Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pain in my forearm when lifting weights

• 06-02-2013 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I've been going to the gym since October mainly doing strength work. Last week I got a pain in my left forearm after one of my sessions. It wasn't too bad at the time but since then it's killing me when I'm doing my biceps especially. It's annoying because its stopping me lifting as much as I usually do.

Does anyone know why this happened? Since I started in Oct I go Mon - Fri every week. Chest and Triceps on Mon/Wed/Fri and Biceps/Back on Tues/Thurs.
    I do a lot of weights for my Chest, triceps and biceps. 2 weeks ago I upped the weight I was lifting for most of my exercises and started doing dumbbell flyes as I hadn't been doing them at all. Would this be the cause of the pain or is it something else? And how can I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Go to a physio or doctor, as per the forum charter you can't seek medical advice here. Closing thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement