Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing an Apple Account from UK to ireland

• 05-02-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

When I first set up my apple i.d account I chose UK as the base region in order to cash in a free itunes voucher I had.
    I had to use my brothers Credit card details to verify as he had an address there at the time.
    I now wish to link the account to my own Visa card however I'm running into difficulty as I have to change the countries base to here and I also have to change the account holders name from him to me!
    I think I may have to contact apple to do this but I'm not sure.
    Has anyone any experience in changing regions but keeping same email address etc!
    Any feedback appreciated,
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's easy to do but the balance on the account has to be 0, in the iTunes Store on a pc scroll down and click the flag in the bottom right and you can pick country, you might need to sign out first. Not sure about changing the name on the account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I know it can be done on Itunes on pc (not sure in the Iphone app), Open Itunes, click on your email address and after on Account, next to the country you should see the option to change country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

why not remove the payment details from the UK account and keep it.
    create a new Irish itunes account and switch between the two when some items are not available in one account, they may be available in another.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

dmeehan wrote: »
    why not remove the payment details from the UK account and keep it.
    create a new Irish itunes account and switch between the two when some items are not available in one account, they may be available in another.

PITA when trying to update Apps which inevitably were purchased using the account you're not currently logged in with.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Graham wrote: »
    PITA when trying to update Apps which inevitably were purchased using the account you're not currently logged in with.
    I use my UK and US accounts only for the apps I can't get elsewhere. So the majority of updates all happen on one account. Every now and again I log into the others to update anything and see what I might be missing in the Irish store. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Dades wrote: »
    I use my UK and US accounts only for the apps I can't get elsewhere. So the majority of updates all happen on one account. Every now and again I log into the others to update anything and see what I might be missing in the Irish store. :)

me too :D I regularly update my main account apps, with occasional updates for the other

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Graham wrote: »

Yeah, but by changing countries you'll be unable to download updates for any of your purchased apps anyway. If the apps are available on the Irish store you'll have to download them again and you may still experience problems when you try to update them. In addition, UK apps that aren't on the Irish store will be lost.

OP, I'd go with separate accounts if I were you.

Advertisement