Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

djPSB wrote: »
    Tomorrow's Independent reporting Suarez will get a 7 game ban.

Meaning he'll miss the first 3 games of next season.

The rest might do him good. Silver linings and all that...

So the Indo is claiming to know what length the ban is despite the hearing not being held until Thursday?

Smacks of guessing by them and nowt else.

As for Suarez getting a rest, pretty sure he will be with national team for most of the summer as they are playing France, Venezuela, Spain, Nigeria, Tahiti, and Japan between early June and the 14th August. Then they have two more games in September against Peru and Columbia. Ecuador and Agentina are their October games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Tomorrow's Independent reporting Suarez will get a 7 game ban.

Meaning he'll miss the first 3 games of next season.

The rest might do him good. Silver linings and all that...

As its the end of season could they start it next season? It was right he got a ban just hope the FA will keep consistant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Kess73 wrote: »
    So the Indo is claiming to know what length the ban is despite the hearing not being held until Thursday?

Smacks of guessing by them and nowt else.

As for Suarez getting a rest, pretty sure he will be with national team for most of the summer as they are playing France, Venezuela, Spain, Nigeria, Tahiti, and Japan between early June and the 14th August. Then they have two more games in September against Peru and Columbia. Ecuador and Agentina are their October games.

Kess, you said earlier that some Chelsea players refused to wear black armbands, who were they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I'm about to vomit for forcing myself to say this but, Gary Neville is showing a bit of class, that he never had as a footballer. Really going up in my estimation.

I'm hoping the other numpties is Sky listen to the guy

Removed: Gary Neville video clip from tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Stay classy Patrice Evra.

What did he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gafferino wrote: »
    What did he do?

pretend to bite into a hallloween prop arm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

What did he do?
    Edit
    See above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

What did he do?

BIfFG3UCAAAn3Wx.jpg:large

I can see the humour but I think he's very childish to be involving himself at all, making himself look a knob more than anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

I can see the humour but I think he's very childish to be involving himself at all, making himself look a knob more than anything

Suarez dive in front of moyes was just the same. If people are complaining about this they've little to worry about in life obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

klose wrote: »
    Suarez dive in front of moyes was just the same. If people are complaining about this they've little to worry about in life obviously

What happened on Sunday has nothing to do with Evra so no need to get involved in it.

Moyes gave an interview about Suarez and his diving before the game bit of a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

What happened on Sunday has nothing to do with Evra so no need to get involved in it.

Moyes gave an interview about Suarez and his diving before the game bit of a difference

Exactly. Evra has shown on more than one occasion that he's a twit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

People having a go at evra for that is unbelievable Jesus take of the feckin blinkers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thought the Evra thing was funny myself.

Also think that he's probably due a bit of banter at Suarez's expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lads, in fairness, he was probably handed that while celebrating winning the league with the fans.
    They hand it to him, he laughs, takes the bite and they take the photo. Not too long later its viral.

Its not like he had it stuffed in his sock all game, waiting to have his moment. I wouldn't be reading too much into this.

• Advertisement

Kess, you said earlier that some Chelsea players refused to wear black armbands, who were they?

Did not say they refused, some would not or did not wear it.

Liverpool+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+r4E5foVveUll.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

TBH, its pretty funny.

Surely bringing the game into disrepute especially while the investigation is ongoing. He should be sanctioned by the FA imo. My dislike for Evra has increased even more and I didn't think that was possible.

Exactly. Is pretty much a nothing pisstake by Evra at most. Hell if we had just won the title and one of our players did something similar we would be laughing and calling him a cheeky bar steward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Did not say they refused, some would not or did not wear it.

Liverpool+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+r4E5foVveUll.jpg

Is that at the end of the game? Sometimes players take the arm bands off at half time, not saying that they had them on in the first place but merely pointing out the possibility.

I think people need to stop taking professional footballers seriously tbh. My viewpoint is to hold them in the same regard as say, the lads on the RTE panel.

Good for an ol' laugh, but if you start trying to take them serious or looking to them as some sort of knowledgeable, or God forbid, exemplary type people, you're only going to be left angry and frustrated.

The majority of them are planks. As Klose said, if you're getting upset over this then you must have very little else to be worrying about.

cournioni wrote: »
    Is that at the end of the game? Sometimes players take the arm bands off at half time, not saying that they had them on in the first place but merely pointing out the possibility.

Was at the game and my seat is to the left of the goals in the picture. Had a pretty good view.

As for that particular picture, it was taken just after Suarez scored so the game was not yet over. Not really getting into itnow, but am just putting up the pics by way of replying to a few who asked me to name some of the players who were not wearing the band or rather those I noticed not wearing it when they came near my end of the pitch.

Here is another before the game was over,

Liverpool+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+_c26Pcl6Cnil.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Surely bringing the game into disrepute especially while the investigation is ongoing. He should be sanctioned by the FA imo. My dislike for Evra has increased even more and I didn't think that was possible.

Baaahahahaha :D

Classic stuff man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

well you'd think he'd have a lot more to worry about than antagonising lfc and suarez just after winning the title but there you go...mark of the man, obsessed and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He has been a joke from the offset .

When Suarez was accused of Racist behaviour he should have stepped in and decided on a course of action . Instead he went into hiding and left Kenny and Suarez out to dry .

When Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand he bent over backwards making him apologise . He should have stuck up for Luis but he didn't .

The day he spent at Sky Sports telling the world about the search for our new manager . We still hadn't made Brendan our manager . It was cringe listening to all the crap he spouted that day .

We let Andy Carroll go to West Ham and Ayre promised a replacement would be signed . But it didn't happen and he went home at 9 on the final day of the window . That to me was criminal . He knew he had some money to spend and he should have worked tirelessly to get Brendan a striker .

He seems to be a bad negotiater when it comes to signing players . The amount of money we have overspent on players is mental . That is partly his fault .

I don't like the man he seems to be good at getting commercials deals for the club but is the only thing he seems to be good at . Everything else feels like it is getting done half @rsed .

I always found the Ayre hate a bit odd and these reaons outlined here just make it seem even more odd. It seems that's just the in thing to hate him so everyone decides to hate him.

I mean you knock him for not deciding on a course of action at first and then when he decides on one after the handshake he gets blamed for hanging Suarez out to dry. It seemed to me the course of action was decided upon, the club backed Suarez after the racism incident. Suarez only has himself to blame for the handshake - he hung kenny and the club. It was terrible carry-on from him. The club/Ayre/Kenny were right to come out at that stage and put an end to the nonsense.

The Carroll saga is again strange. Ayre doesn't control the finances. He can't go over Henry and co's head. If he's told they can only spend £xm on Dempsey then he has to stick to that, he has no choice. If Rodgers tell him that £xm on sturridge is to much money and not to do it then he does what he tells him. The last thing I want is Ayre having final decision on all transfers - seems crazy people would want this to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

darced wrote: »
    Compo alert!Compo alert!

Have you been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?

I proper laughed out loud at the one, to my eternal shame :p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was hoping no one in here would be precious about the Evra thing, but seems I was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

"The FA have charged patrice evra for bringing the game into disrepute by chewing on a plastic novelty arm while the luis suarez biting allegation investigation was on going"

I dont even think the fa are that bad

mike65 wrote: »

I remember the two of them having words on the way off at half time, but it looked harmless enough. Could just be the Daily Mail stirring ****e with no basis for it.

For me, I just think Suarez wanted a reaction out of Ivanovic to get a penalty, especially after giving away one himself. Soon as Ivanovic pushed him off Suarez was turning to the ref shouting for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

FFS lads, people complain here about people over reacting to Suarez's rabid hound impression and then people criticise Evra for having a quick one second joke whilst celebrating winning the title?

Double standards.

For the record the prop was thrown from the crowd.

I thought it was very funny myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

Just saw a vid of that. Knex had it spot on, looks like some fans threw it to him and he just picked it and pretended to bite it and put it down again. The picture doesn't really convey what happened very well.

@Kess, looking at those pics, maybe Lampard just forgot/ was never given an armband considering he was a sub. Looks like Mikel doesn't have one either though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

The refusal to wear the black armbands by certain Chelsea players does not seem to be getting mentioned anywhere either.

Much as I think Suarez was an idiot for his scummy actions yesterday, some of the cringeworthy media comments by certain individuals who should stay quiet thanks to their own past actions (Souness, Collymore etc), bandwagon jumping, and scumbag behaviour inside and outside the ground yesterday/last night has me close to a circle the wagons mindset.

you did mention there was a refusal. Was it a case some wore them and some didn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think players should wear the arm bands if they want and shouldn't be given grief if they don't.

iPbSAGy6DUntY.gif

Here is the Evra joke. You have to laugh !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

5starpool wrote: »
    I was hoping no one in here would be precious about the Evra thing, but seems I was wrong.

The fact Evra is making a joke out of it just proves how absurd the overreaction has been. If he was making a joke out of something that was actually a serious incident he'd get loads of stick, not just from Liverpool fans. So anyone laughing at this, and then still wants to pretend they are outraged over the bite, is a hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

murpho999 wrote: »
    iPbSAGy6DUntY.gif

As much as I dislike the man as a human being I have to admit its harmless banter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

iPbSAGy6DUntY.gif

Disgraceful behaviour from Evra. Pretending to bite on a severed arm. It's just so bizarre, Ive never seen anything like it. No place for that on a football pitch. Hope he gets banned for six months for that. No make it ten. He needs to be thought a lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2312912/Luis-Suarez-deserves-greater-punishment-Mike-Tyson-Branislav-Ivanovic-bite-JEFF-POWELL.html

'
    ''Iron Mike was fined £2million plus significant legal costs, ordered to perform prolonged hours of community service and given a life suspension from boxing which was later commuted to one year.

The punishment for Suarez should be even more''

ricero wrote: »
    As much as I dislike the man as a human being I have to admit its harmless banter.

Seriously, unless you know him personally, you only know him as a defender for France and Man Utd.
    You've no idea what he's like as a human being!

Pretty much how I thought it would be. If it were one of our own we'd be praising him from the rooftops and going on about how much of a 'character' he is.

Fair play to United and Ferguson anyway. Hate to see them winning the league again, but they made it look easy. Well deserved.

• Advertisement

''Following his cannibalising first of a Dutch opponent while playing for Ajax, now Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic,''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2312912/Luis-Suarez-deserves-greater-punishment-Mike-Tyson-Branislav-Ivanovic-bite-JEFF-POWELL.html

'
    ''Iron Mike was fined £2million plus significant legal costs, ordered to perform prolonged hours of community service and given a life suspension from boxing which was later commuted to one year.

The punishment for Suarez should be even more''

I think the sillier this gets, the better it is for us. At some point people are going to start realising how retarded they are being.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Disgraceful behaviour from Evra. Pretending to bite on a severed arm. It's just so bizarre, Ive never seen anything like it. No place for that on a football pitch. Hope he gets banned for six months for that. No make it ten. He needs to be thought a lesson.

Yes, on the 1st week anniversary of Boston, no respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Seriously, unless you know him personally, you only know him as a defender for France and Man Utd.
    You've no idea what he's like as a human being!

Cheated numerous times on his wife and has young kids. Doesnt sit well with me.

el dude wrote: »
    I think the sillier this gets, the better it is for us. At some point people are going to start realising how retarded they are being.

Its funniest thing I read in a while

Way over the top

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement