Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing In Canada?

Options
  • 06-02-2013 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

~Mods feel free to move if you think posted in wrong forum but leave it be here for a day or two please;)~

Hey anyone doing much fishing in canada? (fishing with a rod and line;))i am big into the fishing here in Ireland mostly game fishing Salmon, sea trout etc. so i would like to continue if i make it to canada. Just wondering has anyone got to do much in Canada yet? I have heard there is some brilliant Steelhead fishing in the Skenna and Copper river in BC anyone got to try it yet?:D..

Also heard Alberta has some pretty good trout fishing with the bow river in Calgary offering good sport anyone any tips or advice? Trying to work out if to bring some of the tackle as it can cost big $$$ over there from websites i have been looking at. would to love to hear any stories or tips ye might have for me:D
    Ross.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kev33

Tried to, got the fishing license but found it hard to find a good fishing spot without a boat, a lot of the lakes are private and are lined with holiday homes or private houses. I'm located north of Toronto in a place called Barrie. Fishing scene seems a bit different here, but i dont have much experience with it and im not sure what its like out west or further north.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

God it's been years since I fished. I don't even have any of the equipment anymore :/ Good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

hdowney wrote: »
    God it's been years since I fished. I don't even have any of the equipment anymore :/ Good though

Fishing in Skenna river every fisherman's[IMG][/img]img_4362.jpg dream:D

http://www.fishskeena.com/data2/images/kalum_river_fishskeena_13.jpg

Hopefully in the 2 years i will make it to this river:D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Me and my mate are going to try and get back into the fishing when we get to Vancouver. Used to do it here but haven't fished in a while now.

Apparently BC has some great fishing spots, should really start checking it out lol :)

mate it has some of the best fishing in the world i cant wait to go there just look at the fish that dude caught in bc look at how clean the water that is a once in the lifestyle steelhead i cant wait to head there hopefully i will get to it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Its defo something I want to experience over there..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    ~Mods feel free to move if you think posted in wrong forum but leave it be here for a day or two please;)~

Hey anyone doing much fishing in canada? (fishing with a rod and line;))i am big into the fishing here in Ireland mostly game fishing Salmon, sea trout etc. so i would like to continue if i make it to canada. Just wondering has anyone got to do much in Canada yet? I have heard there is some brilliant Steelhead fishing in the Skenna and Copper river in BC anyone got to try it yet?:D..

Also heard Alberta has some pretty good trout fishing with the bow river in Calgary offering good sport anyone any tips or advice? Trying to work out if to bring some of the tackle as it can cost big $$$ over there from websites i have been looking at. would to love to hear any stories or tips ye might have for me:D
    Ross.

My bf is d same, mad into the fishing, he's been looking up fishing around d Calgary area on d net, from what he's seen looks really good, he's v.excited :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My mate is over there and doing a lot during the salmon run and last week was steelhead fishing but conditions was quite bad and biggest fish he caught was not even a pound
    I'm hoping to go over this July and do a good bit of fishing and hopefully some hunting aswell
    You should try sturgeon fishing when you get over
    It's on my to do list

yea mate i am deffo going to be i am going to do a bit of trout fishing in the bow river in calgary hopeing to plan a trip up to bc in augest or sept:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Fishing in Skenna river every fisherman's

Hopefully in the 2 years i will make it to this river:D

You'd better hurry up mate I eat a lot of Steelhead!

• Advertisement

doubtful mate them rivers are strictly catch and release and even if you are its only a matter of time before you get fined;) that fishing is worth to much to BC for them to not look after it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

doubtful mate them rivers are strictly catch and release and even if you are its only a matter of time before you get fined;) that fishing is worth to much to BC for them to not look after it;)

I dont fish fish, i eat fish :)

oh god i could never eat one of them fish:D

Advertisement