Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Gbear wrote: »
    Kelly has a huge amount to prove and not just his fitness.

He's been in and around the first team squad for close to 5 years but has only made 28 appearances.

I think like Wisdom, he would be better as a centre-back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

djPSB wrote: »
    An home base of players is important.

Arsenal didn't have many but that team then disintegrated rather quick.

United have always had a strong core of British or Irish players and that has helped them maintain consistency over the years.

They also had a strong core of British and Irish players during the years when they were not doing so well as a club.

Has more to do with quality than nationality imho. Great if you can nurture that quality from local stock, but more often than not that turns out not to be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Robbie9Fowler: Gutted... The Liverpool marathon cancelled, was looking forward to that. Bit embarrassing that the council can't agree on a route

FYI for anyone who was thinking about it.

British players would be more inclined to stay in Britain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rarnes1 wrote: »
    British players would be more inclined to stay in Britain though.

And therefore prolong the stay at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Kess73 wrote: »

They also had a strong core of British and Irish players during the years when they were not doing so well as a club.

Has more to do with quality than nationality imho. Great if you can nurture that quality from local stock, but more often than not that turns out not to be the case.

Yep quality is the most important aspect.

But if you have a quality team full of British and Irish players, then there is more chance of keeping that team together for a prolonged period.

Rafa's team that finished second was made up predominantly of foreigners. Very good team but they all moved onto greener pastures fairly quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We haven't won league in so long that people try to convince them self's it an impossible task,
    Man U have average squad of players. crap goal keeper, and old defenders who can't stop conceding goals, They'll win league though,
    Why? TOP SECRET !!
    ffs They score goals, Mystery solved, Team who scores most goals win league, Even with a crap keeper and old players and no defense,

We like to believe there more to it, To make ourselves feel better about not winning league in so long,

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Why? TOP SECRET !!
    ffs They score goals, Mystery solved, Team who scores most goals win league, Even with a crap keeper and old players and no defense,

We scored the most goals in the league in 08/09 and didn't win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

syqog3.jpg

Coutinho- "I have no idea what this guy is saying"
    Lucas- "Just keep smiling ffs".

Oscorp wrote: »
    We scored the most goals in the league in 08/09 and didn't win the title.

Good point,But we were 2nd
    and on 86pts, Which would win league some years that total.
    Goals are vital, as in premier league sunderland can score against you
    It can't be end of game when they do, You need to score 2 to win
    So you need that ability, As bottom team can score against top team,
    That's what premier league is, Its a league like no other,
    You need ability to come back from goal or goals down in this league, Without that ability you will fail, as any team can score against any team in this league

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2275836/We-able-replace-iconic-Jamie-Carragher-says-Rodgers.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Daniel Sturridge will undergo a late fitness assessment to decide whether he can feature against West Bromwich Albion on Monday night.

The striker, who has scored four goals in six games since signing from Chelsea, withdrew from England duty this week after sustaining a thigh injury against Manchester City.

One player who definitely will be fit for Steve Clarke's return to Anfield is Raheem Sterling, who missed England U21s' win over Sweden with a dead leg.

Brendan Rodgers told reporters he had no new fitness concerns from the midweek internationals.

"Raheem was on the field this morning so he'll be fine," said the boss.

"Daniel we're just monitoring over the next couple of days. It's not overly serious but we just need to assess to see where he's at. We'll see by Sunday.

"Everyone else is fine."

undefined
    The video you selected is only available to LFCTV Online members. You are now watching our Preview video, login or click here to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

martinkelly.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

gafferino wrote: »
    martinkelly.jpg

I would love to see what one of those contracts actually looks like!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

We haven't won league in so long that people try to convince them self's it an impossible task,
    Man U have average squad of players. crap goal keeper, and old defenders who can't stop conceding goals, They'll win league though,
    Why? TOP SECRET !!

We like to believe there more to it, To make ourselves feel better about not winning league in so long,

Its not just about the scoring of goals. Its also about having the resolve to fight back when losing (how many times have we seen United do that) No good beating a team 4 nil and then drawing or losing the next game.
    its also about consistency, strength in squad to have players who can come off the bench and change a match. United have won the league by not having scored the most goals or even having the best team
    I agree though in the main the team who has the best goal difference will win the league and I think we are going in the right direction with BR in terms of improving our ability to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

martinkelly.jpg
    Kelly must go through hair gel pretty fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Must have been 'Johnny Cash day' at LFC today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

MD1990 wrote: »
    Kelly must go through hair gel pretty fast

Either that or he dips his head in a chip pan or doesn't wash his hair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I would love to see what one of those contracts actually looks like!

Its that thing under the pen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

martinkelly.jpg

this has to be right up there with the creepiest of the creepy contract pictures.

with that look on his face kelly could pass for a fooking serial killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

jethro081 wrote: »
    this has to be right up there with the creepiest of the creepy contract pictures.

with that look on his face kelly could pass for a fooking serial killer.

knew i saw that hair cut before and serial killer is right, i give you "The Boston Strangler"

albert_desalvo.gif

http://www.macalester.edu/academics/psychology/whathap/ubnrp/serialkillers/boston_strangler.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

martinkelly.jpg

Ayre looks like he's about to whip a knife out of his inside pocket and start hitting the table between his fingers with it.

Why? TOP SECRET !!

Man U have an average squad? They are not even close to having an average squad. Average squads don't keep racking up titles. We are the ones with a pretty average squad for a number of years now not them.

Their keeper is far from crap and their defence is hardly as useless as you are trying to make out.

Pretty much ever season there is some talk of how Man U have a terrible midfield, or have no defence or whatever.

If any of that was true about Man U, which it is not, then all it would do is show up how crap almost all the other teams in the division are.

martinkelly.jpg

Looks like a shyte remake of Grosse Pointe Blank :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ian Ayre - "I was Patrick McGoohans Stunt Double"

I am not a number, I am a free man :)

• Advertisement

God knows the machinations within Anfield have been as oblique and unfathomable as those in The Village at times in recent years.

Its the only thing that can explain Gillett and Hicks. They were like the Rovers of Liverpool sucking the life out of the club!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Infamous former Everton player Andy Van Der Meyde warned his Dutch compatriot Royston Drenthe about joining the club, according to the Dutch press.

News site HP De Tijd have revealed that Van Der Meyde, whose time at the club was an abject failure due to spiralling off-field problems, begged Drenthe not to move to Everton because of the potentially damaging temptations on offer in Liverpool.

HP De Tijd report that Van Der Meyde left Drenthe an impassioned voicemail in August 2011 before his fellow Dutchman moved on loan to Everton.

He said: “Royston, I hear that you are on your way to Everton. Don’t do it boy, I beg you, don’t do it.

“Liverpool has too many temptations for guys like us. Before you know it you will be dragged into the nightclubs.

“There Bacardi flows and you can ski on cocaine; and the women, Royston. Oh man, oh man, oh man. Those British women with their short skirts…”

Drenthe did join the Toffees on loan shortly after but lasted only 11 months and having been released in the summer by Real Madrid, he was without a club until the beginning of this month when he joined FC Alania Vladikavkaz in Russia.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/cocaine-bacardi-and-short-skirts--andy-van-der-meydes-warning-to-royston-drenthe-about-moving-to-everton-8487694.html

LOL

Beware the Scouse pan and skirt! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mada999 wrote: »

knew i saw that hair cut before and serial killer is right, i give you "The Boston Strangler"

Nah, Joe Cole was the Boston Strangler...

Because of his wages...

And FSG is based in Bost... Yeah.. This sounded better in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Interesting to note, Drenthe signed straight after!! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

New Liverpool related website. Sorry if posted already.

http://www.thebibtheorists.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

martinkelly.jpg

He's a ringer for Stefan Bonnar.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-retirement-liverpools-stewart-1594414

"After [the loss to] Oldham, I won't repeat what he said in the dressing room - you wouldn't want to know - but he was the first to say something.

New Liverpool related website. Sorry if posted already.

http://www.thebibtheorists.com/

I've just waited for that site to load like its 1999. I wont be going back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

martinkelly.jpg

Honestly, this photograph looks like Ian Ayre has just signed a contract with a hitman to take out Hicks & Gillette!

mike65 wrote: »
    I've just waited for that site to load like its 1999. I wont be going back!

I thought maybe it was just me...they must be having some teething problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ayre looks like he's about to whip a knife out of his inside pocket and start hitting the table between his fingers with it.

'Watch the table.'

'I didn't hit your precious table.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'Watch the table.'

'I didn't hit your precious table.'

WFi1WdsQWks02pczGKvT8WN7o1_400.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

martinkelly.jpg

After Coates, Kelly must be up there as one of the tallest at the club? Quick wiki search says he's 6 ft 3 in. Great to see him sign a new contract and will be nice to see him back in the team.

With 3 games in 6 days, when do most reckon we'll get to see Coutinho? I wouldn't mind seeing him against WBA as they're going through a poor run of form at the moment but it's probably a bit too soon and he'll get the nod against Zenit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

martinkelly.jpg

Kelly looks like a young Herman Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Still not sold on Kelly. Very good talent, but he's had more than one lengthy injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Still not sold on Kelly. Very good talent, but he's had more than one lengthy injury.

His one major problem. With all the modern science and all that craic, you'd wonder how players are still injury prone. Hopefully seeing as how Stevie is having an injury free season so far, which Rodgers says is because of the medical staff, Kelly can knock his injuries. But an ACL injury is as bad as they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

hefferboi wrote: »
    After Coates, Kelly must be up there as one of the tallest at the club? Quick wiki search says he's 6 ft 3 in. Great to see him sign a new contract and will be nice to see him back in the team.

With 3 games in 6 days, when do most reckon we'll get to see Coutinho? I wouldn't mind seeing him against WBA as they're going through a poor run of form at the moment but it's probably a bit too soon and he'll get the nod against Zenit?
    Coutinho & Sturridge can't play in the Europa League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho & Sturridge can't play in the Europa League

Why cant Sturridge? He never played for Chelsea in the Europa?

Why cant Sturridge? He never played for Chelsea in the Europa?

He was a registered Chelsea player when they entered the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Thats mad. Chelsea still havent kicked a ball in the Europa?

Was the same when Suarez joined us and he was cup tied for the Europa League due to having being a registered Ajax player when Ajax dropped from the CL to the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think it's something to do with being involved in the CL has an influence on the Europa league.

But if you are involved in the Europa for the first half of the season you can play in the CL after Christmas because your involvement hasn't influenced the competition.

It was the same with Suarez when he signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

That's a really crap rule...thought they would change it after the group stages?

I know Chelsea if they were in the Champions League and then got knocked down to the Europa, I can understand that. However, I hope we used that as bargaining power with Chelsea to get Sturridge cheaper if that was the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement