Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre populated forms?

Options
  • 05-02-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all, going to head up to the gards tomorrow but my .22 licence expired last week and have still got no forms in the post, has this happened to others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

I'm afraid it's your responsibility that you are in possession of a legal firearm. It is clearly stated that you must go to your station if you do not receive the forms three months ago! Best thing now is to rapidly go to the station and apply ASAP. The forms can be downloaded from garda.ie anyways

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If your license is about to expire then if you have not received an FCR, which i did not for me .22lr, you should ring well in advance of the expiry of your current license.

Get onto your FO, ask for the form to be sent out asap, and do not use the gun until you have the process completed. Who is to blame for the delay is not relevant only getting it sorted is.
    scorphonic wrote: »
    The forms can be downloaded from garda.ie anyways
    No they cannot. The FCR is sent out to you. You are referring to the FCA1 & FCA2. Neither of which is accepted by An Gardaí for renewals.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

scorphonic wrote: »
    I'm afraid it's your responsibility that you are in possession of a legal firearm. It is clearly stated that you must go to your station if you do not receive the forms three months ago! Best thing now is to rapidly go to the station and apply ASAP. The forms can be downloaded from garda.ie anyways

it is not a major issue,you willbe sorted,a lot of renewals went astray,me included,my shotgun is up since 31january,they told me weeks ago my pre-populated was posted weeks ago,never got it,two weeks ago my FO requested another one to be posted,still not arrived, another request was made last thursday,(all it takes is a press of a button on a computer:rolleyes:).If your FO requests a Pre-Pop on a monday it will not be printed till the following Saturday as this is the only day they are printed,so it may be the following Monday/Tuesday before it is posted (if your lucky). Just keep in touch with your FO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Got the forms last thursday. Licences expired on 31st Jan. Local Sargent had made contact in late November to see if I had recieved them, and again in December. He said there was a problem with some forms. First week of January I got all 3 licences in the post, the same day. Had not even got the application forms, or paid or anything! rang the Station with the good news, and he said "look again, they're wrong" sure enough, these also expired on the 31 Jan.2013 ! So will be sorted out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

DogfoxCork wrote: »
    Hi all, going to head up to the gards tomorrow but my .22 licence expired last week and have still got no forms in the post, has this happened to others?[/QUO

Got my renewal today dated 15January:confused:,licence is up since 31 January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

DogfoxCork wrote: »
    Hi all, going to head up to the gards tomorrow but my .22 licence expired last week and have still got no forms in the post, has this happened to others?[/QUO

Got my renewal today dated 15January:confused:,licence is up since 31 January

I got my renewal form with three days to go before the expiry date.

Within half an hour of getting the renewal form, I had it filled in and back with the Gardai. Just waiting now for the grant letter to come in the post.

Advertisement