Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Football is about scoring goals more than defence

Gerrard is the only player I would take that is mentioned here

Suarez is too greedy, im not talking about his work ehic im talking about his glory holing/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but Suarez would get in any team in the world right now ! I think if it came to RVP and Suarez being sold in the morning Suarez would be bought quicker because he is a few years younger . Both players are so good its frightening . Right now they are the two best players in the league .

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

cambo2008 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

thank god the teeth are on the other side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'm really annoyed to see Man U win another league title, and to do it with a side that have basically scored their way out of trouble, a side who have conceded more at home that we have. It's being a crap season. No team has really shun, Man U have been less awful than Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal so on. This Man U team are not world beaters by any means. Their winners, the passion is there for Stoke away,as much as it is there for Liverpool at home

We turn our passion on and off depending on who and where we play, will never win anything like that. Players like Downing, Shelvey ,Sturridge,Henderson, Enrique,Lucas, Skrtel believe they are already WINNERS
    They play for Liverpool, that is enough

It's never enough for Suarez, Gerrard, Carra, Reina, there is no sense of achievement in this season for them. Rest of our players are content, they've made it, IN THEIR EYES

We need more winners

Man U won the league by being less awful than the rest? Which suggests that they too are awful to some degree. What utter rubbish.

They are the best team in the division and one of the better teams in Europe. Every year there is crap said about how Man U have a weak midfield, poor defense or some other bitter rambling pointing to some perceived deficiency in their team/squad, yet year in year out they are scrapping for the biggest domestic honour regardless of the strength of the rest of the league.

And guess what? Even if Chelsea, City and others perform better next season, you can beat your last euro that Man U will still be in the mix for the title despite them not being anything special in your eyes.

They are currently on 84 points with the potential to finish on 96 points. Yeah that is the sign of an awful team alright.

The only thing I agree with you on is the quality and mentality of our own players. We have plenty of guys who are top class on paper and who are mentally strong on paper, but Man U have guys who can turn up and perform in the real world more often than not. Guys who, in the case of many of them, don't seem to get a lot of credit for how good they actually are.

Less awful than the rest indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's been times where you could say they were the "least bad", but don't be silly. This season they won a mad amount of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lads, we're bleedin' deadly!! Relax!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri(Ade) is sitting in a dark corner right now sobbing over a Mario Gotze Dortmund jersey while shouting

Kess73 wrote: »
    If he is not holed up in some Munich suburb doing this, I will be left feeling let down.

One of few times I've smiled or laughed today, cheers :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sounds like next year is definitely ours. Excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

5starpool wrote: »
    Sounds like next year is definitely ours. Excellent.

What's our nett spend forecast for next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What's our nett spend forecast for next season?

£47m when both windows are combined. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Suarez accepts charge of violent conduct for biting Branislav Ivanovic but disputes charge is worth more than three match ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

amiable wrote: »
    Suarez accepts charge of violent conduct for biting Branislav Ivanovic but disputes charge is worth more than three match ban

If it's true, you'd think he'd have learned by now to keep his mouth shut.

mosstin wrote: »
    If it's true, you'd think he'd have learned by now to keep his mouth shut.

The BBC, Sky and The Times are running it so it is true.
    He has a right to answer the charge so I don't get the bit about keeping his mouth shut

The BBC, Sky and The Times are running it so it is true.
    He has a right to answer the charge so I don't get the bit about keeping his mouth shut

Er, his original offence was?

Er, his original offence was?

Perhaps you could make it clear in your posts what you actually mean?

Perhaps you could make it clear in your posts what you actually mean?

Christ. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. How's that?

• Advertisement

Christ. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. How's that?

It really really would help if you just elaborated and said what you mean in plain English

It really really would help if you just elaborated and said what you mean in plain English

You didn't get it. You don't get it. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

he'll get a lot more than 3 games imo.

One thing that might go in his favour is if he commits to some sort of FA programme for character reformation etc.

Anyone know if he's been to see the psychologist fella, Steve Peters is it????

The Echo reckon it'll be between 6 and 8 games. I'd say that's about right.

That's just domestic games I take it?

Hopefully it's 6 max, 4 this season and the first two of next season.

Considering he has a ban for Uraguay too he'll be chomping at the bit to get stuck into things early September.

Saying all that, he'll probably get 10 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I'm sorry but Suarez would get in any team in the world right now ! .

I don't think he would. Ability wise he might but what big club would want to take on a player who will have picked up three controversial and lengthy bans in three consecutive seasons? All the while picking up in excess of £120,000 a week. Not many I reckon. I can't see him going anywhere.

• Advertisement

braveheart-hold-original.jpg

rarnes1 wrote: »

Considering he has a ban for Uraguay too he'll be chomping at the bit to get stuck into things early September.

:eek:

Only domestic, not that it would matter anyhow as we certainly won't be playing in Europe unless that silly long shot of the fair play thing comes in.

If he did get a stupidly long ban like 10+ games then it only applies in England so if he were to go abroad it wouldn't matter afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Only domestic, not that it would matter anyhow as we certainly won't be playing in Europe unless that silly long shot of the fair play thing comes in.

If he did get a stupidly long ban like 10+ games then it only applies in England so if he were to go abroad it wouldn't matter afaik.

That is up to FA of the Country he would go to, French FA upheld Joey Bartons 12 game ban at the start of the season.

Saurez on Sunday made reference to Defoe on his twitter account and how it was seen different

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

I reckon Suarez will get 4 games tbh, more than 3 like the FA said but not a mad amount either

slingerz wrote: »
    I reckon Suarez will get 4 games tbh, more than 3 like the FA said but not a mad amount either

He won't get off that Lightly he will be punished severly . I reckon it could be an 8 game ban .

slingerz wrote: »

6 minimum I reckon, more likely 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Considering thats what has him where he is now..I hope he won't be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

6 minimum I reckon, more likely 8.

If it is 8 would it be so bad?

4 for last few meaningless league games?

4 at start of season, could also include a league cup match.

No worse than a short injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

murpho999 wrote: »

And an excuse to give him some sorely needed rest.

• Advertisement

It will also give Sturrigde a chance to show what he's all about too .

It will also give Sturrigde a chance to show what he's all about too .

Yes, and also for Messi to bed into the team after joining in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Yes, and also for Messi to bed into the team after joining in the summer.
    good one;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I can't see the Fa banning him for less games than the Dutch Fa. Im expecting 8 possibly 10

If we won the first 4 games of next season, then no it wouldn't be bad.

If however we pick up 1 from point from 12 like this season it'll be a disaster.

It wouldn't be a disaster, but not good either. Chances are he will still be head and shoulders our most effective player if he is still at Anfield next season, so the more games we have him for the better obviously, and any new signings will take time to gel with him so the sooner that starts the better as well, especially since he won't be back for pre season until the start of August pretty much unless he gets a lengthy international ban as well for the punch thing.

I love his drive, determination and massive will to win, but I really wish the madman impulses could be taken from his game without affecting the rest. Just goes to show though that he will do anything to win.

especially since he won't be back for pre season until the start of August pretty much unless he gets a lengthy international ban as well for the punch thing.

I love his drive, determination and massive will to win, but I really wish the madman impulses could be taken from his game without affecting the rest. Just goes to show though that he will do anything to win.

I hope he is banned from international football forever !

If we had a few more players with his will to win we would be in the top four .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

Violent conduct should have a standard 3 games, hopefully it will only be 3.. sure wasnt Fellani only banned for 3 games for a head butt? or is it because it's Suarez that he'll get banned for more?

It wouldn't be a disaster, but not good either. Chances are he will still be head and shoulders our most effective player if he is still at Anfield next season, so the more games we have him for the better obviously, and any new signings will take time to gel with him so the sooner that starts the better as well, especially since he won't be back for pre season until the start of August pretty much unless he gets a lengthy international ban as well for the punch thing.

Well at least we can practise without him in next 4 games.

Really, we can play sometimes without him. Just like in 08/09 when we still won games without Torres and Gerrard.

If he was injured, which can easily happen we'd have to cope as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

8 games would be pretty ****e to be honest.
    If we get in some proper players in the summer we might be ok but I think we really need a good start if we want to have any chance of 4th.
    Not having Suarez will definitely impact on that.

mada999 wrote: »
    Violent conduct should have a standard 3 games, hopefully it will only be 3.. sure wasnt Fellani only banned for 3 games for a head butt? or is it because it's Suarez that he'll get banned for more?

Hard to say, remember Barton got a 12 match ban for assault on Aguero last season. Worse incident but strong ban. 8 -10 games is not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ahh well let him go now and meet up with Uruguay ahead of this summers Confederations cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,461 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/23/luis-suarez-liverpool-fa-bite

''In a statement the FA said: "Luis Suárez has accepted a charge of violent conduct, following an incident with Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in Sunday's fixture at Anfield. However, Suárez has denied the FA's claim that the standard punishment of three matches is clearly insufficient for this offence and suggested no more than 3 or else. The incident was not seen by the match officials and has therefore been retrospectively reviewed. An independent regulatory commission of Manchester United supporters will hear the case tomorrow, Wednesday, 24 April."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

"and no more than 3 or else"

Whatever happened to the Guardian. They can go away and fuck off with that sensationalist shite.

Why would he suggest that, and what could he do about it? Queue Luis to bite the FA jokes now..

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Jesus wudnt it be great to get good start to the season for once! to get a step ahead and not always be thinking if we win game x and y we might catch team x or y . we need Luis for that , missing two games of the new season would be bearable any more would worry me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

what would be consitent about that, when a player is banned he is banned, Ih ave never known them to wait once an appeal is done, if he appleals?

I meant the size of the ban and I do not think he can be banned if he is appealing just incase he wins. What is the point in appealing if the ban goes ahead while you appeal

The reason why I asked could they wait till next year as this year is done really. Pretty bad if they did I would say

He won't appeal as he had admitted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whatever it is the club will not appeal it. They will make sure to take the medicine.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Agree, but we're talking about a dirty rotten foreigner here who needs to be made an example of for the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Guardian. They can go away and fuck off with that sensationalist shite.

Why would he suggest that, and what could he do about it? Queue Luis to bite the FA jokes now..

Did you read the article? Toby was having a laugh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement