Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance Learning Equine Science Course UL

Options
  • 05-02-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has ever done the Distance Learning Equine Science Course through the University of Limerck? It looks like you have to attend some labs and some workshops (which they say they try to hold on weekends).

If you have done it is it a tough course, what were the labs like (I have a degree in microbiology so have done lab work before but its not my favourite thing to do :eek:)?

Any more information would be much appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

shellbean wrote: »
    Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has ever done the Distance Learning Equine Science Course through the University of Limerck? It looks like you have to attend some labs and some workshops (which they say they try to hold on weekends).

If you have done it is it a tough course, what were the labs like (I have a degree in microbiology so have done lab work before but its not my favourite thing to do :eek:)?

Any more information would be much appreciated

thanks

I would like to know from anyone too what it's like I emailed em three times last year arond may or june lookin for information I'm still awaiting a reply. .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 kovu24

The course is not been run anymore, the funding has been cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

kovu24 wrote: »
    The course is not been run anymore, the funding has been cut.

Great thanks for that
    That answers why no one emailed me back !!!
    That s a pity thou

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Not exactly the same, but you could always look at doing a Fás course at a riding school which prepares you right up to BHSAI level.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Not exactly the same, but you could always look at doing a Fás course at a riding school which prepares you right up to BHSAI level.

Seriously consider what you want from doing the BHSAI working pupil course. You will work like a slave for anything up to 9 months. The pay is awful, the hours are very long and work is hard. To have your AI is grand but realistically you will not find a well paying job with it. And working privately as a teacher wont provide much income either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anastazia

Hi there,

Thought I might just let you know in case you were interested, I'm actually going to be starting a degree in Equine Science via distance learning with a college in England. Their really nice there and very responsive and they offer a lot of different equine accredited courses. In regards to the Bachelors I'll be doing, I will only have to go over a 3 or 4 times for a week or 10 days at a time, so its very doable!!

Anyway thought maybe you might find it interesting if you what to do an accredited course! ; )
    (The Open College of Equine Studies)
    Let me know if this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Hi All

Thanks for your replies, pity about the UL course not running anymore! For the FAS courses I think I read somewhere you have to be unemployed to do one (Im lucky enough to have a job so am looking to do something at night).

Anastazia thanks for the heads up on the college in England, Ill definitely have a look at that.

Cheers

Hi Shell bean,

Yeah, have a look!
    If you did one we could travel over for a study week together!!LOL:)
    There's a really nice period house on the estate that offer accommodation! Looks more like a holiday than anything else!

Regards

p.s Where abouts are you in Ireland? I'm in Dublin..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Anastazia wrote: »
    Hi Shell bean,

Yeah, have a look!
    If you did one we could travel over for a study week together!!LOL:)
    There's a really nice period house on the estate that offer accommodation! Looks more like a holiday than anything else!

Regards

p.s Where abouts are you in Ireland? I'm in Dublin..:)

We could indeed! :) Im in Dubln too! Thanks for the pointer anyway, i dont think its something il start this year though, might do it next year. The course looks great. It will be nice to study something Im actually interested in for a change :D

Yeah sounds good!:D I think its really different aswell to do a course distance learning from a different country too!
    What course would you be looking at to do?
    I'll probably be starting in March and I'll be doing it for a couple of years, so it doesn't matter if you start next year! LOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement