Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB meter inside house.

Options
  • 06-02-2013 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Just moved into new house and ESB meter is inside the house. How often does the ESB have to read the meter as I dont be in the house during normal working hours only after hours so it could be a problem for me that I need to organise with the ESB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

you'll get estimate billing,or you can ring them and give the meter reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭seamusmacc

Or you give them the meter reading online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Or you can text the meter reading to them on your mobile, Instructions on options to inform them of the correct meter reading are on the back of the bill you receive from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The new meters can be read wirelessly from outside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I moved into a house in early November with an internal meter. A lady knocked at the door about 10 days ago to read it. So not very often. And there isn't any great problem if you aren't around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

someone from esb is send out once a year to read the actual meter. they would throw a flyer in your letterbox to let you know about the date. so you should make sure the person has access to the meter at that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hi All,
    Just moved into new house and ESB meter is inside the house. How often does the ESB have to read the meter as I dont be in the house during normal working hours only after hours so it could be a problem for me that I need to organise with the ESB

ESB bill every two months (times per year) and seek to read the meter 4 times per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I'm in a house since 2008 with an old internal meter. I've had the meter read twice in that time only due to my wife being on maternity leave. Have had no problems with any company I've been with. Just make sure you give them your reading so estimates don't build up possibly getting it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I lived in a house with an internal meter for nearly two years and they never once read the meter. Like other posters have said, the meter reader drops a card through your letter box if they can't gain access and I just kept it right by phoning in the meter reading myself.

Advertisement