Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Cut the holier than thou crap.
    For an Irish Manchester United fan, Liverpool is by a long way the biggest rival club and have just gone 2 titles clear. If the shoe was on the other foot it would be Liverpool fans goading United fans on your Facebook.

Suppose all your Liverpool, Facebook mates were the epitome of graciousness in 2005.

I don't use Facebook for such childish crap and, yes, I think less of those that do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Seems kinda lousy to do it when Dortmund still have important games ahead of them.

Smart in a sense given that they could meet Dortmund in the CL final. If it put Gotze off his game even a little bit, then Bayern would have a definite advantage.

Kinda hoping the deal falls through as would hate to see Gotze at Bayern.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted yet.

A bit of sense through the hyperbole - Gary Neville is absolutely top notch as a pundit.

At least he has finally called a day on the 20+ year struggle to grow a tache.:D

Cannot knock him in any way as a pundit though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Kess73 wrote: »
    Smart in a sense given that they could meet Dortmund in the CL final. If it put Gotze off his game even a little bit, then Bayern would have a definite advantage.

Kinda hoping the deal falls through as would hate to see Gotze at Bayern.

I wonder, even though Bayern met the release clause, could Dortmund have said no? Or at least wait till their champions league campaign is over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Goetze deal confirmed. They triggered a release clause so Dortmund had little say in it really. Incredible timing by Bayern to do this. I think it goes beyond trolling when it directly puts the other party at a significant disadvantage.

For the record I wouldn't be at all surprised if they went after Suarez now, especially if rumours of Gomez leaving are true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I don't use Facebook for such childish crap and, yes, I think less of those that do.

Nor do I. Doesn't stop me from seeing it unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mike Tyson:
    "You know, he bit somebody, you know s*** happens"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Cut the holier than thou crap.
    For an Irish Manchester United fan, Liverpool is by a long way the biggest rival club and have just gone 2 titles clear. If the shoe was on the other foot it would be Liverpool fans goading United fans on your Facebook.

Suppose all your Liverpool, Facebook mates were the epitome of graciousness in 2005.

Facebook didn't really become mainstream over here until 2006/07.

My timeline was littered with Suarez jokes and abuse directed towards him from my Manc acquaintances, but i've only seen one status since last night about them winning the title.

Priorities eh.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

All the cool kids old people these days have never had a facebook account. Helps me miss all the horrible childish things about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Sounds like 5* is more of a Bebo man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This was done by Liverpool fans before 'somebody;) ' gets the hump.One of the best ones out there.

BIc2b8WCcAEowLY.jpg

T-K-O wrote: »
    Sounds like 5* is more of a Bebo man

MySpace is where it was at. :D

zerks wrote: »
    This was done by Liverpool fans before 'somebody;) ' gets the hump.One of the best ones out there.

BIc2b8WCcAEowLY.jpg

Hehe

Better than the Ryback one floating around for the last few days. Although the Ryback theme tune/catchphrase is pretty much perfect for some parody involving Suarez.

FEED

ME

MORE

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Facebook didn't really become mainstream over here until 2006/07.

My timeline was littered with Suarez jokes and abuse directed towards him from my Manc acquaintances, but i've only seen one status since last night about them winning the title.

Priorities eh.

I don't bother with Facebook much anymore but when I did use it regularly, my newsfeed was littered with "come on Chelsea" or "Come on City" from Liverpool fans. Depending on who United were challenging for the title with of course.

And all the while Liverpool were fighting for 4th-8th place.

Priorities eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

MySpace is where it was at. :D

hipster-guy-glasses-fashion-2012-1.jpg

"Still is, bro"

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Nuri(Ade) is sitting in a dark corner right now sobbing over a Mario Gotze Dortmund jersey while shouting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

http://sabotagetimes.com/football/luis-suarez-could-have-spit-roasted-frank-lampard-for-all-i-care/

What a title : "Luis Suarez Could Have Spit Roasted Frank Lampard For All I Care"

I can honestly say I enjoyed reading that and it's exactly how I feel about the Suarez biting incident .

Nuri(Ade) is sitting in a dark corner right now sobbing over a Mario Gotze Dortmund jersey while shouting

If he is not holed up in some Munich suburb doing this, I will be left feeling let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

So what was the story with Ayres postponed trip to Australia yesterday? Probably to sign up Rojas and summer tour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

This might be of interest to some of you; walking down Talbot St in the City Centre today and I noticed Guineys are selling this seasons home and away shirts for €20 each. Didn't check sizes etc but it might be worth checking out. I think they have a website too so they could be on there as well.

mike65 wrote: »

We are still ahead in the Fair Play league. Our year. :D

th?id=H.4732810128196199&pid=15.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Reds announce Gerrard testimonial

Liverpool Football Club will honour Steven Gerrard with a testimonial match this summer, with all the proceeds from the event being donated to charity.

The Reds will face reigning Greek champions and European giants Olympiacos in their only pre-season match to be played at Anfield, on Saturday, August 3, 2013 (2pm kick off).

The contest is being staged to celebrate Gerrard's glittering Liverpool career and also recognise his commitment and loyalty to his hometown club.

Money raised from events celebrating Steven's testimonial year will be for the benefit of the Steven Gerrard Foundation (SGF), a registered charity - www.stevengerrardfoundation.org. The foundation, set up in February 2011, is committed to making a lasting difference to disadvantaged children and young people in need.

Liverpool's opponents, Olympiacos, have confirmed that they too will be donating their appearance fee to local charities in Greece.

The fixture has great historical significance for both Steven and Liverpool. In 2004, in front of a packed home crowd, a stunning late goal from Steven, saw Liverpool come from behind to beat a powerful Olympiacos side 3-1 and go into the next stage of the UEFA Champions League. Steven's goal proved to be even more critical as that same season, they went on to be crowned winners of Champions League, beating AC Milan in an unforgettable final.

As Steven has spent the majority of his life in Liverpool, he has seen many of the issues faced by local children and therefore much of the money generated will go to a range of children's charitable organisations and projects in and around Merseyside.

Gerrard said: "I am delighted to be honoured by Liverpool with a testimonial match and particularly thrilled that Olympiacos have accepted my invitation to play the fixture. Last time we met proved to be such a memorable game both for me personally and Liverpool Football Club.

"I am also especially grateful that Olympiacos have truly embraced the aim of this match and chosen to donate their fee to charity. I am looking forward to what I know will be a fantastic game and a wonderful occasion."

Evangelos Marinakis, president of Olympiacos, said: "It is an honour and a great pleasure to participate in Steven's testimonial match against Liverpool, which shows yet again how the world of football can work together to build a bright future for the children and the young people of our society.

"As a socially-conscious club, Olympiacos always seek to contribute with actions aimed to alleviate people in need, as much as humanly possible.

"Reaching those affected by the economic crisis in our home country, we will donate our share to humanitarian, non-profit driven foundations and community development programmes. We look forward to a most enjoyable and rewarding match, where everyone is a winner."

Sportcel Marketing, a leading sports and event marketing agency, have been appointed by Gerrard as the exclusive agency to organise the testimonial match on behalf of the Foundation.

In addition, they have been charged with arranging one other testimonial event, with the objective of raising as much money as possible for SGF over the course of the year.

Rob Owen, director at Sportcel, said: "Having worked with Steven on his inaugural fund raising event for the Steven Gerrard Foundation, we have seen first hand the extraordinary impact that Steven has on those around him and his ability to galvanise support for such an important cause.

"We are of course delighted to be chosen to help him once again, in such an important year for him and the Foundation."

For further information and ticket details will be announced on Liverpoolfc.com in due course.

I find that a strange choice , I would have said Celtic , Ac Milan or a bigger club would have been involved but then Stevie does have fond memories of Olympiacos .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

We are still ahead in the Fair Play league. Our year. :D

th?id=H.4732810128196199&pid=15.1

Nah sure they still have a bit to go to catch Liverpool on this table ;)

*credit to Mike65

2d9xuh0.jpg

We're just better in every way. Deep down inside everyone connected with utd knows it.

There is only one type of person that goes on about LFC more than LFC fans. Utd fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Aye. Found it weird to see Olympiacos chosen. Can't see the ties at all, apart from the above goal of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hey citytillidie I demand a credit for that! ;)

trophies need grading of course

CL/EC 10 points
    UEFA/EL 5 points
    CWC 2 points
    FA Cup 2 points
    League Cup 1 point
    League title 10 points

I think that would keep Liverpool on top for a year at least.

A select team would have been interesting

• Advertisement

We're just better in every way. Deep down inside everyone connected with utd knows it.

There is only one type of person that goes on about LFC more than LFC fans. Utd fans.

United have better players, better manager, better stadium, are in Europe and currently have a better commercial standing, although we are gaining.

Apart from that though, yeah.

Our year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Knex. wrote: »
    Aye. Found it weird to see Olympiacos chosen. Can't see the ties at all, apart from the above goal of course.

I'd imagine a lot of clubs have their preseason plans in place already. Maybe this testimonial has only been planned recently. AC Milan would be a more obvious choice for Gerrard I would have thought.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I bet they asked a few clubs before Olympiacos,Celtic were top of the list but because of the game in Dublin were ruled out.

United have better players, better manager, better stadium, are in Europe and currently have a better commercial standing, although we are gaining.

Apart from that though, yeah.

Our year.

Says ya man, the sky sports generation fan

Who said anything about this or any particular year :confused:

LFC > Man Yoo

Simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

mike65 wrote: »
    Hey citytillidie I demand a credit for that! ;)

trophies need grading of course

CL/EC 10 points
    UEFA/EL 5 points
    CWC 2 points
    FA Cup 2 points
    League Cup 1 point
    League title 10 points

I think that would keep Liverpool on top for a year at least.

Less points should be given for the old European cup on account of it being easier to win :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

LFC > Man Yoo

Simples

Sure as **** doesn't feel like it.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Less points should be given for the old European cup on account of it being easier to win :D

Less should be given for the CL as you can lose home and away to the same team in the group stage and still make it to the final. :D

Lose home and away in the old format and you were out of the competition.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Much harder to qualify for.

It's a case of even one loss could have knocked you out of the tournament .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you also don't have to win your own domestic league to win the Champions League.

as we know.

there's pros and cons to both formats.

SlickRic wrote: »
    you also don't have to win your own domestic league to win the Champions League.

as we know.

No.

Are you on team clutch at straws or not?:pac:

• Advertisement

Says ya man, the sky sports generation fan

Who said anything about this or any particular year :confused:

LFC > Man Yoo

Simples

I really don't know how you can come to that conclusion and say its simples.

Our history, yeah fantastic. I love the feel of the club and I love the tradition and history in Anfield.

But United have dominated us, and the league for 20 years now and are in a fantastic position as things stand. 20 years, that's half a generation. Add to that they have great history of their own before they went through that barren patch. It's not like they're Man City, or Chelsea to a lesser degree, who came out of the woodwork due to finances.

They're both fantastic clubs and great to their own degree. I'm proud to support Liverpool, despite our recent struggles, but to say we are a better club and that it is 'simples' isn't giving United enough credit.

Also, I doubt there are too many footballers who will take that history into account when given the choice of signing for United or Liverpool when you take into account both club's current situations.

Also, Sky Sports generation fan? You may be accurate in terms of the timeline, but I don't appreciate the slur. Would be surprised if many on here regarded me as being a fan who takes in all they see on Sky and holds it as gospel. I go out of my way to be more informed than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Less should be given for the CL as you can lose home and away to the same team in the group stage and still make it to the final. :D

Dub13 wrote: »
    Much harder to qualify for.
    It's a case of even one loss could have knocked you out of the tournament .
    SlickRic wrote: »

as we know.

All true, but I think the fact that no team has successfully defended the Champions League yet would back up that it's harder to win.

Back in the 70's and 80's, Ajax won 3 in a row, Bayern 3 times in a row, Liverpool twice in a row, Forest twice in a row, Milan twice in a row.

And now we've had 20 years where nobody has retained it under the current format! Why? Because it's bloody harder! :p

All true, but I think the fact that no team has successfully defended the Champions League yet would back up that it's harder to win.

Back in the 70's and 80's, Ajax won 3 in a row, Bayern 3 times in a row, Liverpool twice in a row, Forest twice in a row, Milan twice in a row.

And now we've had 20 years where nobody has retained it under the current format! Why? Because it's bloody harder! :p

Nah, the teams that retained were just better. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

its easier to win so, as the dominant team never wins it twice in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

How so?

You had to win a league to get into it, not finish top 4

I really don't know how you can come to that conclusion and say its simples.

Our history, yeah fantastic. I love the feel of the club and I love the tradition and history in Anfield.

But United have dominated us, and the league for 20 years now and are in a fantastic position as things stand. 20 years, that's half a generation. Add to that they have great history of their own before they went through that barren patch. It's not like they're Man City, or Chelsea to a lesser degree, who came out of the woodwork due to finances.

They're both fantastic clubs and great to their own degree. I'm proud to support Liverpool, despite our recent struggles, but to say we are a better club and that it is 'simples' isn't giving United enough credit.

Also, I doubt there are too many footballers who will take that history into account when given the choice of signing for United or Liverpool when you take into account both club's current situations.

Also, Sky Sports generation fan? You may be accurate in terms of the timeline, but I don't appreciate the slur. Would be surprised if many on here regarded me as being a fan who takes in all they see on Sky and holds it as gospel. I go out of my way to be more informed than that.

I got a little carried away with the simples and sky comment. No need for that.

I take your point Utd are a league above chelski, city.

However there is something special about LFC. Despite being a multimillion pound business there is a sense of community about the club simliar to Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm really annoyed to see Man U win another league title, and to do it with a side that have basically scored their way out of trouble, a side who have conceded more at home that we have. It's being a crap season. No team has really shun, Man U have been less awful than Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal so on. This Man U team are not world beaters by any means. Their winners, the passion is there for Stoke away,as much as it is there for Liverpool at home

We turn our passion on and off depending on who and where we play, will never win anything like that. Players like Downing, Shelvey ,Sturridge,Henderson, Enrique,Lucas, Skrtel believe they are already WINNERS
    They play for Liverpool, that is enough

It's never enough for Suarez, Gerrard, Carra, Reina, there is no sense of achievement in this season for them. Rest of our players are content, they've made it, IN THEIR EYES

We need more winners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How so?

You had to win a league to get into it, not finish top 4
    Yeah people seem to ignore this for some odd reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

I'm really annoyed to see Man U win another league title, and to do it with a side that have basically scored their way out of trouble, a side who have conceded more at home that we have. It's being a crap season. No team has really shun, Man U have been less awful than Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal so on. This Man U team are not world beaters by any means. Their winners, the passion is there for Stoke away,as much as it is there for Liverpool at home

We turn our passion on and off depending on who and where we play, will never win anything like that. Players like Downing, Shelvey ,Sturridge,Henderson, Enrique,Lucas, Skrtel believe they are already WINNERS
    They play for Liverpool, that is enough

It's never enough for Suarez, Gerrard, Carra, Reina, there is no sense of achievement in this season for them. Rest of our players are content, they've made it, IN THEIR EYES

We need more winners

Football is about scoring goals more than defence

Gerrard is the only player I would take that is mentioned here

Sturridge, Henderson for potential maybe but Gerrard is the only player I would put in the United squad

Suarez is too greedy, im not talking about his work ehic im talking about his glory holing

Anyway, Rodgers will do a good job for Liverpool, just has to plan well for when Gerrard retires

Football is about scoring goals more than defence

Gerrard is the only player I would take that is mentioned here

Sturridge, Henderson for potential maybe but Gerrard is the only player I would put in the United squad

Suarez is too greedy, im not talking about his work ehic im talking about his glory holing

Anyway, Rodgers will do a good job for Liverpool, just has to plan well for when Gerrard retires

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement