Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Epson SX130 Ink Jet Printer

• 06-02-2013 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

in Argos
    for €22.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭So Annoyed

Seems to be out of stock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

3 in Navan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

Rhodney wrote: »
    in Argos
    for €22.99
    Do the ink cartridges come with the printer or do you have to buy them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

eggox wrote: »
    Do the ink cartridges come with the printer or do you have to buy them

they come with it but they would not be full cartridges but still they will last a while.

i bought one of these last year for E40 so it's a good deal.

i get the 4 cartridges on ebay for about E9 so tis cheap as chips for the ink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

Rhodney wrote: »
    in Argos
    for €22.99
    thankyou i just reserved one, it works out cheaper than buying new inks for my old printer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

While I appreciate some people loce inkjets. For occasional use they are generally hopeless - drying up and getting clogged

Laser printers have got so cheap, that in my opinion, they are a much better purchase - I bought a mono laser printer about two years ago for only €60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

homer911 wrote: »
    While I appreciate some people loce inkjets. For occasional use they are generally hopeless - drying up and getting clogged

Laser printers have got so cheap, that in my opinion, they are a much better purchase - I bought a mono laser printer about two years ago for only €60

Which brand homer & what are your costs for toner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Reserved printer on line and got reservation number. Drove from south county Dublin to Navan and was handed a HP printer. Same thing says yer man. No alternative offered.
    85 miles, 4 tolls and €3 parking. And no printer.
    Not happy

See if I win the €1000 for telling Argos about my shopping experience on www.tellargos.ie

Navan is still showing 1 in stock, don't buy it unless you want a HP printer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 honeybea

I had this model ...It gave lots of trouble ....could not use compatible cartridges that I bought in Tesco...In fairness to Tesco they refunded the money when I brought them back...and to buy the Epson 4 cartridges cost 45 Euro...I now have a HP 1050A and the ink costs 24 Euro in Agros....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Anybody looking for good cheap ink and is an ebay user, you can't go wrong with this guy, have bought heaps of cartridges from him all top class

http://myworld.ebay.ie/theinkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

gustafo wrote: »
    i bought one of these last year for E40 so it's a good deal.
    trad wrote: »
    Drove from south county Dublin to Navan and was handed a HP printer. Same thing says yer man. No alternative offered.
    85 miles, 4 tolls and €3 parking. And no printer.
    Not happy

So you decided to do an 85mile trip with 4tolls/parking etc just to save 18 quid??

But yeh as homer911 said, just get a lazer and be done with the messing of injets. You's might be able to get dirt cheap cartidges for €9 etc online, but all false economy if you don't use it regularly. I've been there done that with countless inkjets, just when your in a hurry and need something printed, it will spit out very poor quality pages. Got a lazer now and no hassle at all!

Timmay

I have 2 laser printer, 1 multifunction laser printer / copier, a photo printer and a couple of colour inkjets.

I wanted this particular printer because i have a CISS that would fit straight into it that I use for sublimation printing so from that point of view it wasn't a bad decision to travel. Brought the missus along for the spin so she got to see some new shops so could have been a win / win allround if the feckers had the right printer

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Just collected my printer and got a HP 1050A. When I got home and checked it out, it is listed as E53.99 in Argos and seems to have good enough star ratings on argos and Amazon. Have I still got a bargain or not? Not taken it out of the box yet til I do a bit more research on ink prices...

Sent off a complaint to customer services, none here, had to send t to the british site. Usual half hearted apology offered me £10 voucher if I sent them my post code.
    Pointed out I lived in Ireland, €is our currency and we don't have post codes. Now they are offering €10.

wonder if I'll win the €1000 on www.tellargos.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Sorry off topic but has anyone got a link for a cheap laser printer preferably with WiFi ?

BrendanD wrote: »
    Sorry off topic but has anyone got a link for a cheap laser printer preferably with WiFi ?

Here's one. No wifi though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Here's one. No wifi though.

Just be sure affordable toner is readily available.

Also, it'd require Parcel Motel.

Advertisement