Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clevernotes website

• 05-02-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Clevernotes website
    I just saw this website advertised online and was wondering if anyone has used it? There is a free registration but then a 25€ subscription. I know it isn't a lot of money, but I don't want to pay it and get nothing out of it!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Didn't you post about this earlier today in another thread and on the day the site launches?

I smell a shill.
    If you want to advertise on boards, please do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

I did post it on another thread was was advised I should change it to here. I saw it advertised on the rte website, and there were some comments leaving feedback, but I wanted honest opinions from here if that is ok with you.

If you don't have any helpful comments please don't reply to my very straightforward question. I have a child doing LC this year so i find your post ridiculous, but please feel free to check out my other posts about grants etc before leaving a stupid condescending comment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Getting more convinced by the minute here...

The site launched today and you start asking people have they signed up?
    How convenient.

If you've a problem with my moderation, take it up with the admins.

Thread closed.

Re-opened for clarification by spokesperson for clevernotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SimonPRepublic

Hi GalwayGirl00,
    I represent clevernotes.ie and have permission from the moderator @Spurious to post here. I just wanted clarify for you and other members of Boards that it is not a €25 subscription to gain access to clevernotes.ie, it is actually a one-off fee where you get full access to the service until the end of exams. It's an introductory offer that lasts until the end of 15th Feb after which it goes up to a €50 one-off payment.
    I just didn't want people thinking they have to pay €25 (or €50) every month for access.
    Thanks,
    Simon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Hi Simon, I am glad this thread was reopened after the misunderstanding earlier. I appreciate your clarification on that, thank you very much for your clear explanation on the fee. Regards.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

This one looks pretty bad for Spurious.

Not at all. I still maintain asking about a site ON THE DAY IT WAS LAUNCHED has all the hallmarks of a shill.

The fact that a rep from the company clarified a query re a subscription service or a once off fee is neither here nor there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Pretty sure the site launched a good while before last Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

spurious wrote: »
    Not at all. I still maintain asking about a site ON THE DAY IT WAS LAUNCHED has all the hallmarks of a shill.

The fact that a rep from the company clarified a query re a subscription service or a once off fee is neither here nor there.
    What an idiot. If anyone else made accusations based on a hunch they would be sacked. It's amazing how power can go to some people's heads.

The 'launch' last Tuesday was not the date the website went live but was a event launch to journalists. The website was already live and online advertising was already running.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,325 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

SimonPRepublic, as you are posting on behalf of a company I have to ask you to refrain from posting any further until you have obtained a verified rep account from the guys in the office. They can be contacted at reps@boards.ie

Please note that further posts without having first obtained a verified rep account will result in a siteban.

OP, as this thread has gotten a bit off-topic I'm going to close it. If you feel you need more information please feel free to start another one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement