Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to get a safe????

Options
  • 05-02-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I keep my 2 shotguns in a gun locker at my club. I ticked the "Yes" box on my FCA1 that refers to the secure storage of my firearm and I also stated on my FCA1's that the guns will be stored at my gun club......... I'm buying a .22 rifle to try my hand at target shooting and plan to store this gun in the locker at the club too (it has enough space for 3 guns). Do I need to buy a gun safe for my home even though the guns will never cross the thresh hold into my home????? Also, now that this will be my third gun, will I need to install an alarm?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

No as long as they stay in the club you don't need anything in your house.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I wonder if the secure accomodation box should be ticked at all. I always assumed that it referred to the applicant's security setup.

If the guns are stored at a secure facility other than your home address, then i would include this. The reason why is if the CPO pays a visit on the assumption that you comply only to discover the guns are not even stored at your house it could be construed as a fraudulent application.

Now that is a stretch at best, and once the guns are safe you are fine. However i would include the details of the guns being stored elsewhere, and perhaps a letter form your club to this effect. Also that the rifle will be stored there too.

As for your question well Blay covered it nicely. No guns at your home, n safe needed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Thanks for the replies guys.

Advertisement