Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving in New Zealand

• 06-02-2013 6:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

This might be a stupid question but im moving over to new zealand at the end of the month and was wondering how strict the police are over there on the roads...i drive over here but only have a provisional licence, so ill be over there with no licence, i will be traveling around and a car would come in handy...what would the maximum penelty i could get with driving with no licence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

xbox360MAD wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but im moving over to new zealand at the end of the month and was wondering how strict the police are over there on the roads...i drive over here but only have a provisional licence, so ill be over there with no licence, i will be traveling around and a car would come in handy...what would the maximum penelty i could get with driving with no licence?

Swap it over for a learner NZ permit.

Certain restrictions apply to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,735 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Maximum penalty for driving without a licence, or in contravention of terms of licence, is a fine of $1,000.

In addition the police can issue you with a driving ban, effective immediately (meaning you have to call a mate, or a taxi, to get home, and someone else has to come and pick up the car). And if you're caught driving a second time and still with no licence, your vehicle can be seized and impounded for 28 days (even if it doesn't belong to you).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yep stupid question. Learn how to drive before you go out on the road and kill someone like me or my friends/family. Why don't you just sit the test here if you're coming for any period of time? Grow up. Thread closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

pclancy wrote: »
    Yep stupid question. Learn how to drive before you go out on the road and kill someone like me or my friends/family. Why don't you just sit the test here if you're coming for any period of time? Grow up. Thread closed.

Closed you say?

arHER.jpg

Not directed at the moddy person thing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Rabies wrote: »
    Closed you say?

Not directed at the moddy person thing :P

Ban him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

xbox360MAD wrote: »

you were right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Closing this thread as the discussion is over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement