Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Masters of Chartered Accountant Qualification

Options
  • 05-02-2013 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Considering doing one of the above two qualifications & just wondering what would an Economics Masters allow me to do that a Chartered Accountancy qualification would not?

(If there is a better forum for this please move)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

In my opinion they are quite different. Economics masters would allow to to get an economics type job like working for the central bank etc whereas chartered accountant will allow to you work as an accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sandy2015

Well, If I were to apply for a job in the CB with an undergrad degree in econ and an ACA qualification, what advantage would a Econ masters have over me?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Sandy2015 wrote: »
    Well, If I were to apply for a job in the CB with an undergrad degree in econ and an ACA qualification, what advantage would a Econ masters have over me?

It really depends on the job title. A few years ago the CB took people onto their graduate programme and most had an economics masters. I was contemplating going down the economics route but figured it would be harder to gain employment and therefore went down the chartered route. Go with what you feel is best for you. What to do you ultimately want to do?

Advertisement