Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland at Wembley

Options
  • 05-02-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Tickets went on sale on the FA website for Ireland's soccer game against England at Wembley. Tickets available for the Irish end if anyone is interested. May 29th. Match will be an evening kick off despite the website saying 12.00!

Many of us Irish in London going? I got 6 tickets for lads today. Should be good craic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Just bought a ticket there.

Only a few left I think, thought away fans would be behind one of the goals but could only get a ticket for a high tier near the centre circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I seem to be able to book a few different areas. Wanted to confirm with friends if they wanted to go before I go buying though.

Are they likely to sell out before tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i've got tickets in what i'm presuming to be the opposite corner from the away fans. kept crashing when i had to enter the FAN so gave up and will now sit with the locals. great view from the section though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

cheapest away fan tix £45 for a friendly! I want to go but that price is slowing the decision. Would it be advisable to sit with the locals?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

£10 cheaper for a home ticket? I'd rather pay the extra bit and sit with the away fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i'd say there'll be plenty of away fans scattered around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'm going too. Lower tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Trying to get the Dad and brothers over for this. £45-£65 is steep enough though.

I'm up in the nosebleeds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Ah, bought two at 65 squids but went and booked a holiday the same week, so I'll have to offload them.
    Think it'll be easy to sell them? Block 121, good seats.

• Advertisement

Lads, I'm not familiar with that side of town, any decent pubs close to the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Some people on the thread on the Soccer board mentioned Hennesy's which is beside Kingsbury tube station (1 stop from Wembley park on Jubilee) and I've heard the Green Man (www.thegreenmanhotelatwembley.co.uk) is the best of a bad lot nearer the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 helpwanted01

Hey lads,

Anyone up for meeting up in Henessys and stay to watch game tonight? Should be right good atmosphere there.

PM if you do.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'll be next door in Wembley Arena swaying to 80s soft rock :D

Enjoy the match everyone and fingers crossed we win!

Advertisement