Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Colfer RIP

Options
  • 06-02-2013 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Billy was my 5th class teacher in 1975 and on a school tour that year introduced me to Tintern, Dunbrody, Hook, Slade, Loftus Hall, Dollar Bay, Baginbun and tales of the Knights Templar.

As a teenager on school holidays during summer I would have camped down in Slade for a few days fishing and was brought out by Billy a couple of times on his boat (benefits of being an ex pupil).

Forty years on and living 80 miles away that part of Wexford still has an amazing attraction for me and indeed my own children who although in their teens keep asking when are we moving down there.

I've no doubt I'm one of hundreds around the country similarly minded who owe Billy Colfer a huge thanks for being a great educator. He was a true son of Wexford and will be a great loss.

Condolences to his family.

http://www.heritagecouncil.ie/news-media/view-article-from-home/article/sad-passing-of-billy-colfer/?tx_ttnews[backPid]=6&cHash=4f46f02d68ff295691956764020fb8cb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

RIP Billy. Great teacher - taught me for 5th class 76/77.

Advertisement