Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Kess73 wrote: »
    Most lads I know who are only over for a game or whatever use them, especially if they need to rush for an airport post game, hence why I recommend them. But will make a point of asking a few of them if they ever had issues like you did because I would hate to be name dropping a business that lets people down, even in a small manner, on a regular basis.

For the record I booked these lads yesterday after the game. No issues whatsoever (apart from him being an Everton fan!). Will use them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Defoe bit Masherano, was booked for the incident. No further punishment.

In fact it was laughed off by the Spurs manager at the time Martin Jol as "a wee nibble"

If Rodgers said that yesterday SSN and the fools that lap it up would spontaneously combust.
    Defoe and Jol are as out of line as Suarez is and Rodgers would have been had he done the same. What more do you want us to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

whatnext wrote: »
    I find it very difficult to believe he "asked the club" to do anything.

This is a PR stunt and a vast improvement from the tee shirt one.

But to suggest that as the was being $h@t on form a height by his manager and the clubs MD that he had the neck to suggest what the club do with the fine is laughable.

But as I said they've moved on a long way on the PR front form the Dalglish era

Nonsense. Most club fines, when dished out are not kept by the club and are given to local charities as far as I know. I wouldn't be surprised by this at all, never mind think it laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    - Zidane headbutt; Keane tackle on Halland: to get to the level Suarez is at you often have to be a bit crazy. The way he plays is not 'normal'. People want the fierce, crazy determination and will to win but don't want the unfortunate aspects that type of personality is prone to from time to time;

- the 'he's not representing the club' rubbish needs to stop. As I said yesterday, he's really the only current player fit to wear the shirt of Dalglish on a game to game basis these days. He's playing like winning stuff matters and is important even when those around him can't manage that level of performance;

- the reason it is a detestable act is because it is an unmanly act. People are willing to accept players diving or rolling around on the ground exaggerating / feigning injury but then want to jump on the pulpit and preach about this? It's all childish, unmanly and uncouth behaviour. And it ALL needs to be stamped out. Sounness was probably irate in the studio yesterday evening in part because he would never have allowed any such ****e when he played. I'd rather a game where players could tackle good and hard - because in such a context you'd never have a player doing what Suarez did yesterday. They'd be afraid to;

Agree with most of you post, but Souness can go eff himself with the comments I have seen attributed to him from yesterday.

The man has some neck to try and bring Hillsborough into the Suarez debate given what he did whilst manager of Liverpool football club.

He also has some nerve to talk about being shocked about what Suarez did given Souness broke another player's jaw with a cheap shot punch.

Suarez was 100% wrong yesterday, but some of the shyte being spouted by the likes of Souness is bloody sickening

Another reason to be p1ssed off at what Suarez did is that it has totally covered up any media reports on the attempts to mar the tribute for Anne Wiliams, and also attempts by scum to have a go at the new Hillsborough memorial statue in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Another reason to be p1ssed off at what Suarez did is that it has totally covered up any media reports on the attempts to mar the tribute for Anne Wiliams, and also attempts by scum to have a go at the new Hillsborough memorial statue in the city centre.

you see, none of that is as important as a multi-millionaire being a scumbag on a football field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

gafferino wrote: »
    Yes this 100%. Im not a fan of Downing despite him being alright yesterday. Henderson Ive said in the past I have time for and has something about him. But he was sh*te yesterday, pure sh*te. We need some serious midfielders bought it.

I'd sell Downing. Can see him going for £5-7m, though his wages would be prohibitive to a move.

Henderson is worth keeping but I agree to an extent with super_furry in that I don't think he's going to be a key part of any midfield we'd hopefully put together. A great squad player to have though.

SlickRic wrote: »
    you see, none of that is as important as a multi-millionaire being a scumbag on a football field.

The refusal to wear the black armbands by certain Chelsea players does not seem to be getting mentioned anywhere either.

Much as I think Suarez was an idiot for his scummy actions yesterday, some of the cringeworthy media comments by certain individuals who should stay quiet thanks to their own past actions (Souness, Collymore etc), bandwagon jumping, and scumbag behaviour inside and outside the ground yesterday/last night has me close to a circle the wagons mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

When is Suarez likely to get a ban from the FA , will it be dealt with during this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

T-K-O wrote: »
    No it was a bite... not a walking dead effort but a bite none the less.

Im all for making examples, but players dive and it's accepted. Saurez dives and we need to makes examples...

for the life of me I dont remember the Defoe incident, he should have recieved a ban though wheter it was dealt wiith by the ref or not

and just because he did not, does not mean that Suarez should not

2 wrongs dont make a right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The refusal to wear the black armbands by certain Chelsea players does not seem to be getting mentioned anywhere either.

Much as I think Suarez was an idiot for his scummy actions yesterday, some of the cringeworthy media comments by certain individuals who should stay quiet thanks to their own past actions (Souness, Collymore etc), bandwagon jumping, and scumbag behaviour inside and outside the ground yesterday/last night has me close to a circle the wagons mindset.

And you don't get much more scummy than kicking a young lady full force in the face

for the life of me I dont remember the Defoe incident, he should have recieved a ban though wheter it was dealt wiith by the ref or not

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6076094.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Souness should have no right to talk about Hillsborough after selling his story to that rag while still Liverpool manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

amiable wrote: »
    And you don't get much more scummy than kicking a young lady full force in the face

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nice little article on F365 this morn, puts a nice bit of perspective on it amongst all the false outrage and Sky propaganda

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/8665173/Johnny-Nic

Hoki wrote: »
    When is Suarez likely to get a ban from the FA , will it be dealt with during this week?

Violent behaviour gets a three match ban. That plus one extra match for the scummy circumstances makes sense to me.

The FA have set a precendent for themselves this season with their reducing of ban lengths for players who came out and said sorry quickly after the event.

Suarez was very lucky with how Ivanovic reacted to the whole thing. Ivanovic seems to have been very restrained both after the bite and after the game in his reactions. Was impressive how he managed to not thump Suarez straight away and how he declined to take things further with the police after the game.

Huh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/110009.stm
    About an hour later Stan Collymore arrived, and after fans threw a pint over him he asked Ms Jonsson to leave, the reporter said.

It was when she refused that the attack took place.

"He dragged her out of the bar into a back room, pushed her to the ground and aimed kicks at her head," said Mr Geissler.

Oh right, I thought it was something that happened after the match in Liverpool.

wouldnt be pissed off with Suarez for that, thats the Media

Souness should have no right to talk about Hillsborough after selling his story to that rag while still Liverpool manager

None whatsoever. He went and peddled his story to that rag on the weekend of the third anniversary. He is one of the best ever players in the club's history, possibly the best midfielder ever to play for the club, but as a man he lost all respect the city had for him when he associated himself with the rag, and his comments yesterday just brings that memory bubbling to the surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

kfallon wrote: »
    Nice little article on F365 this morn, puts a nice bit of perspective on it amongst all the false outrage and Sky propaganda

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/8665173/Johnny-Nic

Do not read the paragraph relating to the Aussie Rules incident if your about to eat your lunch. :eek:

wouldnt be pissed off with Suarez for that, thats the Media

If Suarez had not been an idiot trying to bite another player, a real scummy act, then the media would not have had something to get into a frenzy with.

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/8665173/Johnny-Nic[/QUOTE]

thats more a different view than perspective

Hidalgo wrote: »

Do not read the paragraph relating to the Aussie Rules incident if your about to eat your lunch. :eek:

Especially if you intend on getting a meatball marinara from subway.

Yeah laughable how mister "I beat women, went dogging and did a whole list of other scummy acts" came out bleating about what Suarez did being one of the most disgraceful acts a human could do.

Go look at your own track record Collymore if you want to see scummy behaviour being repeated time after time.

Violent behaviour gets a three match ban. That plus one extra match for the scummy circumstances makes sense to me.

The FA have set a precendent for themselves this season with their reducing of ban lengths for players who came out and said sorry quickly after the event.

Suarez was very lucky with how Ivanovic reacted to the whole thing. Ivanovic seems to have been very restrained both after the bite and after the game in his reactions. Was impressive how he managed to not thump Suarez straight away and how he declined to take things further with the police after the game.

Im sure Ivanovic has been reassuured that this will be dealt with properly

He was talking to the ref afterwards, maybe he was told that if I didnt see it, he gets a bigger ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Meatballs anyone? :P
    thats more a different view than perspective

You know what I meant ffs!

Hoki wrote: »

Think the FA were meeting in Wembley today, so I assume it's on the agenda.
    The sooner the better imo, if he got his ban today it would be better than getting the ban Friday and allowing it to roll on

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Think the FA were meeting in Wembley today, so I assume it's on the agenda.
    The sooner the better imo, if he got his ban today it would be better than getting the ban Friday and allowing it to roll on

There would have to be a hearing. Might be this week, won't be today I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

First I've heard of the Chelsea player's refusal to wear black armbands and of the trouble with regards to the Memorial statue.

Had assumed that some Chelsea support would try and sabotage the minutes respect for Anne Williams and thought it was wise that the club chose a minutes applause rather than a minutes silence. Definitely covered up their attempts from my perspective.

You're right Kess, the Suarez incident has really covered up everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Surely any ban is dependent on the ref's match report though.

Meatballs anyone? :P

You know what I meant ffs!

ill refer to your false outrage and propaganda comment

monkey9 wrote: »

he will have to say there were complaints of a bite, the FA can go from there

Im sure Ivanovic has been reassuured that this will be dealt with properly

He was talking to the ref afterwards, maybe he was told that if I didnt see it, he gets a bigger ban

That has no bearing on how he reacted straight away to the bite. He had the composure not to lash out and seek his own vegence. He also did not go falling to the ground trying to make it look like he was badly injured. He went to argue his case with the ref and did not throw a big strop like many players would have.

Suarez imo owes Ivanovic a debt of gratitude for the way Ivanovic behaved. Hell he owes him big time for not taking it further with the police.

If Ivanovic wanted to be as petty and scummy as Suarez was, then Suarez could have ended up in even more trouble than he is going to be in. Kudos to Ivanovic for not stooping to that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What shocks me about the whole inncident is that nobody cares about the level of disrespect Suarez has shown towards the Hillborough victims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Oranage2 wrote: »
    What shocks me about the whole inncident is that nobody cares about the level of disrespect Suarez has shown towards the Hillborough victims.

Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not just that but the fact that he spit in the face of the 100,000 Chinese students that protested at Tiananmen Square on the same day in 1989.

Seriously, cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

:confused:

Knex. wrote: »
    First I've heard of the Chelsea player's refusal to wear black armbands and of the trouble with regards to the Memorial statue.

Had assumed that some Chelsea support would try and sabotage the minutes respect for Anne Williams and thought it was wise that the club chose a minutes applause rather than a minutes silence. Definitely covered up their attempts from my perspective.

You're right Kess, the Suarez incident has really covered up everything else.

Yeah there was a group (a minority it must be said) who had their "clever" chants at the ready for the tribute to Anne. Police, stewards, and locals did a great job in spotting and policing them.

A few scumbags thought it funny to try and urinate on the new statue in the city and a few tried stuff with the memorial outside the ground. A few others tried to set fire to a banner for Anne outside the ground.

Was explained to all of them by locals how their behaviour was unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah there was a group (a minority it must be said) who had their "clever" chants at the ready for the tribute to Anne. Police, stewards, and locals did a great job in spotting and policing them.

A few scumbags thought it funny to try and urinate on the new statue in the city and a few tried stuff with the memorial outside the ground. A few others tried to set fire to a banner for Anne outside the ground.

Nicely put.

You'd wonder what goes through these fella's heads, if anything at all. Setting fire to a banner for Anne. I mean, Jesus, how low do you have to go.

• Advertisement

The amount of people with faux outrage is worse.

Did you care about Hillsborough before yesterday yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

suarez really is the kenny powers of the premeir league. i love kenny powers :D

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The amount of people with faux outrage is worse.

Did you care about Hillsborough before yesterday yourself?

That is just someone repeating the same ignorant comments made by Souness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

monkey9 wrote: »

Nope, they look at the video evidence and testimony from anyone within biting distance of the incident.

Not sure they need to talk to anyone bar Ivanovic though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭whatnext

Diggy78 wrote: »
    Nonsense. Most club fines, when dished out are not kept by the club and are given to local charities as far as I know. I wouldn't be surprised by this at all, never mind think it laughable.

Never disputed where the money was going - I said it was laughable to suggest the Suarez told the management where it should go. Picture the environment of that meeting - he would have been in no position to dictate anything.

Its a PR stunt to suggest it was Suarez's idea

5starpool wrote: »
    There would have to be a hearing. Might be this week, won't be today I'd imagine.

I assume the FA will have to announce a date to allow Liverpool representatives be present.
    A date may be confirmed today.
    The fact that Suarez has admitted it should allow the ball to roll quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You'd wonder what does be going on with people that they're like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I totally agree. I guess we have to wait for saurez to make all the mistakes again in order to clean up the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

see attached pic from yesterday.....glad they brought it with them

Edit: How do i insert a jpeg (not link) so its just displayed and not a link?

That has no bearing on how he reacted straight away to the bite. He had the composure not to lash out and seek his own vegence. He also did not go falling to the ground trying to make it look like he was badly injured. He went to argue his case with the ref and did not throw a big strop like many players would have.

Suarez imo owes Ivanovic a debt of gratitude for the way Ivanovic behaved. Hell he owes him big time for not taking it further with the police.

If Ivanovic wanted to be as petty and scummy as Suarez was, then Suarez could have ended up in even more trouble than he is going to be in. Kudos to Ivanovic for not stooping to that level.

i do agree

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement