Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Determining traffic for a website

Options
  • 06-02-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I am considering taking out an advert in a 3rd party website to promote by business. However, before I commit to the spend, is there any way I can determine the traffic for the particular website? I've tried alexa.com however the data for the site in question is pretty sparce.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Ask the 3rd party for the Google Analytics report for the period in question

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Forum1133

JMR wrote: »
    Ask the 3rd party for the Google Analytics report for the period in question

Thanks JMR, I was hoping I could verify this myself rather than doubting their own claims, but I suppose it is a fair ask.

Thanks again,
    Forum1133

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

They should supply some sort of metric but if Alexa is sparse there might be a reason!

You could also ask for the GWT Search Queries screen (as a a way around the obvious - just an idea)

fyi --- there's a lot of misinformation being quoted by sites, using things like 12 month page-impressions instead of visits etc. Also, some take a peak day or month and multiply it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

If they are kosher they can send you a "dashboard" via a pdf.

This will be emailed from google analytics directly. Its a facility put there for this scenario exactly. I've done it many a time (although the analytics on some of the sites are 'public' anyway so can be seen through google)

If they don't send you a PDF in that manner ie fro the Google analytics mailer - I'd put the brakes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Forum1133

Thanks for that - the organisation itself is 100% legit, but I'd just like to get info on the "bang for my buck" so to speak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement