Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation Video Gallery Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

Here's an old one of mine from almost 2 years ago now. The 6pm scheduled arrival at DUB was delayed until after 9pm so the hordes of Irish spotters were disppointed to be unable to get a good look as she arrived. I managed to ambush the aircraft as it taxied past Pier D enroute to the EI hanger:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 STEVE35

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

The 787 in Hanger 6 last year :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkZFARcKvYU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

787 in very wet conditions in Shannon back in August 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

this seems like its EI testing a new 330 in Toulouse in the late 90's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Not a specific video, but the NASA Dryden Flight Research Centre achive is a brilliant collection of NASA-related flight videos from the 50s to today. Way more interesting than some trundling 737s or A320s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If I were to tell you that there was only one airport in the world that has scheduled flights land and take off on a beach, you'd expect it to be an island in the Pacific, maybe the Caribbean right? Wrong, off the west coast of Scotland is the island of Barra and Barra airport (BRR) is a 3 runway airport which takes regular flights from Glasgow operated by Logan Air on behalf of Flybe. The runways are only useable at low tide so Flight times vary around this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I kind cried looking at this for 3 reasons.

1. Salthill Airshow No More
    2. Alouette3 No More
    3. Alouette Sound No More

:(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 15 sittinduck7

what was the problem with the organisers of Salthill anyway , why did they pull the plug on the hole thing ?
    Ive seen the floating door on the tube and that was grate fun ,
    Maybe some new different organisers could get a new show going, The guys in Bray seem to be doin a good job mite be a good idea if they took it over and ran it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

A video I took on the overnight flight back to Dublin from Boston with Aer Lingus A330.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

LH A380. SFO. Good video but you can cut the atmosphere with a knife. I'd be having a chat with the FO post the flight re crm.

http://m.wimp.com/approachlanding/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

One of the best aviation videos I have seen on youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

One of the youtube comments purports to explain the video:

Hi,
    My son posted this video, and we were on board this aircraft as passenger goin on holiday! I am an airline captain flying 747s on worldwide ops so I do know a little about flying.
    I actually ran to the cockpit when we started to line op on rwy 36L in AMS.
    The take off config was goin off and could be heard till the flaps reached flaps 5.
    The flight was a Air Explore, a Slovakian wet lease to TUI Netherlands.
    During flight I asked to speak to the captain and he refused. I left a letter that I would inform the authorities in the Netherlands and file an ASR.
    Captain did not take action at all. I contacted the flight safety officer of TUI and send the vid to them. The captain in question never filed a report or a mention in the techlog.
    TUI NL filed the ASR and reviewed the wet lease. The captain of this flight was fired and wet lease terminated after the season.
    Aviation is littered with cowboy cavelier accidents which easily could have happened. Read the spanair MD80 JK5022, no flap takeoff. see how that went.
    The captain in charge was neglecting his operating procedures using Checklist and on top did not abort!
    A take off config warning is an abort,
    Get of the runway, check the problem,
    Rectify, and take off again or back to gate.
    Small example what if the flaps came out asymmetric? One smoking hole in AMS.
    Personally I never crapped my pants in a plane but this moment was a close one.
    All pilots should work towards an environment where mistakes like this don't happen or get picked up with checklists.
    On a separate note, there are jet aircraft which take off with out flaps or don't have leading edge devices. Example Fokker 70

Advertisement