Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job near Heuston - where to live?

Options
  • 05-02-2013 7:06pm

I've been offered a job near Heuston (Parkgate St.) and will be new to Dublin so am not too familiar with where's hot and where's not when considering areas to live. I don't mind a short commute on the red line or the bus but walking miles home in the dark on my own doesn't appeal. Any recommendations for areas to look at/avoid? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CiaranIRL

Arbour Hill / Stoneybatter / Oxmantown Road area - you can't beat them !

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

HSQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

HSQ?

Place is deserted

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Inchicore or Rialto

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Stoneybatter is great, love living there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I agree. Stoneybatter is ideal.I live there and work in HSQ.Takes me about 25 mins or so to walk to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Also consider Islandbridge - it is only a 8-10 minute walk to Heuston. Unfortunately there are no shops there but it is a very quiet area with little hassle and you do have both the Phoenix Park and Memorial Park right on your doorstep.

There are a lot of apartments to rent in Clancy Quay at the moment though some have said it is a bit of a ghost town. Bellevue across the road is nice. I lived in Riverbank House right on the river and it was a good place to live with no trouble whatsoever. Apartments were a bit pokey though.

If a shop opened up in the area it would make a huge difference, other than that the location is excellnt for Hueston.

Advertisement