Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secondary Schools Football

• 06-02-2013 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Bah! just here to rant really and let people know whats going on in schools football

Here's the story:
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/schools-mess-cant-be-allowed-to-fester-3327134.html

My own view on the online registration is that it is difficult, awkward and busy teachers are bombarded with reams of instruction emails throughout September and October which only adds to confusion. If it wasn't such a cheap, poorly designed site they might not have had so many issues but I can clearly see why so many schools don't complete every step of the process. (I'm the IT go to guy in my school)

But there's more information lately. All the refs received a letter telling them not to ref games in small competitions set up by teacher between schools. There's loads of kids who didn't get a game all year for their schools because of whats above and now the FAI are trying to stop those games too.

This isn't a new thing either. Each season the FAIS sets up a league that guarantees 3 league games and one cup game for each school. Thats it. After the pool stage of the league 2 teams qualify and 2 teams are finished football for the year. Thats half the schools in the country done by November. Schools have been setting up little leagues for years after christmas every year as it's usually the same schools qualifying and the same ones not making it if their smaller schools or if football is a second sport.

I'm sure if schools thought they'd get more than 4 games in a year then teachers would be more determined to register.

Advertisement