks hun xx

I wish you all the best xx

• Advertisement
Advertisement