Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed cut in half, ping spikes and disconnections...

Options
  • 06-02-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

So over the last week or so there have been some problems with my connection dropping and getting high ping spikes in games. After having a look in the modem settings while rebooting etc. I noticed the speed has been lowered to 3776 kbps / 384 kbps. This was over 7000 and I could usually get 5-6Mb in speed tests but now I'm only getting 3Mb. Just wondering if there are any known faults in the Kilsheelan exchange (outside Clonmel, Co. Tipperary)? 

These issues seemed to happen around the same time as the storms so I thought maybe this was a factor but there hasn't been any improvement since.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    So over the last week or so there have been some problems with my connection dropping and getting high ping spikes in games. After having a look in the modem settings while rebooting etc. I noticed the speed has been lowered to 3776 kbps / 384 kbps. This was over 7000 and I could usually get 5-6Mb in speed tests but now I'm only getting 3Mb. Just wondering if there are any known faults in the Kilsheelan exchange (outside Clonmel, Co. Tipperary)? 

These issues seemed to happen around the same time as the storms so I thought maybe this was a factor but there hasn't been any improvement since.

Hi AlanMc86

I have looked into this and tests confirm that there may be an issueresulting from you current internal set up at your socket. You may notice that when you connect your modem directly to your phone socket (eliminating any phone connected or filters/splitters) that the speed may increase. Please follow this link for guidance and instructions on how to resolve any internal connection/set up issue: http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/BROADBAND-SLOW-SPEED-INTERMITTENT-CONNECTION-CHECKLIST/m-p/5262

Also, If this issue persists after following the steps and advice suggestedin the above link please contact broadband technical support (1890260260) as they have advised me that they may need to conduct some troubleshooting with you over a call.

Best wishes

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

Awesome, you were right! So would this be a faulty splitter? I'll just leave the setup like this I think, I don't use the phone anyway. Thanks for that it was so simple. It just happened to coincide with the storms so I assumed it was a fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    Awesome, you were right! So would this be a faulty splitter? I'll just leave the setup like this I think, I don't use the phone anyway. Thanks for that it was so simple. It just happened to coincide with the storms so I assumed it was a fault.
    HI AlanMc86

I'm glad to hear this, It may be a faulty splitter or your general previous internal set up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Al

Advertisement