Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 monitor setup

Options
  • 06-02-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

OK ..Hope I am in the right place.
    2 monitors connected to XP computer

Monitor No.1 via VGA port ( monitor identified as No 1)
    Monitor No 2 via DVI port.. as monitor No,2:confused:
    . both show the desktop and the mouse movements etc
    but when a disc is played in the tray of the computer it only shows on one monitor.
    I have changed the connections vise versa and the same result video shows on the second monitor.

What is wrong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

You want to play a DVD movie in clone mode on 2 monitors, right?

Can you give us a few more details, such as graphics card make and model, driver version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

lionela wrote: »
    OK ..Hope I am in the right place.
    2 monitors connected to XP computer

Monitor No.1 via VGA port ( monitor identified as No 1)
    Monitor No 2 via DVI port.. as monitor No,2:confused:
    . both show the desktop and the mouse movements etc
    but when a disc is played in the tray of the computer it only shows on one monitor.
    I have changed the connections vise versa and the same result video shows on the second monitor.

What is wrong
    If you have an extended monitor setup, it will play on whatever screen you move the video window too (as in the software, such as Windows Media Player or VLC). Drag it to the other side, it will by default always show on the "desktop" screen where the icons / taskbar is situated.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

Will get details of Gr. card and get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

This will give you all the details.

Advertisement