Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blurb gaming tv show

• 05-02-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this? Saw it advertised on challenge tv. I reckon this must be the only gaming show on tv? Anyway was hoping it be like Gamer TV back in the day but alas it was rubbish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why would anyone watch games-on-TV in this age of youTube and live-streaming technology? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Haven't seen it but I don't think gaming shows will ever really work for the reason that gamers are a very fractioned group and tough to appeal to. If you're trying to cover a wide audience (which you have to to generate ratings etc etc.) then you need to appeal to the casual gamer and so that means covering lots of the big multi-console titles which in turn turns away the PC gamer or those who 'look down' on the FIFA or COD gamer. And that casual group in the first place might not even be interested in watching a gaming show.

And even if you do your best to stay away from the casual gaming titles, the other big problem is when covering exclusive titles you're automatically alienating everyone who doesn't own that platform (no matter how acclaimed the game may be) and not enough own every platform to sustain a TV program and so you're back to covering the big popular titles which most will already know about and about which very little novel insight can be offered making for quite a repetitive and boring format.

That and well the internet, it's making news media of any sort less and less viable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like tv shows because through them I've seen games that I may have missed through one reason or another. Prfer the Blurb over Playr anyway. Playr has a habit of taking a game and showing a lot of non stop gameplay of it which can be really boring to watch. Couple examples include Kinect Star Wars and Witcher 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah its not too bad. I've seen worse.
    Having said that, I have about 6 episodes on my Sky box that I haven't watched yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

A little OT:

What was the name of that gaming show that used to be on Bravo years ago that was hosted by some (possibly ginger, and a little fat) funny Scottish dude?

Anyone remember that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone see this? Saw it advertised on challenge tv. I reckon this must be the only gaming show on tv? Anyway was hoping it be like Gamer TV back in the day but alas it was rubbish

What happened to Julia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

KonFusion wrote: »
    A little OT:

What was the name of that gaming show that used to be on Bravo years ago that was hosted by some (possibly ginger, and a little fat) funny Scottish dude?

Anyone remember that?

When Games Attack with Dominik Diamond? That didn;t last long. Most shows don't, like SFG on SciFi and Gamepad on Bravo.
    Then there was that 3 or 4 hour show on FriendlyTV and there was the Game Network which had Guru Larry.
    GarH wrote: »
    What happened to Julia?

Herself and Aoife have left for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Bring back Bad Influence!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

yeah, ahhh.. its decent enough... theres also the "playr" game show whats on too though, sky chnl 191, and repeated on 2 other of them sh*t channels pretty much everyday has one or another repeat of the show.... blurb is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bring back Bits

"Beware Coward!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When Games Attack with Dominik Diamond?

That's it alright! I actually really enjoyed that show :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Only good games "shows" are Consolevania and VideoGaiden.

TEAAAAAM!!

OT: I really enjoy Rab's writings on board games over on RPS.

Advertisement