Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 4 Results

Options
  • 05-02-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Eagles beat the Dolphins 37 - 7

Had to play this game twice, as after i finshed the last game my xbox decided it couldn't connect to the EA servers anymore and didn't save the result

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Texans 7 Colts 31 after 2 restarts.

Change of Offensive strategy pays dividends for Andrew Luck, only 2 Interceptions in this game.

Luck 21/34, 315 yards, 3 TD's, 2 Interceptions, 32 yards rushing
    Forsett 5 rushing attempts, 23 yards, 1 TD
    Fleener 8 catches, 153 yards, 3 TD's
    Forsett 6 catches, 58 yards.
    Crabtree 3 catches 41 yards.

Schaub 10/28, 100 yards.
    Foster 10 rushing attempts, 23 yards.
    Walter 4 catches, 61 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Oh and Eircom, You will be recieving a phone call tomorrow, and Big Daddy Cool might just be brought back for that :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 34-24 Packers

Well it's no surprise that this game was a shootout, as neither defense really looked like getting stops, only turnovers were the name of the day!!

The game was tight all the way until Rodgers threw one pick too many. At 10 points up with about 6 minutes to go, the Redskins scored a pivotal TD on a 3rd and goal, as Clay Matthews blew up a play action for the umpteenth time in the game, forcing RGIII out left, and he managed to get in for the touchdown.

Stats:

Aaron Rodgers: 15/29 317 yards 3 TDs 5 INTs
    Robert Griffin: 19/29 245 yards 3 TDs 1 INT

Rushing:

Peyton Hillis: 6 attempts for 45 yards
    Roy Helu Jr.: 11 attempts for 58 yards

Thanks for the game Nelbert :) Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

SantryRed wrote: »
    Redskins 34-24 Packers

Well it's no surprise that this game was a shootout, as neither defense really looked like getting stops, only turnovers were the name of the day!!

The game was tight all the way until Rodgers threw one pick too many. At 10 points up with about 6 minutes to go, the Redskins scored a pivotal TD on a 3rd and goal, as Clay Matthews blew up a play action for the umpteenth time in the game, forcing RGIII out left, and he managed to get in for the touchdown.

Stats:

Aaron Rodgers: 15/29 317 yards 3 TDs 5 INTs
    Robert Griffin: 19/29 245 yards 3 TDs 1 INT

Rushing:

Peyton Hillis: 6 attempts for 45 yards
    Roy Helu Jr.: 11 attempts for 58 yards

Thanks for the game Nelbert :) Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Successful first quarter running the ball, tried to chase the score. The first td series was a thing of beauty from both teams. Very happy to finish mine with showing the same look that worked at the start of the series but with a completely different play.

Got obsessed with trying to tie the game asap as soon as I fell behind. Patience and keeping up with the running would have been a better approach. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Not happy with EA after this experience :mad:

Me and Neko had 3 disconnects, two in the 3rd and 1 in the second quarter. We had been playing since 10 and and by 11 30 we still hadn't seen the 4th quarter!
    They were all exciting games too.

20-7 Ravens

13-7 to me with the Bengals in possession.

17-10 to me with Neko in possession.

As we can't arrange a time, Neko has kindly allowed me to play the CPU. Much appreciated :) Its a real pity because they were enjoyable games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just finished playing Viking CPU. Took a 21-0 lead into ht, 28-3 with a minute to go in the fourth, had been running the clock. Started what was to be the last possession of the game with 1:00 left on the clock, had my backups in including my rookie HB. First play was a HB toss which he ran 80 yards for a TD (had to let him take it for the xp and unreal run). Warner had the ball after KO on the 15 yard line threw an INT on the flat which I ran ob at the 5 yard line. This time tbh I did go for it with the HB for xp, ran in the first attempt for 5 yard td.

Final score was 42-3 in spite of best intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Rams 10 - 35 Steelers.

Rams make the trip to Pittsburgh but their WRs left their hands at home. Jason Campbell put the passes on the money but he was let down by receivers. In fairness to the Steelers secondary, they come to play physical football and there were some heavy hits as the ball was being caught.

The big difference in this game as with so many games in The BFL was turnovers. Campbell was picked 3 time while Big Ben finally had a zero INT game this season.

Once again the Steelers played Steeler football rushing for 177 yards. This meant Ben only needed to throw the ball 15 time and finished with 171 yards. Pittsburgh fans want quality over quantity. Campbell passed for 161 yards and Paed ran for 80.

Mike Jenkins popped up with 2 more picks and another touchdown.

The Rams have a knowledgeable GM in place and make some big moves and big changes in the off season. With another few key pick ups at the receiver position to help out AJ Green this team could go places.

Next for The Steelers is a trip to Florida to face Timmy and The Jags, in a mouth watering, smash mouth football clash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

etloveslsd wrote: »

Hmmmm, bargain for a second round pick.

Going to blame that one on a Jerry Jones executive decision, GM was powerless to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Going to blame that one on a Jerry Jones executive decision, GM was powerless to stop it.

But Jerry, you're the GM too!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Not sure weather to say this, in case I jinx it but he has had 6 picks and 3 TDS in 2 games.

Tut Tut Jerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Not sure weather to say this, in case I jinx it but he has had 6 picks and 3 TDS in 2 games.

Tut Tut Jerry

That's amazeballs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

madalig12 wrote: »
    That's amazeballs

amazeballs. Get Out.................................

I smell a ban hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams 10 - 35 Steelers.

Rams make the trip to Pittsburgh but their WRs left their hands at home. Jason Campbell put the passes on the money but he was let down by receivers. In fairness to the Steelers secondary, they come to play physical football and there were some heavy hits as the ball was being caught.

The big difference in this game as with so many games in The BFL was turnovers. Campbell was picked 3 time while Big Ben finally had a zero INT game this season.

Once again the Steelers played Steeler football rushing for 177 yards. This meant Ben only needed to throw the ball 15 time and finished with 171 yards. Pittsburgh fans want quality over quantity. Campbell passed for 161 yards and Paed ran for 80.

The Rams have a knowledgeable GM in place and make some big moves and big changes in the off season. With another few key pick ups at the receiver position to help out AJ Green this team could go places.

Next for The Steelers is a trip to Florida to face Timmy and The Jags, in a mouth watering, smash mouth football clash

Sorry Rams routed in Steel City slaughter!!!!

After an off season of dismantling my receiver corp and picking up some good players I thought the terrible bout of the 'dropsies' had left the vicinity of Edward Jones Dome, how wrong I was!!!

Credit where credit is due, 'The Steel Curtain' was truely in effect in this game and even when the pass was on the money (as it was most of the time) there was a Steeler to rattle the receiver's teeth and cause a drop!

Campbell threw the ball 33 times!!! And only 17 were completed, many to wide open receivers and half backs! (Daniel Thomas I'm looking at you!!)

Game plan for the next game; a surprise return to smash football with S. Jackson and a extra large tub of 'Stick 'Em' for everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Panther 24-14 Lions. Story of the game:

Tony Romo had a nice game except for his 4 interceptions. Newton had to throw it into windows that were probably even smaller than the football itself but the defense was so inept he threw 2 TDs to Steve Smith, but Adrian had a user pick on him. Calvin Johnson was whopper, 7 catches, 194 yards and 2 TDs. Romo was sacked 8 times, 5 by Charles Johnson. Chris Gamble had a pick 6. Newton also sacked 8 times and his running was more or less shut down.

Difference was the Carolina defenders seemed to understand the concept of making a play on the ball, in stark contrast to the Lions defenders, who were all too happy to watch it barring direct intervention from Adrian.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Jags, Titans receive and get a couple of downs and then punt.
    JAgs move it well and get a 4 yard MJD TD, Titans get to midfield and punt.

Blackmon then takes a pass.. 50 yards but Cromartie gets an int.. makes dash gets tackled.. Titans move it but then decide to go deep.. picked off on the 5.
    A pass is sent to the middle.. the safety is stepping up.. bt MJD gets there first and then sprints into the end zone.
    Titans move it, C2J looks like he's got seperation but the MLB turns and catches, 12 seconds in the half.

JAgs receive... and its not long before they get a TD to the TE Heap
    Titans get to midfield again but have to punt.

MJD breaks off a big run to the Titans redzone, FG Jags, Titans punt afte r abig sack.

Tebow misses a sack... Blackmon hauls in a pass in the end zone.
    Titans go PA and almost throw a pick 6, FG Jags

Titans Score finally! Mikey gets a first down and that is game!

Some stats:

Ttians with 185 yards of offense, 65 rushing
    Jags with 415 yards, 148 rushing

Again not a good day for Locker with a rating of 35, 15 from 30, 1 TD but 3 ints
    Tebow is 128, 11 from 14, 267 yards, 3 TDs and 1 int

MJD wins the RB battle with 22 carries, 144 yards and 1 TD
    Johnson gets 16 carries, 65 yards
    MJD also gets 82 yards off 2 catches and a TD
    Hepa gets 3 catches and a TD as does Blackmon

Cook and Wright get 100 yards between then and Wright getting a TD.

Cant argue with the result, Mikey stuffed the run in the first half and I threw 2 stupid ints, good chatting mikey, will see you for the return leg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah cheers Heli, good chat as always.

I knew you were out to run the ball and focused my early D on getting pressure on the runner, but the thing I was most happy with today was the passing game. I was very happy with how I used Tebow, which in turn allowed MJD to get his yards, and my offence was moving really well bar one bad pass for a pick in the first half.

My offseason acquisitions of Cribbs and Heap lend 2 very solid pairs of hands to my passing game, which along with Blackmon, Robinson and Lewis mean I can take some of the onus off MJD to perform.

I think Timmy Tebow's rating of 128, 11/15 for 267 and 3TD's with only 1 pick is a career day for him in a Jags jersey, I hope to see a few more before the end of the season.

Cheers again and good luck with the season. I really needed that win going into a very tough part of my schedule. Steelers, Chiefs and Jets make up 3 of my next 4 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Seahawks 38 Cardinals 10

Seahawks win their first division match up.

Familiar enough pattern for those following the 'hawks fortunes so far...oh, just me? Alrighty then.

Ate up about 6minutes of the first quarter with a run heavy drive that ended in an early 2ndQ td. Lynch the scorer.

He had 4 rushing tds for 101yards. Beast of a chap altogether.

Cards struggled to move the ball in the air. Tight coverage gave Sherman two more picks (9 so far) and a little cheeky one for Browner too.

Beanie Wells looked dangerous on land and sea...er, in the air. Cards best player by a distance and constant thorn.

Cards found some brief hope with the game far from decided through Adrian Wilsons delightful pick, after watching it all the way. Quite brief. He fumbled it almost immediately, sent head o'er heels by my main man Marshawn Lynch.

NOTE:The team's own brand of PEDs, 'Searoids', go on sale next week. They come in a variety of flavours and have a pleasant aroma.

That potential turnover could really have lifted the Cards. I can only imagine how irritated my opposing coach felt. Genuinely, not trying to be patronising at all, I felt bad about that. One of those 'Oh for f**ksake' plays Madden throws up now and then.

Thanks very much to Monsieur le Triangle for the game.
    Up next to face my predictable, but loveable, rogues are the Falcons. Nathin' 'cept birds in my schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Niners lose to cowboys 17-14.
    In a pick heavy battering ram of a game. All points bar three scored in the second quarter. Cowboys and eventually make it to the ten, they throw a pick but whitner is too slow, Smith doesn't want to play so throws it straight back, cowboys play it around and score just into the second qtr. Then I go three an out, cowboys don't think it's fair so throw a pick six. They throw it away again and Gore runs it in, boys work it back on a two minute drive and its caught on the line whilst being tackled by three men with two seconds left in the half. Have to admit that not stopping this drive was what won the boys this one.
    Second half the boys go on another long drive and manage a FG. Niners don't want the ball and neither do the cowboys. Whilst driving into FG range with two minutes to go Stafford throws another pick to Brooks who runs it back amid blue air to the forty. I choose a play but I'm not happy with it...stare a man down, he's covered...doesn't matter throw it anyway...pick and the boys kneel it out with a huge sigh of relief.
    Smith had his worst game of the season and got the rating he deserved 5.4!:eek:
    Cowboys stopped me doing anytghink in offence and deserved the win for doing all the playing.

Willis out for six weeks - broken collarbone
    Bowman out for four weeks - dislocated elbow
    Bye week next week thank fuc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Terrible game between the two of us Ali, not one for the neutral, good chatting though.

5 picks with Stafford! Hmmmm, it's not getting any better is it.

Very unlucky with the two MLB injuries. Even without them, that defense is tough to go up against

'Boys move to 3-1 going into bye week, so am in early contention for playoffs. Will see if this keeps up. Need to sort out my passing though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos 28 Cpu Bears 14
    Aimed to keep a 2 score game between us throughout the game and generally mess around.Threw 3 interceptions with manning mostly because I kept throwing to my rookie WR trying to boost his xp,he dropped a rake though aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement