Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates help - reset closed position

Options
  • 05-02-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Wondering if someone can help me here.

Our electric gates have operated without issue for the past 8 years. However today, it appears that the "closed" position has been somehow pushed out farther (due to the wind today is my assumption) & the gates are now closing too far, which in turn is breaking the beam, meaning that they wont stay closed. The result - they continue to open/close repeatedly.

The control panel is a FAAC 452 MPS

Does anyone know how i go about resetting the closed position so that it closes in a "straight line across" ...as opposed to the current slight V position

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

are the gates swing or slide, and do you know what model motor / actuator they use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

generally there is a spud in the ground to prevent this
    has it moved or is it still there
    alternatively there is a micro-switch on the motor itself

pics would help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stickman1

The gates are Swing.
    There is no spud on the ground - they just have always "met" on a horizontal line from their hinges, without anything physically stopping them at that position.
    I have no idea what motor...etc it is.

The only pic i have right now is of the control panel ( i thought it might just be a case of "fiddling" with the settings there :D)
    I'll try get a pic of the motor / swing mechanism tomorrow.

Advertisement