Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Is he actually? It was assault in fairness.

Deserving of a prison sentence? Do me a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

For anyone claiming its not that big a deal, is that simply because of the quality of player involved??
    Were people as defensive of Diouf and his misdemeanors/spitting???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Not sure if we're allowed talk about other aspects of the game but anyways.

Downing and Hendo cannot be part of the front 4 next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Darvich wrote: »

Prison sentence is a wee bit over the top but maybe a punishment outside of the game is what he needs. Or even deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Luis just posted this on Twitter:

bhMMfbE.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone think Rafa had a cheeky smile inside when Suarez scored.

no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Suarez just tweeted that he's spoken to Ivanovic by phone to apologize directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Second offence might be possible. I really hope a concerned citizen also brings it to the attention of the police as in the case of Haz and JT will have to be investigated then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ha!

Mike Tyson has started following Suarez on Twitter today.

true story.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone think Rafa had a cheeky smile inside when Suarez scored.

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

bhMMfbE.png

What a nice person! Very big of him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Going back to the football, that was a hugely encouraging performance by Sturridge today. Top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I hope Ivan sues him for assault and actual bodily harm spell in pokey is what he deserves

83237279.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Joey Barton is defending Suarez on twitter
    this will probably double his ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Prison sentence is a wee bit over the top but maybe a punishment outside of the game is what he needs. Or even deserves.
    Yeah, wouldn't disagree with that. He certainly can't be allowed think that he can do what he likes just because he's prepared to serve a ban whenever he wants to do something mental.
    Second offence might be possible. I really hope a concerned citizen also brings it to the attention of the police as in the case of Haz and JT will have to be investigated then.
    Well good old Ivan has accepted his apology, so I doubt charges are forthcoming.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Going back to the football, that was a hugely encouraging performance by Sturridge today. Top class.

He did well delighted he was not on from the start, took his goal real well unlucky hitting the post. Was very lucky not to be sent off though was very naughty against Bert.

So glad we kept Nando and sold him.

Well good old Ivan has accepted his apology, so I doubt charges are forthcoming.

It's a cunning plan until he is safely back in London. won't matter if a Chelsea supporter at the game reports it the issue will have to be investigated by Liverpool's finest - who I hope are Everton fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hope Ivan sues him for assault and actual bodily harm spell in pokey is what he deserves
    bodily harm spell
    bodily harm spell
    bodily harm spell

Anyone else's brain get caught in a loop, there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

bhMMfbE.png

Come on!!!!

He's learned his lesson..

Let's buy him a present!

Morzadec wrote: »

Problem is he is very hot and cold.

Some days he doesn't seem in the mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He talks highly of other players off the pitch
    He truly believes what happens on pitch stays on pitch
    But not how it works
    He's so friendly to everyone in words
    Never once have I heard him put another player down
    It's no surprise to see him call Ivanovic. He's a genuine guy Suarez.
    His desire his passion are his weapons
    I could never want to disarm him

There should be a designated thread for all the Suarez bite sh1t talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

djPSB wrote: »
    There should be a designated thread for all the Suarez bite sh1t talk.

Like a smaller thread. A mini thread, if you will.

No. A...

bite-sized thread.

tumblr_m0uvo7tK0j1rpdnb5o1_250.gif

But not how it works

To be honest , I know 2 lads tat are very similar to Suarez. One lad from my team and another from a rival team who i went to school with.both would do anything on the pitch to win, call names, hit dirty off the ball, false belts, sly punches, stamp , I mean anything.
    And off the pitch they are pure gents, it's very strange but they are out there!!

Wonder if soccer will take a leaf out of rugby union book ban for second offence of biting 24 weeks entry level

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

But not how it works

Is that a poem ? It goes a bit scewey towards the end

To be honest , I know 2 lads tat are very similar to Suarez. One lad from my team and another from a rival team who i went to school with.both would do anything on the pitch to win, call names, hit dirty off the ball, false belts, sly punches, stamp , I mean anything.
    And off the pitch they are pure gents, it's very strange but they are out there!!

Nothing wrong with bending the rules if you can get away it. There's a fine line though. Biting crosses that line.

Saying that though, imagine if there was no cameras and trial by TV the stuff that would go on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

three draws in a row...season petering out a little bit again

ratings

reina 6
    johnson 6
    carra 7
    agger 6
    enrique 6
    lucas 7
    gerrard 6
    downing 5
    henderson 5
    coutinho 5
    suarez 7

mom for liverpool ,sturridge 8

shelvey yet again bottled a big opportunity

looking to next season

starters worthy of a CL team

reina, johnson, agger, lucas, gerrard, coutinho, sturridge, suarez

ideally you would want at least 12 top quality players, we are missing four

we have plenty of players with potential, squad players, decent back-up etc but we need at least four top quality players

realistically and including players we have been linked with, we could get

defenders de vrij, alderweireld, williams, dede (not sure if he is still an option), ambrose, bruno martins, isimat mirin

midfield iturra, wanyama, eriksen, diame, ben arfa

forwards gameiro, remy, markovic

..not a fantastic selection but that's where we are, best we could do if we were to snatch four, imo would be de vrij, alderweireld, eriksen, markovic and none of these are guaranteed hits

on top of that a few of our CL starters are not showing great form at the moment in reina and johnson

we also need to find a top class LB and a good DM who is willing to accept he may not start every game (iturra?)

a lot of work to be done and again IMO too much work for the budget we will likely get

4 CL quality players = 60 million
    2 decent cover players = 15 million

budget = 25 million

he will get rid of skrtel, coates, carroll, assaidi, spearing, ngoo and a few other kids = 25 to 30 million

he should add downing to that list but he won't

so we'll still be a bit short especially with suarez suspended for the first few games

if we sign well then we may hit about 65-70 points next season in a best case scenario situation which will probably see us just finishing outside the CL spots and BR blathering on about progress and steps in the right direction only for our best players to leave in the summer of 2014-15 as we go a 5th season without CL

i hope my analysis proves to be incorrect

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with bending the rules if you can get away it. There's a fine line though. Biting crosses that line.

Saying that though, imagine if there was no cameras and trial by TV the stuff that would go on.

Completely agree, he overstepped the mark, I'm raging with him and its tough on Rodgers he could be doing without this.
    Sure the things that are said and done in local games are a joke, it's just part of it, it justs looks terrible on tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Facking hell yet again the media totally blow the situation out of all proportion, he hardly bit his arm off did he??

The worse thing about this is that you will get some fans in saying Suarez is a disgrace but yet in the same vein will hail the likes of Di Canio or Cantona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

as a Liverpool fan I look at Suarez as a flawed genius. he is the best in the world on his day, even on his off days his aggression and passion is missing in alot of players nowadays, having said that I hate the light he's shone on my club, it's always been the way that no player is bigger than the club but he needs us now and he'll never walk alone. I can't defend his actions but I've always loved his aggression and how he gets in opposing players minds. this will not blow over quickly and a decision needs to be made by Liverpool soon, for me it's close but I'd keep him........I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

One thing about Suarez is he has a great appetite for the game.

Amirite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

as a Liverpool fan I look at Suarez as a flawed genius. he is the best in the world on his day, even on his off days his aggression and passion is missing in alot of players nowadays, having said that I hate the light he's shone on my club, it's always been the way that no player is bigger than the club but he needs us now and he'll never walk alone. I can't defend his actions but I've always loved his aggression and how he gets in opposing players minds. this will not blow over quickly and a decision needs to be made by Liverpool soon, for me it's close but I'd keep him........I think

I put a question to LFC fans reading this -

If Liverpool had been in the hunt for the title and this happened and he were banned for the rest of the season would you a) shrug and laugh or b) hit the roof with anger at his selfish reckless behaviour. This season it doesn't really matter in terms of the league, but who knows (don't laugh!), next season it might and can anyone here say he won't do something this stupid again?

Suarez sat in the stands is of no use to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

donfers wrote: »

defenders de vrij, alderweireld, williams, dede (not sure if he is still an option), ambrose, bruno martins, isimat mirin

Just moved the other day, iirc.

donfers wrote: »
    three draws in a row...season petering out a little bit again

ratings

reina 6
    johnson 6
    carra 7
    agger 6
    enrique 6
    lucas 7
    gerrard 6
    downing 5
    henderson 5
    coutinho 5
    suarez 7

mom for liverpool ,sturridge 8

shelvey yet again bottled a big opportunity

looking to next season

starters worthy of a CL team

reina, johnson, agger, lucas, gerrard, coutinho, sturridge, suarez

ideally you would want at least 12 top quality players, we are missing four

we have plenty of players with potential, squad players, decent back-up etc but we need at least four top quality players

midfield iturra, wanyama, eriksen, diame, ben arfa

forwards gameiro, remy, markovic

..not a fantastic selection but that's where we are, best we could do if we were to snatch four, imo would be de vrij, alderweireld, eriksen, markovic and none of these are guaranteed hits

on top of that a few of our CL starters are not showing great form at the moment in reina and johnson

we also need to find a top class LB and a good DM who is willing to accept he may not start every game (iturra?)

a lot of work to be done and again IMO too much work for the budget we will likely get

4 CL quality players = 60 million
    2 decent cover players = 15 million

budget = 25 million

he will get rid of skrtel, coates, carroll, assaidi, spearing, ngoo and a few other kids = 25 to 30 million

he should add downing to that list but he won't

so we'll still be a bit short especially with suarez suspended for the first few games

if we sign well then we may hit about 65-70 points next season in a best case scenario situation which will probably see us just finishing outside the CL spots and BR blathering on about progress and steps in the right direction only for our best players to leave in the summer of 2014-15 as we go a 5th season without CL

i hope my analysis proves to be incorrect
    Reina is poor nearly let in Luiz's free kick
    Lucas is too weak & slow now imo since his ACL injury

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Facking hell yet again the media totally blow the situation out of all proportion, he hardly bit his arm off did he??

The worse thing about this is that you will get some fans in saying Suarez is a disgrace but yet in the same vein will hail the likes of Di Canio or Cantona.

The media are always going to zero in on any incident so don't be surprised by it. The fact is that he bit another player. A child doing that on a playground is disgusting nevermind a grown adult. He just went for him with his mouth. It's a stupid situation he's put himself in and had he done that in the CL Semi Final or in the hunt for the title you'd be absolutely furious with him. At least know he'll miss some meaningless games but he's made an absolute joke of himself and he hasn't done Rogers any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

MD1990 wrote: »
    Reina is poor nearly let in Luiz's free kick
    Lucas is too weak & slow now imo since his ACL injury

Yea, I'm reluctant to say it about Lucas since he proved me incredibly wrong before, but at the moment he looks like a real weak link in the side. I'd love to see us go for Diame in the summer. He's looked like a beast every time I've seen him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mike65 wrote: »
    I put a question to LFC fans reading this -

If Liverpool had been in the hunt for the title and this happened and he were banned for the rest of the season would you a) shrug and laugh or b) hit the roof with anger at his selfish reckless behaviour. This season it doesn't really matter in terms of the league, but who knows (don't laugh!), next season it might and can anyone here say he won't do something this stupid again?

Suarez sat in the stands is of no use to anyone.

What about an injury prone player?

It's just part of who he is. You have to take it into account when looking at the season as a whole. Perhaps work with a psychologist could minimise it but it'll always be there to a degree.

I'd certainly rather have Suarez for 4/5 of the season than no Suarez and 45m.

Would I be annoyed if he did it under different circumstances? It hasn't really sunk in how crazy it was yet so I'm not annoyed yet, but I will be.
    So yes. But it's counterbalanced by what he brings to the team. He wins us far more in ways few others could than he loses us games (similarly in ways few others would).

Yea, I'm reluctant to say it about Lucas since he proved me incredibly wrong before, but at the moment he looks like a real weak link in the side. I'd love to see us go for Diame in the summer. He's looked like a beast every time I've seen him play.
    i would still give Lucas a chance though
    a good pre-season doing some gym work could do him the world of good

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

The Sunday World will make for hilarious reading next Sunday with John Aldridge defending Luis Suarez and making claims that he is up there with Messi and Ronaldo

How Aldridge claims Suarez is better than Van Persie is beyond me, the one thing Suarez will never have that Van Persie has plenty of is class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

you'd have to feel sorry for Rogers in all this, id say the man is dreading the next few days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

The Sunday World will make for hilarious reading next Sunday with John Aldridge defending Luis Suarez and making claims that he is up there with Messi and Ronaldo

How Aldridge claims Suarez is better than Van Persie is beyond me, the one thing Suarez will never have that Van Persie has plenty of is class.

totally wrong ,RVP can be quite a dirty nasty player too and there has also been off field allegations about him

in terms of pure ability most neutral observers would say suarez wins

in terms of class,dignity, niceness...neither of them are angels then again it's a moot point as neither of them are up for the nobel peace prize

man u apologists used to say that when roy keane committed whatever his latest misdemeanour was, "well if you take away that nasty streak then he's not the same player, it's part of his game" - funny how these people fail to recall their hypocrasy but then again that's football fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yup, the guy that cheats on his wife has plenty of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

G.K. wrote: »
    Just moved the other day, iirc.
    Yeah Cruzerio bought him but now the government have blocked the transfer because they owe 25 million in taxes. It's a bit of a mess really because Vasco can't give the money back, they already spent it on staff wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well, you've given me my first chuckle since logging back in. Congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yup, the guy that cheats on his wife has plenty of class.

Compared to a repeating handballing rascist diving biter

I am a firm believer that how you conduct yourself on the pitch is a testament to how you are in real life.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Plenty of 'Luis Suarez, he bites who he wants' in The Park pub after the match. I had no idea of the controversy until I got in there. Any talk of selling him over this is sheer madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Just back from the game. Wrecked.
    Whatever about all the Suarez stuff it was my first time seeing Sturridge today......I don't know what it looked like on the tele but he was f&cking awesome. If he can build that level of performance consistently into his game we are in for a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Compared to a repeating handballing rascist diving biter

I am a firm believer that how you conduct yourself on the pitch is a testament to how you are in real life.

Giggs? Exemplary player on the pitch, not exactly whiter than white off it. Can say the same for quite a number of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement